What is WRONG with you, WotC? Grrrr.....

212 posts / 0 new
Last post
As some of you may know, I try to keep track of the current Modern meta by looking at the daily Scheduled Event results on the What's Happening? page. Over the past week, ten events have not been reported. Judging by the dearth of results, I see other formats with similar non-results.

Assuming a minimum of 16 players (many of these events had more), that means at least fifty decklists are missing. Which leaves any meta information pretty much meaningless.

I've contacted CS a couple days running now, and all I've seen in response is "we got your email".

I've developed a formula for the "slop factor" (S) to account for this

S = (5 * # of missing events / # of decks entered) * (# of decks in archetype)

Which leaves me with results like this:

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

Two more missing today. Bringing the total to 12 missing results. Which is over 50% of the 21 scheduled events in a week.

Note the the meta chart is "live", and updates as I update info. 

Three more missing. Bring the total to 15, or 3/4 of the scheduled events in a week.

Customer service continues to give me "we're working on it".

Whoever is fixing this, they're doing a piss-poor job.

EDIT: Here's another way of looking at it.

I, too, would like to add my frustration to this.  I check the what's happening page daily, and it's frustrating knowing that there are tournaments missing.  I check out pauper, standard, and block and there have to be dozens of missing events at this point.
This is getting ridiculous. Do they even care? More missing today. I fired off another email (all on the same incident #) to CS, like I've done every day since this started happening. They haven't bothered to respond since Thursday. Assuming 5 decks per missing event, the missing events now account for almost ONE QUARTER of the modern meta. This is a conservative number, because several of the missing events had more that 16 players. (the pie chart above is "live" and updates when I update the meta database)

I imagine the same holds true for Standard, Block, Pauper, etc.

And yes, you can now expect a bump & rant every day this occurs.

I tweeted Lee about this when you first started the thread. But remember, at least half the time since the first post was a weekend, and a local Pro Tour to boot.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead.

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
I tweeted Lee about this when you first started the thread. But remember, at least half the time since the first post was a weekend, and a local Pro Tour to boot.

The first post was a couple days after I reported it at first to CS. They've had least 5 business days to deal with it, despite a local PT.

What... the... hell?!?!?!?

www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

RDW w/Tron lands? Tron decks missing lands? Sideboard w/11-14 cards? 58/59 Card decks? 72 card decks?  How am I supposed to get anything from that? Are you guys PURPOSEFULLY muddying meta information?

Yea you also touded how it would be so easy to get the deck lists and port them right to Mtgo!  But most of the lists are wrong or missing cards.  This was never an issue before so whats up???
What... the... hell?!?!?!?

www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

RDW w/Tron lands? Tron decks missing lands? Sideboard w/11-14 cards? 58/59 Card decks? 72 card decks?  How am I supposed to get anything from that? Are you guys PURPOSEFULLY muddying meta information?

For whatever reason, every card with an apostrophe in the name is missing from the page.  I don't know what it is with apostrophes and Magic cards, but this isn't the first time I've seen a Magic site have a problem autolinking cards with one in their name.

Blarg! Apparently the solution is to not post event results at all. None have been posted in the last few days. I keep looking and hoping, only to have my hopes dashed day after day. I realize that the people who are resposible for this might have been distracted by the PT, then the CCC, but meh! If this senile cranky old man can multitask, so can you young turks at WotC. 

Go ahead! Make me eat crow! Post all the results since downtime! I dare you!

EDIT: Results just posted. Still missing events. See the pie chart above, which is a "live" image of the current online modern meta.

Sorry for the delay in responding here.

In regards to the recent reduced event coverage, this was a conscious decision by the Wizards R&D team that wasn’t made lightly. Ultimately, we feel that publishing every deck list leads to solving constructed formats far too efficiently, resulting in early stagnation that’s not fun for anybody. We still want to show new deck ideas every day and provide insight into the Magic play environment, but we don’t want metagame development to become purely a function of data analysis. Going forward, we’ll still provide the winning deck lists from all Premier Event top 8’s. We will also show the 4-0 and 3-1 deck lists for one completed Daily Event in each format per day.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

In regards to the recent reduced event coverage, this was a conscious decision by the Wizards R&D team that wasn’t made lightly. Ultimately, we feel that publishing every deck list leads to solving constructed formats far too efficiently, resulting in early stagnation that’s not fun for anybody. We still want to show new deck ideas every day and provide insight into the Magic play environment, but we don’t want metagame development to become purely a function of data analysis. Going forward, we’ll still provide the winning deck lists from all Premier Event top 8’s. We will also show the 4-0 and 3-1 deck lists for one completed Daily Event in each format per day.

