What Just Happened?!?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
So... I was just in a game of 2HG and game was going pretty well myself and my teammate were at 21 life the other team was at 20. We both had 30+ cards left in our deck then all of the sudden during our phase one of the other players simply stated in chat "game over". I thought... Thats strange there is no way its game over there are no game ending cards on the board and everyone is till at 20 life with half decks... There turn hits and it states one of the other teammates leaves the game and the end game screen comes up and it says my team was defeated.... Normally I wouldnt care but I was ranked 144th and now I dropped down to 250th... Im pretty sure it was a hack or something of the sort. Anyone else seen anything like this?
More details pls. At the very least we need to know the decks and if they didn't win by casting a spell, it has to be something on the board. 
The decks they were using was crosswinds, and pack instinct. As I stated there were no game ending cards on the table no where near close. Myself and my teammate had almost everything locked down on the board. He had a mirror up but the only thing in it was bribery and thats it. Also it was a defeat by them surrendering which I have never seen before. So it has to be some kind of new hack because when they surrender they get the loss not the other way around.
dream puppets doesn't have a mirror that card belongs to crosswinds..are you sure what deck you were going up against? cause that matters

dream puppets doesn't have a mirror that card belongs to crosswinds..are you sure what deck you were going up against? cause that matters

Your right sorry was a mix up of the blue decks but it was crosswinds, Ive changed it to correctly state the right deck
So... I was just in a game of 2HG and game was going pretty well myself and my teammate were at 21 life the other team was at 20. We both had 30+ cards left in our deck then all of the sudden during our phase one of the other players simply stated in chat "game over". I thought... Thats strange there is no way its game over there are no game ending cards on the board and everyone is till at 20 life with half decks... There turn hits and it states one of the other teammates leaves the game and the end game screen comes up and it says my team was defeated.... Normally I wouldnt care but I was ranked 144th and now I dropped down to 250th... Im pretty sure it was a hack or something of the sort. Anyone else seen anything like this?

I don't think I've ever heard an instance where the game spontaneously declares a winner without some reason. It sounds like your opponents knew they were about to win somehow. Are there any other details you can give? Maybe we can put our Gil Grissom hats on and try to figure out how the game was lost (possibly even during some kind of montage).

What decks were you and your teammate using and can you remember what you and your teammate had on the board? Same question for your opponents, aside from the Panoptic Mirror and Bribery.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Oct 16, 2012 -- 8:03AM, Rhonjura wrote:

I don't think I've ever heard an instance where the game spontaneously declares a winner without some reason. It sounds like your opponents knew they were about to win somehow. Are there any other details you can give? Maybe we can put our Gil Grissom hats on and try to figure out how the game was lost (possibly even during some kind of montage).

What decks were you and your teammate using and can you remember what you and your teammate had on the board? Same question for your opponents, aside from the Panoptic Mirror and Bribery .

I am not sure if I am typing what happened wrong or... whats going on lol for the 3rd time the game ended in defeat for myself and my teammate when the other team conceded the match. It happened exactly like this... Myself and my teammate were finishing our round, we had around 21 life, they had no cards on board that could win the match I know that for certain. I was using the Peacekeepers deck and my teammate was using one of the new decks I cant remember which since I havnt used them yet. During the very end of our turn the other team came on chat and said "Game Over". From what I can remember the largest card on board was a 8/8 hydra which was locked down with pacify the other cards on the table were in the 3/3 and 4/4 range. There was a Mirror with a Bribery in it but thats it. When our turn ended the only thing that happened was he activated his mirror then we got the message "player has left the game" and it went straight to the player defeat screen for myself and my teammate when the other team conceded the match. Before anyone ask's no I am not new the game no it wasnt my teammate who left the match.. I have over 100+ hours in 2013 alone and have been playing for a decade. There is no way possible they could have won with what was on the board and there was no damage reduction for our health and myself and my teammate were both at 30+ cards in a library when the other team conceded and we had if I recall correctly 1-2 more life then them.
Intersting....
The way I see it once one of the opponents quit, the game was over and you got a defeat out it. The only explanation possible is that the host had ai takeover off. So when one person leaves, the lobby is closed. As to who wins and who looses, no idea what results from that.
What were you and your teammate playing?

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

This happens all the time when the host attempts to migrate on the Steam version (I'm assuming you use Steam, since there was a text chat lol).  I met a couple br players who do it maliciously (it's more annoying 'cause you have to restart the client if you want to play again, which is their masterstroke woohoo).  I accidentally did it in the old steam tournament when I was alt-tabbing and adjusting a stream quality, cutting off packets, until I figured it out that I caused it with my surfing habits.

It usually shows all players that they lost the match, the connection has been lost, and is probably semi-unintentional since they thought you won the game (so the guy ended the process in task manager or something).  If whatever packets don't go through that pick the winner it just closes instead of sending the win/loss shatter pictures correctly, so your client profile updates the loss.  Just ignore your record, it's pointless except for those that try and manipulate it (unless of course you want to manipulate it, then by all means keep track of your points; otherwise AI takeover games are more robust for migration).

Nice post sixty, it would be cool to try and recreate the conditions to find out how the opponent knew Rhon won, so he could play the game out instead of thinking he lost or hacks which is the confusion.