Favourite kind of win?

54 posts / 0 new
Last post
What's the win situation that gets you fist-pumping? What's the best play, the lucky drop, or even the easy cakewalk that you're praying to get?

For me, there's nothing so satisfying as beating a well-built Goblin deck. A bit petty, I know. But Goblins works so efficiently and so unbelievably fast that, when I can hold off the initial assault and slowly wear them down, I feel like I won a world championship.
Agreed.  Everybody wins when goblins die.
Agreed.  Everybody wins when goblins die.

I used to say that about Elves.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Winning with Goblins is the best.

Devil's advocate? Or do you just enjoy driving all the tactical players to a life of alcoholism? ;)

And I agree with the other sentiments, anytime I beat Goblins I get an immense surge of satisfaction. Especially with Crosswinds. 
Especially with Crosswinds. 

I don't know what that feels like, because I still have yet to have it happen (currently 0-12 as CW vs GG). Even the 100 card Gobos have knocked out my CW on several occations. I have managed to beat Gobos with Dream Puppets a few times, so not toally beat with Blue.  

My favorite win is beating someone that thinks they have you beat and making a ridiculous comeback.  

On the flip side, the worst kind of defeat is when you have someone beat and their only chance is to topdeck a specific singleton and they get it.    

Basically the best and worst are the same game just from the other side of the table.

I don't know what that feels like, because I still have yet to have it happen (currently 0-12 as CW vs GG). Even the 100 card Gobos have knocked out my CW on several occations. I have managed to beat Gobos with Dream Puppets a few times, so not toally beat with Blue.  

My favorite win is beating someone that thinks they have you beat and making a ridiculous comeback.  

On the flip side, the worst kind of defeat is when you have someone beat and their only chance is to topdeck a specific singleton and they get it.    

Basically the best and worst are the same game just from the other side of the table.

Are you running the invocations? 3x fogbank and 1-3 hatchlings? I find that they help immensey, if you can make it to turn 5 a gravitational shift shuts them down as well.

The only way to beatGG with CW is if the piledrivers are on the bottom 75% of the deck.

Now I haven't done it much and I don't keep stats, but I'm probably something like 3-76! But I did do it the other day when he had a turn 1 guide, turn 2 instigator that he finally connected with on turn 4. I drew a Time Warp turn 5 and had the mirror in hand already, so I tapped out for that. I only had a hatchling on board when he swung in with everything and I dropped to exactly 1 life! I imprinted the mirror at upkeep and sailed from there. Curiously enough, he watched me for the next 5-6 turns while I smashed him with drakes. Then, just before the death blow, he quit. Bizarre.

Are you running the invocations? 3x fogbank and 1-3 hatchlings? I find that they help immensey, if you can make it to turn 5 a gravitational shift shuts them down as well.

The only way to beatGG with CW is if the piledrivers are on the bottom 75% of the deck.

If I'm playing mono-blue and a piledriver hits, it's an instant concession from me. Then I send a message saying protection doesn't belong in a meta with 9/10 mono-colored decks (9/15 now, I know).
I like winning 2HG games like this...
Call in a hostolity and the next turn call in beacon followed by a mountain blast saccing my mana for 9x 3/1 fliers with haste swinging in for the win!

I like the come from behind win where it looks like all hope is lost, you are down to one life and you manage to make plays to prolong the game and finally buid up and get a win.

Wisthstanding a weenie rish and stabalizing the board, even if going to critical life levels is fun as well.

I also like delivering burst damage with Mindstorms but that is not the best build for that deck..
I like winning 2HG games like this...
Call in a hostolity and the next turn call in beacon followed by a mountain blast saccing my mana for 9x 3/1 fliers with haste swinging in for the win!

I like the come from behind win where it looks like all hope is lost, you are down to one life and you manage to make plays to prolong the game and finally buid up and get a win.

Wisthstanding a weenie rish and stabalizing the board, even if going to critical life levels is fun as well.

I also like delivering burst damage with Mindstorms but that is not the best build for that deck..

Pretty sure they don't have flying though.  It's a decent way to win.

