[ICD] Body Swap

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Body Swap
Instant
Switch the power and toughness of target creature you control with the power and toughness of another target creature until end of turn.

What do you think?
Seems complicated with +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters. Is it permanent or until end of turn?
Ugh... Until end of turn. I forgot to tack it on.
Show

CHAAAAAAAAANGE!!!!

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/74/Spr_5b_645.png)

The card looks fun, but it would have a lot of rules issues. It could be done, but I'm pretty sure the reminder text would be longer than the Aeneid. So no.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
The card looks fun, but it would have a lot of rules issues. It could be done, but I'm pretty sure the reminder text would be longer than the Aeneid. So no.

I guess I'm not sure what's difficult about it...

I attack a 4/4 into your 1/1, you play the card, then you have a 4/4 and I have a 1/1. Seems pretty simple, no? 
If you want to use the term "switch", then I think it would only take a minor addition to the rule about switching power and toughness to work. Then it would be a p/t altering effect that's applied after all other p/t altering effects (like switching a single creature's power and toughness). If done this way, it would have a strange aftereffect. Borrowing the 4/4 vs 1/1 scenario...in order for the now-altered 1/1 attacker to benefit from a Giant Growth, the other (blocking?) creature would need to be the target of the Giant Growth instead. Wicked Weird...

I guess I'm not sure what's difficult about it...

I attack a 4/4 into your 1/1, you play the card, then you have a 4/4 and I have a 1/1. Seems pretty simple, no? 

That part makes sense, but Giant Growth, +1/+1 counters, Dark Favor, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, and on the flip side, Dismember, -1/-1 counters, Dead Weight, and Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite!
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Just look into rules questions concerning Riptide Mangler, it will be about twice as complicated as that...
Sign In to post comments