Zombies

45 posts / 0 new
Last post
Because, for a reason, it's not here or on deck help.

Here's my current B/r Zombies list:

4 Blood Crypt
4 Dragonskull Summit
3 Rakdos Guildgate
1 Cavern of Souls
9 Swamp

4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Diregraf Ghoul
4 Gravecrawler
4 Blood Artist
4 Geralf's Messanger
4 Falkenrath Aristocrat

4 Crippling Blight
4 Pillar of Flame
3 Searing Spear
4 Brimstone Volley

SB: 3 Dreadbore
SB: 3 Mark of Mutiny
SB: 2 Appetite for Brains
SB: 4 Flames of the Firebrand
SB: 3 Knight of Infamy
The mage formerly known as kedi. Team GFG - Goons From Ghana - Playing sweet decks since 2010 1:31 AM Nighthavk_: I'm actually playing B/r zombies 1:31 AM Battle7: nice 1:31 AM Nighthavk_: yeah it's pretty sweet really 1:31 AM Battle7: playing esper tokens 1:32 AM Nighthavk_: I like that deck 1:32 AM Battle7: it's sweet
Here's my list. Slightly different. 

Lands - 22
10 Swamp
4 Blood Crypt 
4 Dragonskull Summitt
4 Cavern of Souls

Creatures - 24
4 Gravecrawler
4 Diregraf Ghoul
4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Blood Artist
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Falkenrath Arisocrat

Non-Creature Spells - 14
4 Pillar of Flame
3 Crippling Blight
4 Sign in Blood
3 Brimstone Volley

Sideboard
3 Knight of Infamy
3 Mark of Muntiny
3 Flames of the Firebrand
2 Rakdos Charm
2 Appetite for Brains
2 Dreadbore

I don't like the gates even if they don't matter being played on T2 with another one drop. It sucks as your 4th land waiting to drop arisocrat or waiting to play a messenger. I still play Sign in Blood because it helps you get to your reach and it's fine when you're running Blood Artist. If you opt for no blood artist then I would run more removal. In my sideboard I don't go as all in on stuff just so I can feel like I have more flexibility for a deck that isn't flexible. I'm sold on the mark of mutiny now but I think Rakdos Charm is still good in the board. 
the point of the guildgates is taht they tap for red mana for your spells.  the reason caverns are much better in golgari zombies is because they play muliple zombies with secondary colors in their costs.  BR zombies are all mono colored, other than aristocrats, but they aren't zombies obviously.

no one says you have to run the guildgates, but this is why they are commonly adopted in BR zombies that are trying to play a dozen red burn spells. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

I believe that every B/R Zombies should have the same basic creature package. Four of Blood Artist, Diregraf Ghould, Geralf's Messenger, and Gravecrawler. Falkenrath Aristocrat and Rakdos Cackler should be at least 3 ofs.

The lands are also going to be a least 9 Swamps, 4 Blood Crypt, 4 Dragonskull Summit every time.

The other spells will contain at least 3 Pillar of Flame, 4 Searing Blaze, and 2 Brimstone Volley.

With that said, here is the B/R Zombie shell:

Creatures: (22)
4 Blood Artist
4 Diregraf Ghoul
3 Falkenrath Aristocrat
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Gravecrawler
3 Rakdos Cackler

Other Spells: (9)
2 Brimstone Volley
4 Searing Blaze
3 Pillar of Flame

Lands: (17)
4 Blood Crypt
4 Dragonskull Summit
9 Swamps

This is 48 cards. Here is how I chose to fill in the remaining slots of my main deck:

Creatures: (2)
1 Falkenrath Aristocrat
1 Rakdos Cackler

Other Spells: (5)
1 Brimstone Volley
3 Crippling Blight
1 Pillar of Flame

Lands: (5)
4 Rakdos Guildgate
1 Swamp

I play 4 guildgates because, like Burning_Forest stated, I like to cast my red other spells. I play Crippling Blight because Thragtusk is not fun thing to deal with and the blights let you go around it.