Really. You're serious? Blarg. Figures. AFter working for almost a year keeping track of the modern meta, you willy nilly yank the rug out. WITH NO NOTICE! The no notice part really irks me. I'm afraid to keep typing for fear of what will spew frm my fingers.

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I'm curious, is the data from these decks being published really the straw that broke the camels back so to say? On any given day there are dozens of analysises (ya I don't knwo the right word/spelling) on different sites on a number of formats. So while this may affect primarily MTGO formats, it seems odd for the widely played and analyzed ones.

Blippy, I would love it if you put those pictures in spoilers, it completely messes up my forum view (at work at least).

Myths of Theros: Part 1, Part 2, Born of the Gods Myths

Beta Client, "Shiny", V4.0 tutorial

Momir Basic Primer

I understand what you're saying wotc_sean, but it's putting the genie back in the bottle. Someone is going to work around this. You might as well carry on supplying the data for the goodwill it creates for your company.

I believe that this is a bad descion and am not happy with this.  I am just posting here to show my discontent. 
I will also say that you guys just killed one of the primary reasons for me to visit the WoTC Mothership. I suppose SCG might see an increase in Prememium membership.

There are just so many sources for information on what is and isnt working that it really does seem silly to take this resource away.

Sorry if my first thought on the matter is the mess with the Guillaume's and how they were given acess to the godbook. (yes i know it's a different matter entirely but it is still information that was not widely shared and was supposed to be in-house only)
My MTGO username is Ranth

Not going to comment on this decision itself...

I just wanted to say that I think this is exactly the kind of thing you guys should be announcing and communicating to the MTGO users... not just leaving us to notice it and ask about it. We love communication. and if if you seem to ignore us we at least like to hear from you about why you are doing things... and we especially like to be informed that you ARE doing things.
Calavera on MTGO I collect Zendikar Foil Basic lands. Trade me yours! Things that I want to see changed on MTGO: 1: 64 man drafts added to rotation of Events. 2: Visual/Audible Notification of disconnect, deckbuild/afk time expiring and round starts. 3: Prize Payouts as close to draft sets as possible. 4: Rotate Classic draft queues monthly! 5: MOCS level events for Classic/Pauper 6: Power 9! 7: Award Promo Cards for Constructed PEs (esp for Legacy/Classic) 8: Program Split option back in! 9: Set Favorite version in deck editor (i.e. always use x swamp) 10: Better sorting of gold cards in deck editor. 11: Bring leagues Back!
Modern is basicaly unsolveable and you just made JUND even MORE of an EASY deck choice.  And then not telling any one and we have to beg for an answer??  Infuriating, Nice game.
Not to mention what you just did to poor Blippy flushing all his hard work.  He has been a massive pillar in the Modern forrums, you owe him like 1000 tix  I also never say I want to quit the game over things, but this has me feeling it.  I Demand Satisfaction!
This is precisely what is wrong with the communication methods over at WOTC. Was there any questioning of the populace to find out what they (we) need? The unilateral decision to yank important data off the site because you think it might be harming the meta game is pure bs imho. I respect that corps need to make decisions and some of them quite hard ones but this should be a no brainer. That data is one reason the meta changes so much.

People read Blippy's articles, see what's going, make astute changes to their decks to adjust and refine and sometimes completely innovate and thus the meta is constantly in flux. Without proper information more people are going to be inclined to net deck the easy button deck (which ever fits at the moment but I think now it is Jund or Zombies and in the past has been Splinter Twin or other RU combo-control.)

Even if the decision is one that must be made, letting us know in a clear and decisive manner without waiting for us to ask is an important step towards clarity and good communication. Hey guys just a heads up: "In a month or two we will be phasing out the data from dailies in order to test how it affects the meta." As it is it seems like an unnecessary adjustment/tweak done because someone remarked how stale modern seems to have become (and I would disagree that it has but I am not a data analyst/ statistician and only rely on what I see and experience and read so I have take someone else's word for it.)

