Deleted Characters

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
any one else's characters been deleted by the character builder?
i was just on it and mine were all there
I had lost a couple of mine a few months ago - with the response being "oops sorry" 

That was the day I cancelled my DDI 
Welcome to ZomboniLand - My D&D Blog http://zomboniland.blogspot.com/
I had lost a couple of mine a few months ago - with the response being "oops sorry" 

That's sad. One would think they should be able to recover that information from their cloud.

Still, saving on their cloud is one of the reasons why any completed character (all fields filled) is also saved on my hard drive. The characters on Wizards cloud are all works in progress.

That's sad. One would think they should be able to recover that information from their cloud.

Still, saving on their cloud is one of the reasons why any completed character (all fields filled) is also saved on my hard drive. The characters on Wizards cloud are all works in progress.

Normally I keep a PDF copy after every update - however after making quite a few changes it crashed before I had a chance to print.   Though I still had an older copy, and enough notes to go off of I could have redone it.

I was most upset with the response - which was marked as "Solved" with the following response:

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I am sorry to hear your character was deleted. I have passed along the details to our development team so they can see what can be done to fix this issue. Unfortunately I have no timeline on when a fix for this particular issue will be implemented. We here at Wizards of the Coast greatly value the work and feedback of our community and appreciate the time you took to report this bug.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know what was going on, and if you find any more bugs out there please let us know!

Obviously it wasn't solved as my character was never returned - so I was a bit on the "irrate" side of things after that.  

Sure, I could have re-created the character, I had a back up and the notes, but at that point I was annoyed enough that figured I could just do things the old fashioned way and save some money.

Though I'd return to DDI for content, depends on how much more "crunch" get's published. 

Welcome to ZomboniLand - My D&D Blog http://zomboniland.blogspot.com/

Though I'd return to DDI for content, depends on how much more "crunch" get's published. 

Might be worth a month near the end of the year. There should be around $10 worth of crunch for 2012 by then.