My sideboard looks like this:

3 Appetite for Brains
2 Dreadbore
2 Flames of the Firebrand
1 Mark of Mutiny
1 Mountain
2 Rakdos, Lord of Riots
2 Rakdos Charm
2 Sever the Bloodline

Appetite for Brains is another solution to the Thragtusk problem. It is also very good against control decks where Crippling Blight is simply a dead card. Mark of Mutiny is fun against Jund and Reanimator but is very limited otherwise. I believe the other cards explain themselves.

Is it reasonable to say the Thragtusk is the defining card of this metagame?

Mark of Mutiny's been winning me so many games I had no business winning. Even when you don't immediately kill, it often gets such damage across that it's pretty hard to lose. 

Appetite has been lackluster for me.

After having Bump in the Night being played against me, I'm a believer. That card is super good in this deck and easily replaced the crippling blights, which made their way to SB.

I can't think of a lot of decks where I'd rather side in Rakdos rather than keep Aristocrats in.  
The mage formerly known as kedi. Team GFG - Goons From Ghana - Playing sweet decks since 2010 1:31 AM Nighthavk_: I'm actually playing B/r zombies 1:31 AM Battle7: nice 1:31 AM Nighthavk_: yeah it's pretty sweet really 1:31 AM Battle7: playing esper tokens 1:32 AM Nighthavk_: I like that deck 1:32 AM Battle7: it's sweet
Rakdos Charm v. Falkenrath Aristocrat: Play... ...both?
Rakdos is a good card but a dud for this deck. Double red makes it hard to cast and not having haste makes me not want to play it. 
Here's my take.  I had success with this setup at FNM last week:

I was siding in 2 Slaughter Games every game 2, and it felt like it should've been mainboard.  Tragic Slips were usually the weak link, and i'm considering dropping them for the full set of Crippling Blight, the "can't block" fits the deck better.  Rakdos's Return was a dead card a few times, but it was still a good finisher when i got mana flooded.  Only round loss came to mana floods, so dropping a land or two.  The hand disruption from the few Appetite, Return, and Slaughter Games was well worth playing tho, keeping midrange and combo decks in check.  I should've played 4 Cacklers as well, since putting 6 power on the board by turn 2 is very hard for most decks to deal with.   
Am I missing something, but crippling blight seems incredibly underpowered.  I'd rather just run a burn spell or some creature removal, but instead it looks like everyone runs it.

Casual Play Archetypes | The Casual Play FAQ: A Guide to the Game of Magic | The Return of Group-Make-A-Deck!

Contributions are welcomed!

nogoblinsallowed.com

Join us!  

Because you can Blight a Thragtusk, and then you just have to out race a 4/2 and eat away at their +5 life.  Better trade off than losing a creature and them still having a 3/3 and that +5 life.

Here's my list since even though I love Sligh, looks like when I go for the best 1-drops I end up with Zombies anyway.

B/r Zombie-Sligh
Lands:
4 Blood Crypt
4 Dragonskull Summit
2 Rakdos Guildgate
1 Cavern of Souls
11 Swamp

Creatures:
4 Gravecrawler
4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Diregraf Ghoul
4 Lightning Mauler (don't know why I'm stuck on him, he probably SHOULD be Shred-Freak)
4 Geralf's Messenger
3 Falkenrath Aristocrat

Spells:
4 Pillar of Flame
4 Searing Spear
4 Dreadbore
4 Brimstone Volley (part of me really wants to make this Mark of Mutiny)

Sideboard:
2 Pithing Needle (Turn's off 'Walkers, and other nasty activated abilities)
4 Appetite for Brains (get's rid of Thragtusk, 'Walkers, any on hand sweepers)
4 Torch Fiend (general artifact hate, mostly to hate on Cage)
2 Sever the Bloodline (Angel token hate)
3 Slaughter Games (Shuts down combo)

I wish I could run some copies of Annalating Fire, but I don't know how well my manabase will support for 1 spell at 2 or 3 copies.

I don't run Blood Artist because he does nothing on his own other than block, die and lose them a life.

I still need to find some room for some Blights.  I'm thinking my Needles can go.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
Dude, cut Lightning Mauler immediately. The only cards in your deck that don't come in tapped or before Mauler have haste already, he is almost strictly worse than any other two drop in your list.
I know I should cut him, but for some reason I'm just stuck on the fact that I can both cast him off of Cavern without naming Human, and for this deck he's just a slightly more finicky Shred-Freak.  But mostly it's the thought of top decking him on turn 3 or later and being able to haste both him and a 1-drop in my hand.  I'm going to run with him a bit longer, eventually I should come to my senses.

