Need Help with my UW Deck

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I need some help fleshing out my UW deck that evolved from my angel deck once RTR came out. It plays well but i am always looking to improve it. Also would like to get a 15 card sideboard for FNM but i never played with one before. Feel free to offer any suggestions i just ask that you explain the reasoning behind them so i can learn from them. 

24 Creatures
Cathedral Sanctifier 
Wingcrafter 
Alchemist's Apprentice 
Azorius Arrester 
New Prahv Guildmage 
Serra Avenger 
Stealer of Secrets 
Goldnight Redeemer
Archon of the Triumvirate
Serra Avatar

1 Planeswalker:
1  Tamiyo, the Moon Sage 

13 Spells:
Cyclonic Rift 
Inaction Injunction 
Search Warrant 
2 Oblivion Ring 
Faith's Reward 
Inspiration 
Supreme Verdict 
Planar Cleansing 

22 Land:
Azorius Guildgate 
Island 
Plains
I would probably remove the Alchemist's Apprentices, Faith's Reward, Inspiration, and move Planar Cleansing to sidebar.

Things I would put in: more control. Maybe more Azorius Arrester, probably some counter magic or sorts, and (possibly) another Supreme Verdict. More Oblivion Rings would help you stall out to get the mana for your bombs and make it to the late game seeing as you're only running 22 lands. I like the Wingcrafter + Stealer of Secrets combo.

I'm working on a Wu control deck as well but it feels a bit strange. 
I would probably remove the Alchemist's Apprentices, Faith's Reward, Inspiration, and move Planar Cleansing to sidebar.

Things I would put in: more control. Maybe more Azorius Arrester, probably some counter magic or sorts, and (possibly) another Supreme Verdict. More Oblivion Rings would help you stall out to get the mana for your bombs and make it to the late game seeing as you're only running 22 lands. I like the Wingcrafter + Stealer of Secrets combo.

Honestly i like tandem lookout in this format more then i like stealer of secrets... gutshot isnt in the format anymore and you have the potential of drawing cards when both creatures deal damage 

Completely agree with that.

Honestly i like tandem lookout in this format more then i like stealer of secrets... gutshot isnt in the format anymore and you have the potential of drawing cards when both creatures deal damage 

Thanks for the heads up on Tandem Lookout. How i missed this card i do not know.
Some interesting ideas in that deck list, just not sure if i want to go that deep with detain. I have built the UW guild deck and that is nothing but detain and it feels like the deck has no personality much like mill decks imo, just seems like a cheap easy way to play.
Some interesting ideas in that deck list, just not sure if i want to go that deep with detain. I have built the UW guild deck and that is nothing but detain and it feels like the deck has no personality much like mill decks imo, just seems like a cheap easy way to play.

O.o The only card in the deck with detain is Inaction Injunction and that's there for the draw. The sidebar has 6 cards with detain in it, but that should actually be changed. Needs more spell hate and less creature control.

O.o The only card in the deck with detain is Inaction Injunction and that's there for the draw. The sidebar has 6 cards with detain in it, but that should actually be changed. Needs more spell hate and less creature control.

Yea i had commented before you posted your list, i just am weary about putting to much detain in, like i said previously i have built the UW guild deck and its all detain. That is not what i want to be "the detain guy" lol FYI i made a new post of this deck in standard deck help, i expect the locals here on this board to burn this post soon.
can we get this thread moved?

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Sign In to post comments