My favorite is just comebacks overall.  Shin and I had a 2hg match against Jace and whatever where the Jace player brought my library down to 1 card and we were able to pull out a victory.  Even if we had lost that match though, I would have been happy because of how epic it was.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Any kind of come from behind win. My favorite was one was a 2HG game with me as Ajani, my partner was Rakdos againts Yeva and Rakdos. They had us on the ropes the entire game, my partner left me when we had hit 3 life to our opponent's 25 and top decking make it even worse. About 40 minutes later (yes, I managed to keep us alive that long lol!) my opponent finally drew a gigantomancer and used his power on about 7 creatures for the killing blow. They only had 4 life left with about 8 creatures, I had 15 life with 3 creatures including a Baneslayer Angel and a Soul Warden. It looked like it was GG but I had a 19 planes untapped and just one card on my had. That card was a White Sun's Zenith. :D
Also, given the new meta, I thoroughly enjoy beating either SS or GM. Seriously, does anybody play anything else these days?!?

And any win with MS is always exciting. 
Also, given the new meta, I thoroughly enjoy beating either SS or GM. Seriously, does anybody play anything else these days?!?

On iPad, I've actually play against AS more than SS and GM combined.
Love taking opponents stuff and beating them up with it, ala Crosswinds.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

I hardly ever see AS on the Xbox at all. Strange.

On Steam, if anyone sees me playing those decks, it's because I randomly picked them.  I started spinning the deck wheel as fast as it'll go and then playing whatever one it lands on.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Love taking opponents stuff and beating them up with it, ala Crosswinds.

I was using Crosswinds the other day against Celestial Light and I won by getting above 40 life and casting Bribery to get his Felidar Sovereign. I got above 40 because I also had his two Baneslayer Angels..... very fun indeed.

On Steam, if anyone sees me playing those decks, it's because I randomly picked them.  I started spinning the deck wheel as fast as it'll go and then playing whatever one it lands on.

I don't mind people playing them, I play them myself. I just want some variety to keep things interesting.
In 2hg, Blatent Thievery under the Mirror makes opponents sad

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Have you ever Blatant Thieveried a Mirror with Blantant Thievery imprinted on it? I have! And I had my own mirror out at the time with RoR on it. It was awesome.
Lots of creatures, overwhelm my opponent.
This is why I like elves outside of dotp: draw ~20-30 cards in one turn and cast everything, then swing for a billion.

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

Have you ever Blatant Thieveried a Mirror with Blantant Thievery imprinted on it? I have! And I had my own mirror out at the time with RoR on it. It was awesome.

That sounds hot.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!

That sounds hot.

Oh it was, but my opponent wasn't. He didn't imprint the mirror on his upkeep, so that was mistake #2. Mistake #1 was not casting the Thievery to just take my already-imprinted mirror. I made him pay for that one in Spades.

Devil's advocate? Or do you just enjoy driving all the tactical players to a life of alcoholism? ;)

And I agree with the other sentiments, anytime I beat Goblins I get an immense surge of satisfaction. Especially with Crosswinds. 

What's not to love about crushing players who keep durdle, do-nothing hands? I do the community a service here. I teach those new players the importance of early interaction and provide opportunities to the rest to earn their moments of satisfaction if and when they're able to beat the list.
Even people who play goblins still have to appreciate the value of goblins dying though ... goblin grenade, ember hauler, arms dealer... like I said, everyone wins when goblins die.
The Goblin deck has more to teach players about Magic than any of the other decks.

1. If you can't survive a weenie rush your deck doesn't cut it. 
2. Card advantage only matters if you survive long enough to use up your cards.

But to answer the original questions, the most satisfying wins are the ones where you play to a standstill and then topdeck your way to victory!  It's also the most crushing kind of defeat.

The Goblin deck has more to teach players about Magic than any of the other decks.

1. If you can't survive a weenie rush your deck doesn't cut it. 
2. Card advantage only matters if you survive long enough to use up your cards.

But to answer the original questions, the most satisfying wins are the ones where you play to a standstill and then topdeck your way to victory!  It's also the most crushing kind of defeat.

1. That is just silly, not all decks have the tools to deal with weenie rushes no matter how much you customize it.
^
I meant constructed magic in general, not DotP.

