fav deck?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
what's your guys' favorite deck to play? no need to give a decklist, just the basics of it

personally i love my burn deck, full of those nice red damage instants and sorceries, and mainly some nice agrro creatures along with some higher cost ones which provide a little more power to either block tougher creatures or pack a bigger punch when attacking

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
doubling season.dec

I've had G/W doubling season deck since the first ravnica was released. I don't know that it's ever been my favorite deck and any one time but it's probably the deck I've tweaked and tinkered with the longest without disassembling it.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Damage deck makes it sound as if the deck wins by dealing damage, which is probably over 95% of decks. I think you should reconsider the name. Instants and sorceries that deal damage are generally called "burn", if there are more than 12 creatures in the deck with burn then it is probably just some kind of aggro deck, otherwise "burn deck" would probably be appropriate.
Level 2 Magic Judge Lite a man a fire, warm him for a day. Light a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
At friendly kitchen table games I play Knights of the Unholy Reliquary.

Juniper Order Ranger and his budies Steward of Valeron and Knight of the Reliquary backed up with recursion, removal and zombies to proc the Order Ranger.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Its a really tough choice for me, as I dont keep using decks I dont enjoy playing.

Maybe my G/r Elves deck (which uses Fauna Shaman, Vengevine and Bloodbraid Elf).

Maybe my U/B Heartless Summoning deck (which uses Grand Architect, Havengul Lich, Myr Superion, Perilous Myr and Wurmcoil Engine etc).

Maybe my Goblin deck (which uses Goblin Guide, Tuktuk the Explorer, Searing Blaze, Lightning Bolt etc).

~ Tim 
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
Mill decks.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Currently I'm loving playing TurboSlime in Standard.
It's Acidic Slime, a bit of Ramp, Arbor Elf, Avacyn's Pilgrim and Farseek. Then all the Blink effects, Ghostly Flicker, Conjurer's Closet and Copy card Cackling Counterpart I can use. With a little Populate in too!!

It was super cheap to make and is really fun to play, though it usually doesn't go off.

I've always loved land destruction and lockdown, ever since Army Ants, which is my second fav' deck!!
Perhaps my peasant Ninja deck. Maybe my Die Unheil Wieß deck. Torment is a big contender, even more than my Rogue (faeries) deck. Hurricane is interesting, but not as much as Confusion (in the Ranks). I guess to be most honest, I love my Tim/Tom/Tiom decks. One is mono-blue, the next mono-red, and the last is U/R, all peasant legal, and capable of being used in THG format.a
D&D 4E Herald and M:tG Rules Advisor I expect posters to follow the Code of Conduct, use Basic Etiquette, and avoid Poor Logic. If you don't follow these guidelines, I consider you to be disrespectful to everyone on these forums. If you respond to me without following these guidelines, I consider it a personal attack. I grew up in a bilingual household, which means I am familiar with the difficulties in adopting a different vocabulary and grammar. That doesn't bother me. Persistent use of bad capitalization, affirming the consequent, and flaming bother me a great deal.
Rule that I would change: 204.1b
204.1b Some effects change an object’s card type, supertype, or subtype but specify that the object retains a prior card type, supertype, or subtype. In such cases, all the object’s prior card types, supertypes, and subtypes are retained. This rule applies to effects that use the phrase “in addition to its types” or that state that something is “still a [card type].” Some effects state that an object becomes an “artifact creature”; these effects also allow the object to retain all of its prior card types and subtypes.
"Eight Edition Rules Update" We eventually decided not to change this template, because players are used to “becomes an artifact creature,” and like it much better.
Players were used to Combat on the Stack, but you got rid of that because it was unintuitive. The only phrase needed is "in addition to its types"; the others are misleading and unintuitive.
At friendly kitchen table games I play Knights of the Unholy Reliquary.

Juniper Order Ranger and his budies Steward of Valeron and Knight of the Reliquary backed up with recursion, removal and zombies to proc the Order Ranger.

juniper order ranger is tons of fun in my doubling season deck too. If there is one doubling season in play and I put fists of ironwood on juniper order ranger he becomes a 10/12 trampler (plus there are 4 3/3 saproling friends)
Don't be too smart to have fun
MBC Braids in Odyssey/Onslaught Standard

T1 Duress/Festering Goblin, T2 Mesmeric Fiend/Chainer's Edict, T3 Rancid Earth, T4 Braids/Mindslicer/Faceless Butcher/Shambling Swarm
Metamorphosis/Energy Tap/Cathodion Eldrazi.  I often generated twelve mana on turn three.  It only ever saw casual play, but gods it was fun!

Or maybe my Living Death/Dingus Staff from Mirage and Tempest blocks.  Good times all around!
Soul Sisters is my favorite deck! It has some of my favorite white cards in it and catch's people off guard sometimes.