Mono green tutor help

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, so I was wondering if there was a way to tutor for a sorcery card without using a sorcery or instant card, in mono green.
-Quotes from The Rebellion of the Four players- alright, first round and our leader crited on our defender. Go team. Those were, in order, my facial expressions after reading Talis's move.-Dark9174 after A slick move by the enemy swordmage (I apologize ahead of time, guys. I hit the only PC I was almost certain I'd miss. I shall join Grunn in the "I've critted on my teammate" corner of shame, now.)- TheDracon
Beseech the Queen is possible in Mono-green, but it is a sorcery

Mangara's Tome
Planar Portal
proud member of the 2011 community team
Ok. Thank you. Now another question, without using instant or sorcery, artifacts. The reason I ask is that I want to do a Yeva EDH deck and make it also a primal surge deck. I just need a way to get the surge.
-Quotes from The Rebellion of the Four players- alright, first round and our leader crited on our defender. Go team. Those were, in order, my facial expressions after reading Talis's move.-Dark9174 after A slick move by the enemy swordmage (I apologize ahead of time, guys. I hit the only PC I was almost certain I'd miss. I shall join Grunn in the "I've critted on my teammate" corner of shame, now.)- TheDracon
ok, then Beseech the Queen is out because of EDH ;)
not sure if there are other tutors, those are just the one's a quick gatherer search turned up

just in case you are wondering Mangara's Tome doesn't have to exile 5 cards, you can choose not to find more cards than you need, so anywhere between 0 and 5 is fine
it will also help you not to lose when your library is empty, if you overdid it with your spell ;)
Lol. Those are good artifacts and will probably be in. I'm just trying to make sure I can get surge in my hand. Primal surge Is going to be my only sorcery and I'm going to have no instants. Just lands, creatures, artifacts, enchantments, and planeswalkers. I want to also make a deck that works with out surging so any kind of mono green combo help is greatly appreciated.
And Mangara's tome says you find five cards. You can't find UP TO five. But I don't plan on over surging.
oh, you're right
since it doesn't mention any qualities you have to find 5
For a mono green the best is Planar Portal, but enchant it with Elemental Resonance and you're done, a tutor for free each turn, while your opponents don't destroy it.
And Mangara's tome says you find five cards. You can't find UP TO five. But I don't plan on over surging.

I'd take that over to Rules Q&A. You are normally allowed to search and not find, but I'm not sure if the Tome will work or not if you fail to find exactly 5 cards.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

I'd take that over to Rules Q&A. You are normally allowed to search and not find, but I'm not sure if the Tome will work or not if you fail to find exactly 5 cards.

only when there is a restriction on the search or if the library has less than 5 cards

for example with Gifts Ungiven you can find between 0 and 4 cards, because there is a restriction on it (different names)

I read the card not careful enough for my first answer

Enigma256 is correct, you must find exactly five cards.  When searching for something that a particular quality you may choose to not find them.  When searching for a quantity, you must find.

_Magic: The Gathering_ Comprehensive Rules

These rules are effective as of October 1, 2012.

701.15b If a player is searching a hidden zone for cards with a stated quality, such as a card with a certain card type or color, that player isn't required to find some or all of those cards even if they're present in that zone.

701.15d If a player is searching a hidden zone simply for a quantity of cards, such as "a card" or "three cards," that player must find that many cards (or as many as possible, if the zone doesn't contain enough cards).