But yeah, some decks will just lose to Goblins more often than not.  Jace could really use an Evacuate or more Sleeps, as has been mentioned a billion times... 
My fave wins are always against people who say 'GG' on their turn, thinking they've got the game sewn up

Had a match earlier today. I was playing SS against ED. It was a really good game, backwards and forwards, until the point where we both had no cards in hand, and the only things on the board were a Knight of Glory with a Sword of Vengeance attached on his side, and I had a single Spiritmonger. One hit would kill either player

So on his turn, he says 'GG' and swings, I pause the timer and say 'U sure?' He says 'u can't block cos pro-black'

I change Spiritmonger to red and block, killing his Knight. I swing for the win on my turn

That's why I always say 'Don't say GG until the game is over'

My fave wins are always against people who say 'GG' on their turn, thinking they've got the game sewn up

Had a match earlier today. I was playing SS against ED. It was a really good game, backwards and forwards, until the point where we both had no cards in hand, and the only things on the board were a Knight of Glory with a Sword of Vengeance attached on his side, and I had a single Spiritmonger. One hit would kill either player

So on his turn, he says 'GG' and swings, I pause the timer and say 'U sure?' He says 'u can't block cos pro-black'

I change Spiritmonger to red and block, killing his Knight. I swing for the win on my turn

That's why I always say 'Don't say GG until the game is over'

I like this a lot!!
Any Izzet win! My favorite is Breaking Pointing an enemy with 10 or less life and several scary creatures out then finish him off with a Prophetic Bolt or Beacon of Destruction...
When a mistake turns into a benefit.

I mentioned this on another thread but I'll reiterate it here.

I was playing black and something else (possibly Pack Instinct) against Crosswinds and Black. I have Mires Toll, black has 5 cards, crosswinds has 4, I have 4 mana but am reluctant to cast Mires Toll on Crosswinds since Black has way more brutal cards, yet the Imprint card is in the back of my mind. Next turn, they cast Imprint. I shake my head and then definitely cast Mires Toll on Crosswinds figuring I'll take the best sorcery in their hand. Turns out to be Rite of Replication. I summon Grave Titan with Black and they apparently picked up the other Rite because they Imprinted it the next turn and proceeded to Replicate my Grave Titan. I survive the attack but the next round they replicated it 5 times.

At this point they have about 24 life. I'm down below 10. Next turn, I cast the Massacre Wurm, so their now 14 2/2 zombies (the original 12 plus the two they created when they attacked) do 28 damage to them and they die. Had I gotten rid of the Imprint when I questioned Mires Toll then I never would have been able to make that play
My favorite win is when my opponent kicks a RoR on my Grave Titan, only to be followed by a Massacre Wurm next turn.  Talk about a fist pump.  It's even better when they call "GG" as soon as I cast the Titan or when they cast the RoR, like they're Silvia Brown and can predict the future.

edit:  damn, I didn't even read the thread, just the OP and then I see the person above me posted the same thing only 6 hours before I did.   /sigh

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

It has to be when the opponent does something like drop a turn 4 oblitarator or some other crazy undercosted game winning card and you cast your kill spell it dies then they quit.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best
In real Magic, zany combos. Given that this game only allows preconstructed decks and I haven't experimented much, at the moment it's probably dropping El Fuego Titan in a schadenfreude sort of way (Doubly so if I can slap a Frightening Greaves on him).

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I'm happy about any win, no matter how it was won, no matter what the cost or how close it was.  The great Vin Diesel once said, "Winning is winning."  Tongue Out
The long fought out wins spring to mind. My teammate and myself had one the other day. The back and forth was incredible, with an obliterator, and puca's mischief and all sorts of other things being swapped back and forth between us as we each looked to gain the advantage. In the end it came down to my little 1/1 token who had been overlooked in the swapping, able to swing through against all the tapped forces as we ourselves were on one life also. Best game ever, wish I could recall more about it, but it was frantic. 

Another great win is that against those who for whatever reason seem to think they have won. The guy who brought his creature out, and then back in aain several times, sure he was swinging in for the win, only to have it meet an unsummon when he finally commited it and watch his last card get milled...after we did the same with our own creatures for five minutes. 

In short...I like the ones won by the skin of your teeth. The hard fought games that bring the most satisfaction.  
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Ye, it is very funny when ppl tap out for the shades and you have an unsummon, into the roil, repulse, disperse in your hand. Won so many unwinnable games with Crosswinds vs OD
My favourites are always the knife edge games where you win by baiting out a counterpell in 2HG.

Say we're both on 5 life and everyone has a ton of creatures, all deadlocked. We play a Chancellor of the Spires, which gets countered as the huge threat it is. Only... it wasn't an immediate threat, and you just fell for the bait.

Say hello to my game ending Massacre Wurm!

My buddy always plays OD, and we do this all the time. I usually play PK with him and Sun Titan or Captain of the Watch will always draw the counter. Love it.

I hardly ever see AS on the Xbox at all. Strange.

That's strange, i've had a few epic battles against AS using crosswinds

I would say it's about 60-40 with me for goblins vs crosswinds (me being crosswinds)