Bought Expansion DLC Campaign not Unlocked!

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just bought all the new expansion DLC's on steam for PC and the new expansion campaign is still showing as locked. I have restarted steam, and tried re installing steam but the campaign is still showing as locked. How do I fix this?

Im not going to lie, Ive about had enough with this game, I have so far lost my save progress twice now with you guys still not fixing this problem and now I am unable to even play or use the DLC decks I bought. Im just about to the point of asking steam for money back which I have never ever done in all the years I have been using there service. 
I have a question for Wizards of the coast or whoever decided to sell the new decks locked.

Could you explain me what the **** did I just spent 3,99€ for? A locked decks? Are you seriously expecting me to finish a campaing to play my new decks online? In case you haven't figured it out, the single player campaing isn't that entertaining. The AI doesn't have the deck shuffled properly. It always pulls a perfect card for any situation, even on the lowest difficulty level. It gets really frustrating after 4 attemps to unlock just one of my new decks I just BOUGHT. This is the last time i'm buying anything from you.

Oh please, like it's really that hard. And aying you won't buy anything from them again is just silly. You like their products enough to find your way to this forum, you're gonna buy more. Empty threats are pretty funny, but pointless in the end. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I feel like my post just got hijacked... lol
I have a question for Wizards of the coast or whoever decided to sell the new decks locked.

Could you explain me what the **** did I just spent 3,99€ for? A locked decks? Are you seriously expecting me to finish a campaing to play my new decks online? In case you haven't figured it out, the single player campaing isn't that entertaining. The AI doesn't have the deck shuffled properly. It always pulls a perfect card for any situation, even on the lowest difficulty level. It gets really frustrating after 4 attemps to unlock just one of my new decks I just BOUGHT. This is the last time i'm buying anything from you.

Wow... How'bout dropping it to Mage difficulty and playing 5 games of Magic.
Done.
Rant Over.
Decks Unlocked.
Your life can continue.

Seriously. Mountain out of a molehill and all that.
you guys must suck at the game plese never play 2hg.

p.s u mad bro. 
I just bought all the new expansion DLC's on steam for PC and the new expansion campaign is still showing as locked. I have restarted steam, and tried re installing steam but the campaign is still showing as locked. How do I fix this?

Im not going to lie, Ive about had enough with this game, I have so far lost my save progress twice now with you guys still not fixing this problem and now I am unable to even play or use the DLC decks I bought. Im just about to the point of asking steam for money back which I have never ever done in all the years I have been using there service. 

If that campaign is inaccesible it's possible you have to complete all the prior campaigns if you've not yet done so. I didn't give it any thought since I already had them all unlocked in my game when I got the Expansion (andyou said you've lost save data before).

Otherwise, this may be a Steam issue. I don't think I've heard of X-Box or PSN players being locked out of the campaign.

If that campaign is inaccesible it's possible you have to complete all the prior campaigns if you've not yet done so. I didn't give it any thought since I already had them all unlocked in my game when I got the Expansion (andyou said you've lost save data before).

Otherwise, this may be a Steam issue. I don't think I've heard of X-Box or PSN players being locked out of the campaign.

I do infact have the original campaign unlocked and all decks fully unlocked as well. After purchasing the dlc's this morning and restarting MTG the expansion campaign was still locked for me, I tried everything from re installing the game twice to other suggested options on the steam forums none of which have helped at all. This is frustrating to say the least along with all the other issues this game has had or is still having that have not been fixed. Worse is that no one seems to know how to fix this or some of the other issues that I have had which is kind of hard to fathom since this game has been out for how long now?

I do infact have the original campaign unlocked and all decks fully unlocked as well. After purchasing the dlc's this morning and restarting MTG the expansion campaign was still locked for me, I tried everything from re installing the game twice to other suggested options on the steam forums none of which have helped at all. This is frustrating to say the least along with all the other issues this game has had or is still having that have not been fixed. Worse is that no one seems to know how to fix this or some of the other issues that I have had which is kind of hard to fathom since this game has been out for how long now?

The only unfortunate thing is, I don't think Wizards can help you. It seems like a technical problem and it was Stainless that developed the game.
I could be wrong though.

Message Wizards_Sean directly (top post Here) and explain to him. Perhaps he has a closer line to the developers or can provide you with more useful support options.
I think that's the best I can do.
Honestly after having all my progress wiped twice and now having to deal with this along with all the other bugs and issues that have popped up since release I think I am just going to ask for a refund from steam. The amount of issues that this game is having and has had is just beyond belief it really is.
@Rhonjura

I have to ask the obvious.
Have you taken one of your unlocked decks and defeated the expansion decks?
If not, they will remain locked until you do so.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

@Rhonjura

Thats the issue, I cant even fight the expansion campaign its locked even though I bought all the new DLC decks.
You should be able to play against Aura Servants. When you beat that deck it will be unlocked. You may then beat the next deck and unlock it. So forth and so on.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

You should be able to play against Aura Servants. When you beat that deck it will be unlocked. You may then beat the next deck and unlock it. So forth and so on.