I'm looking to make room in my MD for 2 Mark of Mutiny, I'm thinking of cutting a Messenger and one of my 1-drops.  Probably a Gravecrawler since he is the weaker of the 1 drops, and it's not like having 3 is going to hurt my chances of being able to recur him, provided the other deck doesn't hate him out.

Also thinking about Cutting a Slaughter Games and my Needles for 3 Crippling Blight.  I probably should cut Torch Fiend for a full set of 4, but I can't help but think I'll need the hate for artifacts.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
For what it's worth, I feel that Blood Artist is still relevant in Zombies because of it's synergy with the rest of it. It synergises with Aristocrat like a beast and makes all that removal a bit more painful. And more often then you'd think I've swung games out of nowhere by sacking a field of zombies to Aristocrat and just bleeding them big time for it using a Messenger and a recurring crawler. Not to mention it can make racing against you quite hairy.
I want to be Cultured.
Am I missing something, but crippling blight seems incredibly underpowered.  I'd rather just run a burn spell or some creature removal, but instead it looks like everyone runs it.

If you find yourself regularly beating decks that play Thragtusk on turn 4 or 5, then you probably don't need crippling blight and you're not missing anything.
2 [C]Mark of Mutiny[/C] and 2 [C]Fling[/C] seems really good against the Thragtusk decks. Ideally, you steal Thragtusk, fling for 5 damage and get the token. However, both cards can work well independently. Flinging Messenger with Blood Artist out does six damage, of which three can be used to take out a Thragtusk if need be, and you end up with a 4/3. Mark of Mutiny can be really great for breaking a war of attrition. Personally, I'm running these out of the sideboard and pulling them in for Thragtusk.
My updated list. 

Lands:
1 Cavern of Souls
4 Blood Crypt
4 Dragonskull Summit
3 Rakdos Guildgate
10 Swamp

Creatures:
4 Gravecrawler
4 Diregraf Ghoul
3 Rakdos Cackler
4 Rakdos Shred-Freak
3 Geralf's Messenger
3 Falkenrath Aristocrat

Spells:
4 Pillar of Flame
4 Searing Spear
4 Dreadbore
4 Brimstone Volley
2 Mark of Mutiny

Sideboard:
4 Crippling Blight
3 Tribute to Hunger
4 Annihilating Fire
2 Sever the Bloodline
2 slots open, tentative Pithing Needle

I think I have it mostly fleshed out, just need 2 more SB slots filled. I may need to fiddle with my manabase a little since I'm trying to be greedy and run 4 Fires in my SB for the mirror. I could probably cut the Tributes from the SB, but I really hate Geist of Saint Taft.  I'm really liking my 2 MD Mark of Munty.  They just help me get there and it's a nice answer to Thragtusk Game 1.  Even had a random game where I Marked a Ghoul I played the same turn and swung for lethal.  It just comes in handy.
My Decks
I'm toying a little bit with Deathrite Shaman over Cackler in my list.  I've found I've lost a little of aggressive early swings, but I've gained in pressure since I can get 2 through without attacking.  I've got more than enough removal to help keep him fed, but I can also use him to hate on Reanimator.

It's almost enough to make me consider a few Overgrown Tombs to nom-creatures, seems good in the mirror and the life is nice for VS any Aggro, and it really hates on Reanimator at that point.
My Decks
I wouldn't run Deathrite Shaman in B/r Zombies without 8 Golgari lands, it's hard enough getting green mana when I want it when running Jund Zombies.

I ran a 2/2 split of Rakdos Cackler and Deathrite Shaman in B/r on Friday. Was almost never happy to see the latter and wound up siding him out frequently.

If you manage to find a happy distribution of burn for a Jund Zombies list, please let me know. I have the mana base and all the components, I just can't find an optimal configuration for them.
I wouldn't run Deathrite Shaman in B/r Zombies without 8 Golgari lands, it's hard enough getting green mana when I want it when running Jund Zombies.

