Pre-Gen Resources

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here is a zip file for Keira the elf thief. It contains PDF files for levels 1-8 and the .dnd4e file if you want to edit it in the character builder. Inherent bonuses are active and all options are legal for this season. I chose feats that primarily give static bonuses and powers that are relatively straight forward.

dl.dropbox.com/u/19330408/D%26D%20Charac...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Perithoth in the Season 10 forum:

Hello All,

Here is a link to 2nd and 3rd level pre-gens of the standard pre-gens:
20ftradius.blogspot.com/p/pre-generated-...

You will need to turn on the inherent bonuses.

Bryan Blumklotz

@feetz_grande on Twitter

In an effort to make this easier, lets organize some links

Brandis - Human Cavalier (by AsmodeusLore)
Jarren - Human Mage (by jjafuller)
Keira - Elf Thief (by Feetz)
Fargrim - Dwarf Slayer (by Ameron and AltonAmaryllis)
Belgos - Drow Hunter (by AlphaStream1)
Valenae - Eladrin Warpriest (by AsmodeusLore)

--------------------------------

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxec94DrBL7BYkEtZXE5ZHZuNms

Here is the zip file with Valenae, the Cleric, at level 1, 3, 5, and 7. Inherent bonuses are on, and I also focused on simplicity, rather than power gaming. As far as I know, everything is legal.

Looking at Kiera, I feel like I should've taken the Master at Arms, instead of Bludgeoning Expertise. I also am questioning if I should have taken something other than Fey Duelist. It was the only semi-complicated feat I selected.

-----------------------

Here are all of the original level 1 characters.
dungeonsmaster.com/2011/01/dd-encounters...
AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

I've created pregen files for Belgos, the drow Hunter.

I made a few key edits to his level 1 version so as to have a more cohesive vision throughout the 8 levels.
Details:

At level 1 I swapped out his Aspect of the Pack Wolf so that he had a greater focus on getting combat advantage. I added a background and theme, both from sources legal for this season.

Over each level I selected simpler options so that the PC is fairly accessible to a casual or new player. I also tried to stick to the combat advantage strategy.

Finally, I modified the picture and name so that the pregen can be either male or female based on player choice.

l decided to make all the levels available. It wasn't that much work. I also included CB files in case anyone wants to revise him. And, I made the character sheet available in pdf form in both the Builder and Essential styles.

Details on play strategy:

The intention is for the PC to use Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx during their normal exploration. This grants a +4 bonus to initiative beyond what you see on the front of the character sheet. It also grants a nice bonus to 1st round attacks (perfect for off-setting the penalty for Rapid Shot if foes are clumped up).

At the end of the first round you normally would spend a minor action to switch to the Aspect of the Lurking Spider so that you now gain benefits to stealth and gain +2 damage against anyone granting CA. You can also take this action during your first round and before your attack, but the +2 to attack from Pouncing Lynx is really nice.

During your 2nd round you can use your drow Darkfire to gain combat advantage. Use it before your attack, because it will also cover your third round for two attacks with combat advantage.

Once you reach 2nd level you have a theme power, Forced Advantage, which also grants CA for two rounds. This should cover most combats. If it doesn't you have your normal Hunter Disruptive Shot, which can daze.

At level 2 you begin using the greatbow for more damage, and you get Improved Initiative at 4th for fairly obscene initiative rolls. The feat can be swapped for something more complex if you have tactical players.

Level 6 is a bit more tactical, as World Serpent's Grasp lets you knock down opponents that you slowed or immobilized in previous rounds (or with an Action Point). You can also work with team members who can inflict these conditions. At level 8 you get a benefit for attacking prone opponents through the Grounding Shot feat.

Powers should be fairly explanatory. If there are any questions, I can answer them here.

You can download the files here.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

This may seem like a silly question, but why exactly are we doing levels 3, 5, and 7? Wouldn't it make more sense to do 2, 4, 6, and 8? Granted, its a little more work, but those levels all change your half level modifiers, so they would require the most work to "on the fly" level. It is pretty simple to level a character from 4 to 5, compared to 3 to 4.
I'll take Fargrim. The Slayer is such a basic and simple class I should have no problem providing copies of him for all 8 levels.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

This may seem like a silly question, but why exactly are we doing levels 3, 5, and 7? Wouldn't it make more sense to do 2, 4, 6, and 8? Granted, its a little more work, but those levels all change your half level modifiers, so they would require the most work to "on the fly" level. It is pretty simple to level a character from 4 to 5, compared to 3 to 4.

The main reason is that we are trying to minimize our workload. Since we already have level 1 available(and apparently level 3?) it doesn't make sense to create 4 levels when we could just create 3 (or 2).

Also, the Odd-Numbers are more likely to get use. A level 8 char will only get used once, but a Level 7 character can potentially be used twice.

I'll take Fargrim. The Slayer is such a basic and simple class I should have no problem providing copies of him for all 8 levels.

Cave, I think mortaine has claimed Fargrim. Can you take Jarren or Brandis?

If Fargrim is spoken for I'll trade up. I'll take Jarren.