Let me rephrase this I have beaten the entire game already and unlock every deck fully but even so I still cannot fight the first boss in the expansion campaign to start unlocking my decks. Its simply locked out even though I have bought the new DLC Decks.
Hate to say it but I really have no advice past what I've offered.
This is the first time I've seen this issue posted.
I know that on the ps3 if you reinstall the game update (v1.01, I think is what it was) it fixed that issue. I'm not sure about steam though.

Edit: Sorry I got it the other way around. If you installed the Main Game update after you installed the expansion pack, try reinstalling the expansion pack. THAT is how the ps3 issue was fixed.

Show

Sadly I have no option to do that on Steam other then just re installing the game which did nothing for the issue. The only way I could fix it is if I delete all my saved data and start over from scratch and have to unlock everything for the 3rd time which I am just unwilling to do. I shouldnt have to do that at all let alone 3 times.
Why don't you post your issue in this thread

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

It is monitored by Sean, our Wizards liaison. You can feel free to PM him about your issue also.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Show

@Rhonjura

Thats the issue, I cant even fight the expansion campaign its locked even though I bought all the new DLC decks.

wait sounds to me like u bought all the  keys of the new decks  insted of the  expansion
u say that u bought all the dlc decks??  u mean only the expansion right??  caz there is only one   so  dont say all   when is only one  ...

sorry to say this but something is fishy here i think is more of user error
.... Im not sure you read my post you can purchase each Expansion DLC Deck individually on steam meaning .99 cents for each of the new decks. I already had the original game fully unlocked with all the decks fully unlocked. When I bought said Expansion Decks the Expansion Campaign did not unlock for me after many attempts, hence I cannot unlock the DLC Decks I purchased ingame.
Hmm.. it seems that you bought the unlock keys only ($.99 each) and not the Expansion game itself ($4.99).
Yes, you need the expansion before the keys will work.

Show

It is pretty bad that I pay for dlc and still have to waste an hur unlocking the deck itself.

Wow... How'bout dropping it to Mage difficulty and playing 5 games of Magic.
Done.
Rant Over.
Decks Unlocked.
Your life can continue.

Seriously. Mountain out of a molehill and all that.

Who are you to tell someone how to spend their time? If I pay for new decks, I don't expect to have to play for an hour with old decks just to use the new ones. It's a stupid system and if your progress was erased multiple times you'd be upset too.

Wait so I just spent 5 bucks on the DLC Decks... when I have to spend another 5 bucks for the expansion in which I would of gotten the decks included in that? How in the bloody hell does that make sense?
The expansion includes the decks but without unlocks.  You purchased unlock keys for decks that you didn't have.  If you buy the expansion, you can use the keys to unlock all the decks in the expansion instead of having to manually do it.
Who are you to tell someone how to spend their time?

A sensible person.
He doesn't have to play through the campaign to unlock the decks if he doesn't want to. Does that sound sensible to you?

And for your next obvious answer, no they didn't have to make it so you unlock the decks, but they did. So suck it up, play the five games and enjoy the new decks instead of mindlessly, needlessly and pointlessly bitching about it.
In the time it took him to write that rant up he probably could have had 2 of the decks already unlocked...
Wait so I just spent 5 bucks on the DLC Decks... when I have to spend another 5 bucks for the expansion in which I would of gotten the decks included in that? How in the bloody hell does that make sense?

You accidentally bought the deck unlock keys instead of the Expansion.
Now if/when you buy the expansion, you inadvertantly saved yourself the time to unlock all the cards (to the tune of +/-150 wins). You'll have all the cards in all the decks unlocked already.

You just have to play through the 5 game campaign to access each deck. Since you've already unlocked all the cards in the core decks it should be a cakewalk. Fully unlocked and optimized decks stomp all over the first campaign so it will be easy. As you beat each one you'll have 40/40 cards for each deck unlocked.

So, silver lining.

You didn't buy the DLC decks. The decks are included in the DLC which you buy for a one off payment. What you paid for were keys to instantly unlock all the cards for the DLC decks so you don't have to manually unlock them by winning one duel at a time. I'm sure the descriptions for the 'keys' you brought would have stated this.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

LOL   and this is why i don't pay attencion to the wainers  so u cursed wotc  for your  stup****

hahahahahahahaha