Slitherhead

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Slitherhead does he count as green and black? I know it's a dumb question but my friend played Knight of Glory and was wondering if i can block him

Can't block. It's green. It's black. It's green and black.
Protection only cares that it matches its quality
it doesn't care which other qualities it might have

Slitherhead is black (even when cast for ), Knight of Glory doesn't care that it is also green
proud member of the 2011 community team
Azorius Charm I use to boucne Knight of Glory to top of deck, my friend plays Faith's Shield on Knight of Glory and gives it protection from blue, can I re-choose my option since it is below on the stack?
can I re-choose my option since it is below on the stack?

No. You choose a mode as you cast the spell. You cannot change your choice later.
No you cannot. Targets are chosen when the spell goes on the stack. You do not get to rechoose targets if the original target becomes illegal. In this case, the Charm is countered since its only target is now illegal.

EDIT: In addition, modes are also locked in when you announce the spell, so you cannot change modes after you've cast the spell.

Wizards.Com Boards Net Rep

DCI Level 2 Judge

Questions don't have to make sense, but answers do.

No you cannot. Targets are chosen when the spell goes on the stack. You do not get to rechoose targets if the original target becomes illegal. In this case, the Charm is countered since its only target is now illegal.

I think he was actually talking about changing the mode, but essentially the same answer applies.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
mode is even more fixed than targets, you can Redirect spells, but I don't think there is any way to change modes of a spell
proud member of the 2011 community team