Making card draw silly

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know about Shared fate But are there any other cards that can turn card draw in its head in a bizzarre way?
RPGtable username : RTiger
Try these. Some are more silly than others.
In other words, the answer is no.
You draw? K3wl! I draw 2!

Necropotence also makes card draw kinda silly.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
When you say "bizarre", i take it you're not talking about damage to your opponent?
I take it you're not talking about effects like Dredge?

What kind of effects are you looking for?
No dredge, maybe damage. Just something unusual that can affect the entire field. Also, my colors are G/U.

I have a deck built around card draw that lets everyone draw 9+ cards a turn, and I want to turn that into something even more silly.
Throw in Thought Reflection and you can draw 18+.  That's pretty silly.
High Tide
Stroke of Genius
Any of the 'free' spells (ones that you cast and they allow you to untap...Snap for example)
Windfall

If your opponent has any library left after this, you didn't do it right.
I found another

mind over matter 
Recycle reduces your maximum hand size to 2, but it makes everything a cantrip. How is that not silly? Also, Phil Foglio.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
IMAGE(http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/225/8/9/bloodgift_demon_sig_banner_by_voidelemental-d46gjhm.jpg)
I play EDH mostly.

I tend to use Font of mythos with Sculpting steel, Howling mine, Rites of Flourishing, Anvil of Bogardan, and Kami of the Crescent moon. I also use Baby Jace. Tamiyo would be insane here.

With those cards on the field, everyone draws 9+ cards a turn. Then I play things like Psychosis crawler with Windfall, Flux, Jace's Archivist, and Prosperity. I am just looking for more ways to turn card draw into a real advantage.

Mind over matter with the Archivist turns infinite. Shared fate just gets stupid.
Lich makes card draw, damage, and Disenchant variants inherently silly.
139359831 wrote:
I play EDH mostly.

I tend to use Font of mythos with Sculpting steel, Howling mine, Rites of Flourishing, Anvil of Bogardan, and Kami of the Crescent moon. I also use Baby Jace. Tamiyo would be insane here.

With those cards on the field, everyone draws 9+ cards a turn. Then I play things like Psychosis crawler with Windfall, Flux, Jace's Archivist, and Prosperity. I am just looking for more ways to turn card draw into a real advantage.

Mind over matter with the Archivist turns infinite. Shared fate just gets stupid.

I have a multiplayer deck based of Recycle that uses Lorescale Coatl, Psychosis CrawlerGarruk, Primal Hunter and it just gets ridiculous once it gets going. My friends complain about it so much that I never play it anymore. I also use Quest for Ancient Secrets and Library of Leng to help with trying to keep up with churning the deck over
i'm suprised no one has mentiond Niv-mizzet the firemind. You can use that with mind moil or any other effect that lets you draw cards.
the great thing about this combo is you play an spell and then you put your hand at the bottom of your deck and draw that many cards. now if the spell you cast makes you draw cards, that is that many more cards that you draw. great for battlefeild clearing or just straight up player damage.
139359831 wrote:
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind plus Curiosity is better.

That's really cool actually. Except you'd better hope that you kill your opponent before you mill yourself.
Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind plus Curiosity is better.

That's really cool actually. Except you'd better hope that you kill your opponent before you mill yourself.

You can always target a creature, even Niv himself, before that happens.
139359831 wrote:
Sadly, Niv is outside my normal colors. I would need to rebuild the deck to include red if I use him. You can't splash in EDH
Sign In to post comments