[3.5] x4 cost and weight for Large items?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm playing a Large blue slaad and I read in the PHB that certain items are one-quarter weight for Small characters. Should I assume those items are four times as big for my character, and cost four times as much? So a backpack is normally 2 gp and weighs 2 lb, but my backpack would cost 8 gp and weigh 8 lb?
For weapons large size doubles the cost and the weight.  When it comes to armor you're a "non-humaniod" so it would cost x4 normal (only x2 if humaniod) and weigh in at x2.  Both of these things can be found in the PHB and SRD.

I'm going to say that for many things you should assume double the cost and weight.  Admittedly, the math says that if you doubled somethings size in two dimensions you increase its area by four but I'm not really sure I'd say that large is actually twice the size of medium.  Also remember that size and weight are mostly ballpark figures and many not be all that accurate.

Admittedly, the math says that if you doubled somethings size in two dimensions you increase its area by four but I'm not really sure I'd say that large is actually twice the size of medium. 

Doubling the linear dimensions increases the surface area four times and the volume (and mass) eight times.

A more reasonable 150% size increase from S to M would increase mass 3.375 times, which is likely where the "one-quarter" is coming from.

I guess if armor is x2 then everything else should be as well. Thanks!
I'm playing a Large blue slaad and I read in the PHB that certain items are one-quarter weight for Small characters. Should I assume those items are four times as big for my character, and cost four times as much? So a backpack is normally 2 gp and weighs 2 lb, but my backpack would cost 8 gp and weigh 8 lb?

for small character the weight is 1/2 and for large 2, the price of armor is X2 if you are large(only base price, not magical) and if you have a non-human body is X4 but still the weight is X2
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.