Winter.Wolf

Good move by Wizards. There should be incentive to innovate, what's the incentive if everyone in the world gets your decklist after you succeed? Secret tech should stay secret, if the creator chooses. Nothing is stopping you from posting your 3-1 or 4-0 decklist on your own if you want.
The modern metagame is much too deep to be ruined by posting results. The B&R list has done a lot of heavy lifting to ensure that the metagame is open enough. This is, in a word, unneccessary. 
Good move by Wizards. There should be incentive to innovate.

the incentive to innovate is called "winning". see: stanislav cifka, shouta yasooka
This seems like a really poor move to me.  I've been on both sides of this argument.  There have been times where I've been annoyed at having mirrors of my exact 75 and wish that the deck changes I worked hard on tweaking didn't get out so easy. Taking away these results really hurts a lot of people though.  Blippy (among others like JustSin in Pauper) have obviously been working hard to make metagame articles for MTGO only for that be taken away.  I know I and many others like to keep track of how I am doing on a website like mtgstats or mtgoacademy, but now a huge amount of those results will be missing.  I've also had players new to Daily Events talk to me and be genuinely excited that they would have there name and deck featured in Decks of the Week.  So, now they randomly won't if they don't play the chosen event?

I think the bads really outweigh the goods on this one, and I am curious to what caused the change.  Is it an after effect of pre-banning ISD block and the huge amount of people playing the same cheap to build token deck?  I'm just curious, as even though I can see the positives and have been frustrated by people taking my 75 before, on the whole this decision just does not make sense to me.
Just wanted to toss in my two cents and say that, lack of transparency and access to information is typically the sign of a failure on the part of the governing body to trust the community.  In this case, Wizards needs to trust that the community of players of each of the formats will continue to attempt to innovate and crack new holes in "solved" formats.  Then, if it doesn't seem that a particular deck can be cracked by metagaming alone, it's a sign that bannings should ensue just like always.

I feel it is big a mistake by WotC to have made this change.  I have always praised WotC for their coverage of the events they held, it's sad to see something like this happen.  Like others here, I am disappointed by the way this change was implemented, it made WotC look incompetent to me.  No excuse was given for the missing data, it just made everyone think that WotC weren't bothered about daily events or followers of the format (like Blippy) anymore.  You know, I wonder if anything would have even been said about the missing results had Blippy not made this thread? Not a wise move in my view Wizards, you only have yourselves to blame if attendance to your Daily’s drop as a result of this poorly organised decision.

A question: Is the one result that's posted each day selected by a person, or is it selected by an algorithmic (e.g. always the first of the day) or random process?

If it's selected by a person, then the minimal statistics that we'll be getting won't even be unbiased.
How can Wizards have thought that if they made this decision it would be a good idea to "keep it a secret" for so long? I thought they were getting better at announcing things in advance, but this is an Epic Fail.
This reminds me of rating removal.  It did more harm than good and will not eliminate the problem it was intended to eliminate.  Now people will just copy the top 4 more than ever instead of seeing what might be improved upon with a different mind doing the small tweaks.  Myself it won't impact as I have never copied them but I can still see it was a   :facepalm  type of  move only able to be described as "well you know wotc does some dumb things some times"
"They were civilized they even drank their blood from a cup"→James Silke/Frank Frazzeta "When the Cryptkeeper sticks 'em they tend to stay stuck"→Cryptkeeper "Do not blame the current developers if there is something you don't like about Magic Online. Chances are no one asked the developers for their opinion."→elf "They just look at me like I'm stupid and then I just say something like well you know WOTC does some dumb things sometimes."→wilmheath "Like just about everything I've experienced with MTGO and the Magic WotC website, I'm finding it difficult to..."→0rbit "the more general question is: at what point does an easily fixable interface issue become a defect?"→silentbobus "Imagine, only four years later and I almost have as much functionality as I used to."→Algona "WotC, you make an awesome game, why do you have to suck so bad at letting people have a fun time?"→MTGKaioshin "If you are all about playing as many games as possible as fast as possible and you KNOW you have me beat, then concede and move on"→Johnh2005 "Wow. You're a real pleasure to help. Good luck figuring it out by yourself."→tempesteye "2hg brokest of the broke"→Me, Myself & I "It's you against the shuffler."→jwark "this look like freeware that some kid down the street crafted up"→ProtossX "ask them if the world came to an economic end tomorrow, whether they think little printed pieces of paper could be traded for actual goods or services"→dangerlinto "You still have time before the buggy, non user friendly beta is shoved down your throat"→theminer575 Server status→ http://www.wizards.com/magic/magiconlineserverstatus.asp Love or hate me I was brought to you courtesy of V3!