The random use for Green would just be an added perk for some occasional life.  He's 2 damage every turn without having to attack, helping you fight through board stalls.  I think he's at least worth testing.
My Decks
It seems this deck is a thing again.

Jon Bolding's BR Aggro

Winner, Grand Prix Charleston

4 Blood Crypt
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Dragonskull Summit
1 Mountain
4 Rakdos Guildgate
7 Swamp

4 Diregraf Ghoul
4 Falkenrath Aristocrat
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Gravecrawler
3 Hellrider
4 Knight of Infamy
3 Thundermaw Hellkite

2 Brimstone Volley
4 Searing Spear
2 Sign in Blood
2 Victim of Night

Sideboard
2 Appetite for Brains
3 Bonfire of the Damned
2 Cremate
3 Pillar of Flame
2 Underworld Connections
1 Victim of Night
2 Zealous Conscripts

Tyler Lytle's BR Aggro
Winner, Grand Prix San Antonio
4 Blood Crypt
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Dragonskull Summit
1 Mountain
4 Rakdos Guildgate
7 Swamp
4 Diregraf Ghoul
4 Falkenrath Aristocrat
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Gravecrawler
3 Hellrider
4 Knight of Infamy
3 Thundermaw Hellkite

4 Pillar of Flame
4 Searing Spear
2 Victim of Night

Sideboard:
2 Appetite for Brains
3 Bonfire of the Damned
2 Cremate
2 Underworld Connections
4 Vampire Nighthawk
2 Zealous Conscripts

I'm running Tyler's but with
-4 Pillar of Flame
-2 victim of night
-1 Hellrider

+4 Dreadbore
+2 Devil's Play
+1 Thundermaw Hellkite

Because of what I expect from my local meta.

Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Still new and just getting back into Magic, but this deck interests me as one of the smaller price points. Its still going to cost a lot but seems a little bit more reasonable then other stuff. I was just wondering if someone could explain some strategy and some of the wincons of this deck. I guess I am just missing some of the obvious strategy. Anything like that would be great thank you.
Basically, play cheap, efficient creatures, turn them sideways when profitable, burn down your opponent or the things standing in the way of your creatures beating down your opponent.
The game plan is pretty cut and dry. Aggressive plays and just keep going bigger to make life gain nothing more than a speed bump. Use burn and other removal to keep the way clear.

Hellkite is a 5/5 hastey evasive beater. Aristocrat is just as hastey and dodges most removal. Hellrider pushes damage through along with weenies. Thats really all there is to it.
My Decks
Yeah this newest iteration of Zombies is a bit more brain-dead, har har. The SoM-Inn version of Zombies had a lot more cool interactions like sac outlet + Blood Artist + Gravecrawler + another zombie. Or resetting a Geralf's Messenger with a Fume Spitter.

Regardless, this midrangey version of Zombies is much stronger than the balls to the walls aggro version. As for non-burn removal, what do you guys prefer? Tragic Slip is good in the mirror and Stuffy Doll. Dreadbore catches everything, but the sorcery clause is quite annoying. Victim of Night could be strong depending on the meta. Ultimate Price seems simmilar.
Ignore Stuffy, and outside the Mirror, Slip isn't what it used to be.  Victim is a nice MD option.  Ultimate Price is excellent SB material to answer opposing Hellkites.  I like Dreadbore MD, but I'm willing to eat some random haste Game 1.  I opt for Dreadbore over Victim mostly so I have that kill spell for a Planswalker if it get's dropped.

I'd probably have switched to Victim, but I haven't ran my Zombie list for a while. 
My Decks

im still rather new but ive played a couple tournaments here and there, i was wondering if i could get some pointers or advice on my white lock deck. i was thinking 2 more restoration angels but im not sure yet. any feedback would be appreciated.

Main Deck:
ajani caller of the pride x2

rhox faithmender x2

restoration angel x2

azorius arrester x4

serra avenger x4

cathedral sanctifier x4

elitist inquisitor x4

cloudshift x4

erase x4

oblivion ring x4

pacifism x4

plains x22

Side Board:

terminus x3

intrepid hero x3

war priest of thune x3

grafdigger’s cage x3

witchbane orb x3

^^Why on earth would you post that here, in the Zombies thread?

