centaurs count as mounted combat?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
if i make a centaur pc and take mounted feats like spirited charge do i count as mounted or not?(i am half horse)
if i make a centaur pc and take mounted feats like spirited charge do i count as mounted or not?(i am half horse)

yep but only.

According to Races of Faerun pag 132 (as racial feats) Centaurs can acquire the Spirited Charge and Trample feats (ignoring the prerequisites) and apply the benefits to their own melee attacks.
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
3.5, I would say, after wasting 30 minutes of googling, and finding nothing useful or official, that basically a centaur character (some racial HD and LA +2 and all that) should basically be considered to have the free feat mounted combat and the free skill ride, 1 rank for purposes of and only of qualifying for the feat tree or trees listed.  NOT for if the centaur impossibly rode some other beast, just for the qualification (pre-req's) of the higher feats.  (i.e. mounted combat would never change his own armor class!

This might seem vaguely overpowered, giving the centaur a "ride-by" and "spirited attack" and even lance benefits a few levels early, but I think it's totally justified if the DM is properly a jerk and includes a few walls that no horse can scale, or remembers that a fallen comrade that weighs in at over a ton can't be gotten to the healers' temple. 

Look around the apartment or room you are in.  A centaur would take up half the space, knock over your couch, and brush the ceiling.  He ain't even to get to go inside of half the places you adventure.

Races of Faerun is 3.5

now for take a cavalier prestige class you will need train Ride-by-attack and mounted combat (for some type of mount) but as normal like said in

SPIRITED CHARGE [GENERAL]

Prerequisites: Ride 1 rank, Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack.

Benefit: When mounted and using the charge action, you deal double damage with a melee weapon (or triple damage with a lance).

Special: A fighter may select Spirited Charge as one of his fighter bonus feats.

you can start with Spirited charge and make damage X3 with a lance in a charge but maybe you will have a lot of difficulties in dungeon and places to mediums and a lot to escape from a pit of 30Fts

Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
Races of Faerun is 3.5

I just checked, and it's from March 2003, which means it is 3.0, not 3.5...

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg)

Races of Faerun is 3.5

I just checked, and it's from March 2003, which means it is 3.0, not 3.5...

is 3.5 read the monster description and skills all are 3.5

look for the DR of the Lycansthropes that is /silver.
is 3.5 read the monster description and skills all are 3.5

look for the DR of the Lycansthropes that is /silver.

The book was released in March 2003, the first 3.5 book was released in July 2003.  It's 3.0.

I'm certain that you'd be able to find one or two mentions of 3.0 skills (Intuit Direction, Innuendo, Alchemy, etc.). 
remember that this book is for the faerun set not the standard D&D core set and is complies under the 3.5 rules.

remember that this book is for the faerun set not the standard D&D core set and is complies under the 3.5 rules.

I'm not saying it's not compatible with 3.5, just that some DMs might not allow it due to it technically being 3.0... Some DMs are just like that... *shrugs*

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg)

I'm not saying it's not compatible with 3.5, just that some DMs might not allow it due to it technically being 3.0... Some DMs are just like that... *shrugs*

the guide itself say that is 3.5(in a time where they do not exist as such hence dont say that is 3.5) more that book of vile darkness that is need in 3.5 (and many book of 3.5 need it).
the guide itself say that is 3.5(in a time where they do not exist as such hence dont say that is 3.5) more that book of vile darkness that is need in 3.5 (and many book of 3.5 need it).

While it does say that it complies with the revised core books, that doesn't mean that it's fully 3.5.  It states that 'Some rules revisions have been included in this product...';  this means that it's probably closer to 3.25 (if it existed) than a full 3.5 (which started in July 2003, a full 4 months after the book was released).

While it does say that it complies with the revised core books, that doesn't mean that it's fully 3.5.  It states that 'Some rules revisions have been included in this product...';  this means that it's probably closer to 3.25 (if it existed) than a full 3.5 (which started in July 2003, a full 4 months after the book was released).

¬¬ you think that 3.5 was made in 4 months???

this book is only 3.0 because the time line but still is 3.5 under the rules.

They didn't publish things using the 3.5 rules because those rules were published yet. If they had published the book under 3.5 before 3.5 was released, they would by default be leaking content before release date. Something most people try not to do. Its 3.0.

---------

On topic. IIRC there is no official ruling on centaurs and counting as mounted, so they don't. I think its strongly implied that you should house rule them as counting as mounted or unmounted whenever it makes the most sense. 

I wouldn't go so far as to give mounted combat as written to them, but I would let them qualify for mounted feats without it. I also wouldn't let them use ride checks to negate their AC if they took the feat and weren't mounted on another animal somehow. (snake or something?). Same for mounted archery. No penalty, because they aren't actually mounted. That said, they can move like normal and shoot a bow. I'd probably have to evaluate everything on a case by case basis. If its something that clearly is designed to function for someone on a horse, or something no. If its something else sure. Stuff like counting as your own paladin mount? no. 

"In a way, you are worse than Krusk"                               " As usual, Krusk comments with assuredness, but lacks the clarity and awareness of what he's talking about"

"Can't say enough how much I agree with Krusk"        "Wow, thank you very much"

"Your advice is the worst"