This is a harmful decision. Aside from the fact that it smacks of censorship, it will make life harder for the tournament-attending community, especially Modern players. (Standard and Legacy players won't be affected to the same extent, because more third-party information is available on these formats.)

The availability of a metagame analysis doesn't cause stagnation. Sites like mtgdecks.net have been displaying a breakdown of every format's metagame for years and that never stifled innovation. The withdrawal of that information could, however, cause stagnation by making the best deck for an unknown metagame (Jund, by virtue of packing answers to everything) even more popular.

Also, scarcity of information fuels baseless speculation, exaggerated claims and calls for bans and general trolling. It makes impossible any meaningful discussion of the banned list. In fact, without at least some player-generated metagame and matchup analysis, the DCI won't be able to make knowledgeable banning decisions. Modern has seen more than its fair share of bannings carried out without any knowledge and understanding of the format (the preemptive bannings), and I think no one wants these decisions to be made that way again.
In Legacy, Blue is the best color. Let's punish blue, in Modern. And they listened!
Nothing to add but registering my disconent over this
I dug up my log in information just to respond, but I think it sucks majorly that this is happening.. I, like Blippy, have put in a lot of time writing articles based on the results put up for DEs to take a look at the Pauper meta, which wasn't just something for me, but was constantly altered by what other players and fans of the format thought in order to get the best understanding of what the meta was like... by removing this information it sucks big time because of all that wasted effort
I would also like to voice my discontent with this change.  I believe DE lists are a great tool and show how the meta shifts in minute ways from event to event and then rewards players who can detect and adapt to these subtle shifts.  Now it will be very hard to pinpoint where the meta is and players will be left guessing as to how to tune decks, instead of being able to intelligently adapt.  
I can not disagree hard enough with all the people here, with maybe a few exceptions. There is nothing worse as a dual online/paper player than going to FNM and playing the same stupid Caw or Delver decks the majority of your rounds. Magic Online and the Hive Mind is a large factor in why Standard has been "solved" the last 2 years with several months remaining in the season. Being somewhat in the dark about the entire format challenges you as a brewer and a player, because there are decks you're not always aware of. Also, the fact that people are associating "knowing the meta" with being able to win is adorable. There are still plenty of resources to find top decks from major tournaments and adjust to beat them, as well as several ways to brew and test your own decks. A comprehensive list of decks in a format leads to lazy building, and boring magic to watch

Like I said, there are exceptions:

1) Because the paper world's response to Pauper is usually along the lines of "thbbbbbbt", I don't think those results should be restricted as heavily, because it's a nearly online-only format. In the interest of fairness to all formats, I can see why they would. Obv if Pauper GPs start popping up, I might revisit this

2)  I think as a compromise Wizards should only post the 4-0 lists. That shows light on the decks and the players that accomplished an unbeaten record, which should at least be acknowledged, while not showing the next dozen or so lists to reveal EVERYTHING about the format.

This is not unfairly limited information, nobody has access to these lists if Wizards continues this policy. Everyone is still on a fairly level playing field, and it comes down to how you use the resources available. 

For people who enjoy relaying such information and analyzing a meta in articles or posts, yes it sucks, my sympathies. For anyone else? I don't get how it is so damning for you
scrubnextdoor blog
Notable Stuffs
Champion of Niv's 1st Block Constructed Tournament
1000 posts & !-year anniversary 2/17/10 BOOYAH

Siggables
Neruka's Boyfriend
Kor Firewalker is SO HOT. He is the fire in my pants. I want his firewalking babies.