Just a heads up, there are no short rests in this season. Make sure that feats and class abilities are not short rest dependent.

Thanks,

Bryan Blumklotz
Hey, if you want to take Fargrim, no worries. I'll take whomever-- I'm not invested.
Hey, if you want to take Fargrim, no worries. I'll take whomever-- I'm not invested.

@mortaine
I'd much rather work on Fargrim. Normally I wouldn't care, but I'm leaving for a 1 week vacation tomorrow and I know I can get the Slayer leveled up before I leave. The Mage will take a bit more work since I'm not as familiar with the class. I appreciate the switch. Thank you. 

Mortaine, I'm going to pick up Brandis. Can you take Jarren?

Here is my crack at Brandis: docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxec94DrBL7BODN...

Ameron sent me a message because he wasn't sure how to share on Dropbox. I copied the link to Fargrim here.

They are all online CB files, so we might want to pdf them as well. All 8 are there. I can do it if no one else can, but I have a few projects on my plate if someone else is able to do that.

Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

I can take care of PDFing all of Fargrim levels.  That is not a problem.  What size do we need them at?  Where do I put them after?  
twentyfootradius@gmail.com Alton - @TwentyFoot 20ft Radius - 20ftradius.blogspot.ca
I can take care of PDFing all of Fargrim levels.  That is not a problem.  What size do we need them at?  Where do I put them after?  

Dropbox is a great way to share. Free, and it can function for you just like file explorer in Windows (also on Mac). If you use this link to join I get free space (always appreciated, as I use it for a number of D&D projects).

For making pdfs I use doPDF, a simple program that installs as a print driver. You print to it and whatever you printed becomes a pdf. So, in the online CB you would import one of the Fargrims, view the character sheet, click to print, then select doPDF.

Thanks!

I already use Dropbox for my gaming needs with my home group.  Sorry.  

I have completed the leveling up of Fargrim.  I used the standard CB format.  So we need Essential also(I noticed you had done both in your dropbox)?

If not, just tell me where to place them or just to send them to you and we are done!! Can I actually place them directly to your Dropbox?

The reason I ask this is whether or now all this information will be shared in one common area or are we just posting links all around. 
twentyfootradius@gmail.com Alton - @TwentyFoot 20ft Radius - 20ftradius.blogspot.ca
Here is a link to the zip and PDF of levels 1-8 for Fargrim.

All levels here 
Glad you guys built ahead without me-- I was away from the computer for a couple of days while my dad was in town!

Are all the pregens done, or should I still make someone?
We still need Jarren, Human Mage.

Great. I'm on it. I love the mage!
I still need to work on Jarrren, but would anyone mind checking out the PCCreate document on my Box.net folder and let me know what I've forgotten?
I still need to work on Jarrren, but would anyone mind checking out the PCCreate document on my Box.net folder and let me know what I've forgotten?

I don't mean to step on your toes, but I building kits for the FLG today so I needed to build Jarren. Feel free to build another version of him as there are many ways his build can go.

Jarren levels 1-8

www.dropbox.com/sh/79d55jbasygxkw2/HUHSU...

The default pregen is a little weird, but as best I can determine Jarren is a blaster know it all. So, to a certain extent I tried to portray that through out the build. I used the War of Everlasting Darkness constraint in Character Builder to prevent myself from over optimizing. And, given the nature of this season I even threw in a couple of "RP" powers that generally do not see much action in standard combat heavy games.
Nicely done, everyone! Please help get the word out so DMs can find this resource!

Here is a zip file for Keira the elf thief. It contains PDF files for levels 1, 3, 5, 7 and the .dnd4e file if you want to edit it in the character builder. Inherent bonuses are active and all options are legal for this season. I chose feats that primarily give static bonuses and powers that are relatively straight forward.

As I was printing out the pre-gens I noticed that the Keira set is missing level one. The level 1 file has level 3, and the level 3 and 5 files contain level 5. I'll post a level 1 pdf next time I am at my Windows machine if no one has beaten me to it.
Here is a zip file for Keira the elf thief. It contains PDF files for levels 1, 3, 5, 7 and the .dnd4e file if you want to edit it in the character builder. Inherent bonuses are active and all options are legal for this season. I chose feats that primarily give static bonuses and powers that are relatively straight forward.

As I was printing out the pre-gens I noticed that the Keira set is missing level one. The level 1 file has level 3, and the level 3 and 5 files contain level 5. I'll post a level 1 pdf next time I am at my Windows machine if no one has beaten me to it.

Oops...I went back and fixed everything and added the remaining levels. So now the zip fiile contains levels 1-8 and the level 8 .dnd4e file.

Does anyone know how to make a folder public in Dropbox? It's not giving me the option to copy the public link like you can with files.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Does anyone know how to make a folder public in Dropbox? It's not giving me the option to copy the public link like you can with files.

I think if you have enabled the file explorer view you can right-click and say you want to copy the link. You then will be brought into the web browser with the correct location for the link.

Thanks, jjafuller! No toe-stepping involved! I've been super-busy with Halloween, and Jarren ended up pretty low on the priorities list.

Great job-- thanks, everyone! 
Sign In to post comments