1 Drop Planeswalker Idea's

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

What do you think of Xavors? Is this card viable and how much would it be worth if it was printed?
If you make a hybrid-mana planeswalker, each ability must fit into ~both~ of your colors and that's why this card is absolutely unprintable! It's almost mono-blue and should cost one blue mana, red shouldn't be able to play a mono-blue planeswalker for just red mana..
As far as 1 mana planeswalkers go, I think this isn't that bad. The +1 is ok, the -1 depending on the format and the available cards, can be bad (say, this with Gut Shot is a tad too good). The ultimate is far too strong, though. I'd put it at something like -12.

Look at it this way: this is a Telepathy that can fetch you stuff and win you the game if you protect it 5 turns. Way too good.

Which brings us to the elephant in ther room, which is the fact that it is a 1 mana planeswalker. Can they exist? yeah. Do they have to? Absolutely no. There is no reason whatsoever to create a 1 mana planeswalker, in my opinion.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
A few days ago, I made a zero-mana planeswalker, and they definitely should exist!
In my opinion even Tibalt was a bad idea.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Planeswalkers shouldn't exist, but now that they do we should have 1 mana ones :3
Is the -1 ability, just incase you forget what's in your deck?

[+1] Look at the top card of target player's library.
[-1] Same, though it's a stretch
[-5] Emblem, Each player play's with the top card of their library revealed. If the top card of a player's library is an instant or sorcery, you may cast those cards as though they were in your hand. (replacing each instance of a colored mana symbol with (), Note: This may be too good for a 1 drop?)
Firstly, Cats_and_me was spot on, this must be mono blue. Red doesn't get hand-looking, fetching, and free spells within it's colour wheel.

+1: very cool, but not overly strong. maybe to further balance it you make it "each player reveals their hand"
-1: Also cool and potentially very good, assuming you actually meant to allow the user to put a spell into their hand and shuffle their deck.
-5: Too strong. Considering you oculd potentially get this off on turn 5 (especially in a blue deck with walls and counters) you can't have that godly an ability that early. Maybe "you may cast sorceries/any card as though it were an instant until your next turn" or an emblem that makes other players play with hands or top-cards revealed, etc. Something that will allow for an advantage, but not a "you almost win" like many other ultimate.

Very cool overall though, I actually think it's a pretty good start for a 1 drop walker. the +1 and -1 are cool and pretty good, and I am a thousand times more infavour of a very minor +1 on a one drop, rather than tibalt's god awful first ability.

Decks
Modern

Bloody Fangs

Cruel Master

Life Unbound

Survival of the Fittest

EDH

The Indomitable Doran, the Siege Tower

Mimeomancy The Mimeoplasm

Cube

360 Pauper "Colour Basics"

I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

In my opinion even Tibalt was a bad idea.

tibalt is bad even for a 2 cc planeswalker
Sign In to post comments