Really?.....Really?
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Hey guys, I've been trying to work off a Jund list; here's what I got so far:

23 Lands:

4x Blood Crypt
4x Overgrown Tomb
4x Dragonskull Summit
4x Woodland Cemetery
4x Cavern of Souls
1x Rootbound Crag
2x Swamp

27 Creatures:

4x Gravecrawler
4x Diregraf Ghoul
4x Lotleth Troll
4x Geralf's Messenger
4x Dreg Mangler
4x Falkenrath Aristocrat
3x Desecration Demon

10 Other Spells:

4x Rancor
3x Pillar of Flame
1x Brimstone Volley
1x Bonfire of the Damned
1x Ultimate Price

Sideboard:

3x Liliana of the Veil (An all-star against control)
3x Slaughter Games
2x Abrupt Decay
2x Mark of Mutiny
2x Pithing Needle
2x Rakdos Charm
1x Golgari Charm

I feel like this has a better late game; still not quite happy with the burn/removal suite though. Any thoughts?                                                           

creatures 21

4 Gravecrawler
4 Diregraf Ghoul
3 Shadow Alley Denizen
2 Highborn Ghoul
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Diregraf Captain

spells 18

4 Tragic Slip
3 Rapid Hybridization
4 Sign in Blood
4 Dimir Charm
3 Spell Rupture

lands 21

9 swamps
4 drowned catacomb
4 watery grave
4 dimir guildgate

sideboard 15

2 Ultimate Price
2 victim of night
4 Negate
1 spell rupture
4 Vampire Nighthawk
2 sever the bloodline

I know that most of the decks here are BR, jund or BG zombies, but with the release of GTC I think UB zombies will have a good chance at winning, heres a list I came up with. Rapid Hybridization feels like it was almost made to interact with gravecrawler or geralf's messenger, just play it on the end of the enemies turn and make a 3/3 green creature that can get past knight of glory for . dimir charm is just as good at dealing sweepers as boros charm if they cast one just counter it, it can also be used as targeted removal for annoying walls like rhox faithmender and if your doing bad just use it as a ponder for your deck or the enemies. spell rapture is the new mana leak for this type of deck, as an aggro deck your going to have at least one creature on the field 90% of the time; I think that Shadow Alley Denizen is going to make this deck, her ability to make your guys unblockable when you summon another guy is going to be rediculous in an aggro deck.
Just curious and I might be silly, but why aristrocrat rather than Olivia for the same mana cost?
I get the haste and the indestructable with sacrifice, but I figure with BR that by the time you have 4 mana, it is time to take out his bigger creatures and you might be in it for a long haul. Olivia will either destroy them or control them without the sacrifice. Again, I might be noobish saying this.
@Fleshbits:

Aristocrat has a better clock for Aggro, a more Control centered list would be better served with some Olivia.

@DeckTesting54:

I don't see much of a point in going Blue.  If anything it slows you down, and this deck thrives on speed. 

@all: 

Here's a list I've been brewing up.  Nothing in Gatecrash has really jumped out at me so far, but the list seems to at least test well VS the field.

Land (24):
4 Blood Crypt
4 Dragonskull Summit
1 Cavern of Souls
2 Mountain
9 Swamp

Creatures (28):
4 Gravecrawler
4 Diregraf Ghoul
3 Deathrite Shaman
3 Rakdos Shred-Freak
4 Geralf's Messenger
3 Falkenrath Aristocrat
4 Hellrider
1 Bloodline Keeper
2 Thundermaw Hellkite

Spells (8):
4 Searing Spear
2 Brimstone Volley
2 Dreadbore

Sideboard (15):
2 Pillar of Flame
3 Knight of Infamy
2 Dreadbore
4 Ultimate Price
2 Vampire Nighthawk
2 Sever the Bloodline

My Decks
Here's a report of how my wife did running at a win-a-case tounrament.  She finished 12th out of around 40 people.

Wife's Report

Round 1

Naya Black Humans

Game 1: They started out strong into a turn 2 Silverblade but she just overwhelmed them with guys that even a Falkenrath couldn't out race (thanks in part to her own Falkenrath).  Turn 5 they scooped.

