White Soldier & Angel Deck List - Tips & Advice?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

Okay, so I am trying to build a really effective all White Soldier & Angels Deck.  

Its mostly Soldiers with a sprinkle of Angels (with a few other cards added in for effect, or added in until I get better cards to replace them).
This is not a tournament deck. Its just for fun...but I want it to kick arse too.
So I thought I'd post it here and see what recommendations you all might have.

It's not a "finished" deck.  I want to test it a few times. But atm, these are the cards that I have for it. 
There are a few others I am thinking to add (or replace) if/when I get them.

Also, yes, it is larger than 60 cards... I have tried and tried and tried to slim it down (and actually did..haha... this is what I ended up with)

I am calling this deck, "Steel & Sky".   

that's because you copied the list from somewhere, and it took a whole lot of formatting with it
best to retype it with [deck]

general tips for your deck:
- cut it down to 60 cards (with 20-24 lands)
- less 1-ofs and 2-ofs, more 4-ofs
proud member of the 2011 community team
that's because you copied the list from somewhere, and it took a whole lot of formatting with it
best to retype it with [deck]

general tips for your deck:
- cut it down to 60 cards (with 20-24 lands)
- less 1-ofs and 2-ofs, more 4-ofs

Oh! Okay. I'll try redoing the deck here so it works that way. Thanks!

Also... what are the "ofs" ? 

"1-ofs" means "cards you only have 1 copy in the deck"
similarly "4-ofs" are "cards you have 4 copies in the deck"

here is how I choose how many copies of a card I include in a deck
4: I want to draw this every game, and I don't mind getting multiple copies in my hand
3: I want to draw this most games, but not get multiples
2: I rarely use this, it's generally to split with similar spells like Doom Blade/Go for the Throat for example
1: I can either search for this or it is so expensive I can only use it lategame when I have most likely drawn it
proud member of the 2011 community team
You should listen to Enigma256, seems like a smart dude. I agree with evrything he said, always try to get your deck to 60, otherwise you'll never draw the things you'll want. Pretty much the only rule I follow while building my own decks.