Moteborn Theme

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I may just be blind but in the Moteborn theme there is a power that is called "Summon Flame Zephyr". The base power granted is a daily power to summon a Flame Zephyr ( shocking! ). It makes mention that you use your own actions to mentally control the creature and can command it to take actions listed under its description. This is the part I have a problem with. I cannot seem to find any description of what actions it can take. Am I just not seeing it in the character builder or is it something in the book only?
They should be listed on the power card.

I still find it asinine they reprinted the summoning rules in their entirety in the power. Why bother having keywords?
They should be listed on the power card.

I still find it asinine they reprinted the summoning rules in their entirety in the power. Why bother having keywords?

They reprinted the summoning rules, but not the actual actions.  How that makes sense is beyond me.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
I don't know about the Character Builder, but the Flame Zephyr is listed in the Compendium under Companions & Familiars.  Maybe the CB has it listed as a companion for you?

Link

The old character builder had this problem with all of the items that summon creatures, like Bronze Griffin - the new CB and Compendium fixed that problem but putting the creature in the item description, but broke a lot of summons and powers that grant powers (like daily stances that grant an at will while in effect)
Hmm, I couldn't find it when I did a search for Flame or Zephyr from "all sources" , so I didn't realize it had a compendium listing that would show the stats like that. Thanks RisingZan.
In the character builder, you need to go to the character sheet. At the top, choose the Companions option from the drop-down. Voila - Flame Zephyr, suitable for printing.

Depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

Sign In to post comments