Game 2: She mulls to 4 due to some mana hurting, eventually keeps double Cackler + 2 lands.  By turn 5 a Knight of Infamy and a Hellrider had joined the fray and won her the round.  She did learn what happens when you steal a Soulbound guy.  You break the bond and they don't get to rebond until they play a new guy.

1-0

Round 2

Esper Tokens

Game 1: They flooded, not much to say here. Ghost Council and Silverblade didn't get much done by themselves.

Game 2: Mulled to 4 due to no lands (she's running 24 in the deck so this SHOULDN'T be happening).  Kept 1 land, 2 Gravecrawlers and Pillar.  Drew no land all game, didn't matter what they did because the deck just didn't run.

Game 3: Deck got to work.  Hellrider and Thundermaw get there.

2-0

Round 3

Bant Control

Game 1: Great opener, but then only drew land.  No gas = no go.

Game 2: Great hand, drew no land, stuck on 3 lands and 4 cmc cards in hand.

2-1

Round 4

Esper Tokens

Game 1: They flooded, never saw a non-land permanent.

Game 2: Blind Obediance made Aristocrat, Hellrider and Hellkite sad.  5 minutes left in the round, she get's the win in the face of blinking Ghost Councils.  She ended the game at 4 life.

3-1

Round 5

Bant Control

Game 1: Lots of Azorius Charms which stole her tempo.  Thragtusk thrashing to follow.

Game 2: Burn and Flying got there, Act of Treason from the board stole a Tusk and took care of that pesky +5 life buffer.

Game 3: Blind Obediance once more cramped her hasty style.  Restoration Angel flashed in and reset a Silverblade and bonded with it.  Doublestriking 3/4 flyers are kinda good.

3-2

Round 6

Esper Tokens

Game 1: Little guys + Hellrider got there in the face of Ghost Council.

Game 2: She flooded, Ghost Council + tokens got there before she could gas up.

Game 3: More little guys + Hellrider gets the job done again.

4-2

Her Deck

MD:
Lands:
1 Cavern of Souls
4 Dragonskull Summit
4 Blood Crypt
4 Rakdos Guildgate
9 Swamp
2 Mountain

Creatures:
4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Gravecrawler
4 Diregraf Ghoul
3 Knight of Infamy
3 Geralf's Messenger
3 Falkenrath Aristocrat
4 Hellrider
1 Bloodline Keeper
2 Thundermaw Hellkite

Spells:
2 Pillar of Flame
4 Searing Spear
2 Brimstone Volley

SB:
1 Pillar of Flame
4 Dreadbore
3 Ultimate Price
2 Vampire Nighthawk
3 Act of Treason
2 Sever the Bloodline

My Decks
Played this deck Friday night; it's still wholly viable.
Split 3-0-1 last Friday, Aristocrat and Hellkite and still monsters.
kedi teach me standard?

i might start playing again 

Money Mouth 
Photobucket Team GFG - Glux's Fine Gents
Alright, since midrangey things seems to be overtaking the meta again, I wanted to try out something like this at the PTQ this weekend in philly:

Considering trying out a couple copies of skirsdag high priest instead of knight of infamy.  Made room for a bloodhall in the landbase for added reach. Side is to be determined.Thoughts?
Does anyone else feel like mono black zombies can make a comeback with the release of Blood Scrivner? I do. I think a list with a ton of one drops, immortal servitude and the Scrivner could be good. The only thing that is holding me back is the extreeme drop off in quality of sac outlets from Falkenrath Aristocrat to Bloodthrone Vampire......
"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. I always back up my arguements with facts and documented sources." - The Credible Hulk
is it me or does adding aristocrat, thundermaw, hellrider...etc, just make the deck a red/black deck with zombies in it, rather than an actual zombie deck?  

not hating on the idea, but most lists i see here seem to lower the consistency of an aggressive zombie build...

if we have playsets of aristocrat, thundermaw, hellrider...etc, couldn't we just make a better deck?  

better is all a matter of perspective, the RDW and RB aggro are not a resilient as a zombie deck, the zombie decks here are slower than other aggro decks but they can keep going after someone drops a supreme verdict; a zombie deck doesn't have to be 100% zombies to be considered a zombie deck, its a zombie deck because thats a common trait that most of the creatures in the deck have.