Oops
75932913 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
I just realized how large a pain in the ass it's going to be to break down regionals like this
but look on the bright side, [b]Ding Dong jund is dead[b], it's not the boogyman anymore XD

Razorgore
61325265 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
Near Death Experience?
Gideon is not impressed by your triple white, incredibly difficult-to-manlipulate jank card.
Poor Niche
57860688 wrote:
MaRo keeps stabbing me in the face with cards like Phyrexian Rebirth. It's a black card.. with black art... in a white layer with white costs. Up yours, design team.
Cryptic Command can go munch on a bowl of my nuts
This doesn't seem like the best implementation of this policy. I don't necessarily agree with the change in principle, but I'm also a stats geek for the MTGO community. This seems to set a bad precedent of WotC putting excessive controls over the information available to the community. However, I also agree that there is a necessity to encourage innovation in a format, and cutting the number of decklists that are released is probably a reasonable way to go about doing this. Please rethink the way that this is being implemented, because this is probably one of the least elegant solutions possible.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
I can not disagree hard enough with all the people here, with maybe a few exceptions. There is nothing worse as a dual online/paper player than going to FNM and playing the same stupid Caw or Delver decks the majority of your rounds. Magic Online and the Hive Mind is a large factor in why Standard has been "solved" the last 2 years with several months remaining in the season. Being somewhat in the dark about the entire format challenges you as a brewer and a player, because there are decks you're not always aware of. Also, the fact that people are associating "knowing the meta" with being able to win is adorable. There are still plenty of resources to find top decks from major tournaments and adjust to beat them, as well as several ways to brew and test your own decks. A comprehensive list of decks in a format leads to lazy building, and boring magic to watch

Like I said, there are exceptions:

1) Because the paper world's response to Pauper is usually along the lines of "thbbbbbbt", I don't think those results should be restricted as heavily, because it's a nearly online-only format. In the interest of fairness to all formats, I can see why they would. Obv if Pauper GPs start popping up, I might revisit this

2)  I think as a compromise Wizards should only post the 4-0 lists. That shows light on the decks and the players that accomplished an unbeaten record, which should at least be acknowledged, while not showing the next dozen or so lists to reveal EVERYTHING about the format.

This is not unfairly limited information, nobody has access to these lists if Wizards continues this policy. Everyone is still on a fairly level playing field, and it comes down to how you use the resources available. 

For people who enjoy relaying such information and analyzing a meta in articles or posts, yes it sucks, my sympathies. For anyone else? I don't get how it is so damning for you

I don't relay meta information (although I do really enjoy the articles of Blippy and JustSin) and this bothers me for a couple of other reasons.

Last year, each format had a Player of the Year race.  That was taken away due to the shakeup of MOCS, but due to them posting all the 3-1's and 4-0's of each event you could see who was standing out at each time in the format.  For some formats this is more important for others.  Classic has prizes given out for Player of the Year, if more than one event fires in a day will it just not count?

This also hurts a lot of players that are getting into the Daily Event scene.  I have been asked many times by players new to Scheduled Events if they would have the deck posted in decks of the week.  Many people get excited about getting the recognition of being on WOTC's website. Randomly not giving them this if they do not do well in the right event seems like a poor move to me.
I’ve removed content from this thread because vulgarities and ad hominem attacks are a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Post button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

.... Magic Online and the Hive Mind is a large factor in why Standard has been "solved" the last 2 years with several months remaining in the season.  ...

I see the point of this with Block and Standard.

Not with non-rotating formats, tho. Example: Modern has been published daily for over a year, and it is far from "solved".

Another brainfart: separate rotating & non-rotating format policies. 

.... Magic Online and the Hive Mind is a large factor in why Standard has been "solved" the last 2 years with several months remaining in the season.  ...

I see the point of this with Block and Standard.

Not with non-rotating formats, tho. Example: Modern has been published daily for over a year, and it is far from "solved".

Another brainfart: separate rotating & non-rotating format policies. 

Furthermore, is this really a fault of the policy or of the formats?

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead.

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
This is completely outrageous.

Blippytheslug and JustSin have been doing great work in the community promoting formats that have hardly any major sites writing about them. Maybe modern gets some publicity, but pauper does not. Almost every new player on MTGO I've seen first plays pauper before ANY other format. This move creates a huge disparity in who knows what decks dominate and who doesn't. The way they do their analyses is to take all the decklists and analyze how they preformed in daily events. New players NEED this.

Even for Standard, obviously the most famous format, needs this kind of display. A realistic metagame analysis cannot take place without displaying deck lists from EVERY daily event. Furthermore, decklists that show innovations in the format cannot get the same light of day, which causes the format to get extremely stale and promoting an even worse netdecking situation than in the status quo.