DLCR: Avenging Arrow

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other RtR card to rate is...

Avenging Arrow

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what pack.
4.5: First pick pack 1.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color.
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me to this color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This card is pretty solid.  I like that the creature only has to deal damage so you can kill something that hits a creature.  Good mid pick.

Discuss! 

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

I don't like it. I don't really like Soul Tithe either. I prefer the removal in black and red much more. This card is alright in Azorius though, with counterspells and Hussar Patrols.
I dislike this type of card, but I understand the necessity of playing this in a set without a lot of high toughness removal. Perhaps 2.0 - 2.5 is fair.
it kills anything for 3 mana, which is worthy of at least 2.5 i think. it's a conditional removal spell but usually you'll be killing stuff that beats down anyway.
Lower end removal... is still removal

but I don't have to like it.
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
2.0. I'll play it, but I won't like it.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
2.5, perhaps even 3.0. It gets the job done, even if it's at a cost.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Sign In to post comments