A Lotus of a different kind.

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
(0)

Temporal Lotus

Remove Temporal Lotus from the game. You may remove any number of lands you control in play from the game, add 3 mana of any color for each land removed this way.

What do you think?
Still incredibly good. Arguably, even better. You're getting at least 6-9 mana out of this one. At the worst you're getting as much with no chance of recursion. At best you're getting way more. Removing lands is not much of a drawback since you can usually combo off with that much mana.
Two lotuses for the price of a land, yes please.
Eh ... four mana for a land drop and a zero-mana spell is still pretty brutal, even if you no longer keep the land. Combine that with the fact that each land now nets four mana, with six lands you go lethal with pretty much any spell, making this much more potent than Black Lotus in control decks.

If I may make a suggestion:

Temporal Lotus -
Artifact
, , Exile a land you control: Add three mana of any one color you control.

Takes a bit of explosiveness out of it, and isn't much worse than a Dark Ritual.
Eh ... four mana for a land drop and a zero-mana spell is still pretty brutal, even if you no longer keep the land. Combine that with the fact that each land now nets four mana, with six lands you go lethal with pretty much any spell, making this much more potent than Black Lotus in control decks.

If I may make a suggestion:

Temporal Lotus -
Artifact

Takes a bit of explosiveness out of it, and isn't much worse than a Dark Ritual.

That's kinda worse, because you can keep doing it forever. Now all you need is dark rituals and 3 drops.
Temporal Lotus -
Artifact

Uh, no. Now each land has ", exile ~: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool." And can be broken with Riftsweeper + Primeval Titan + Deadeye Navigator. Tough to do, but if you're playing Wacky Combo Wedge, you can fairly easily.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Uh, no. Now each land has ", exile ~: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool." And can be broken with Riftsweeper + Primeval Titan + Deadeye Navigator. Tough to do, but if you're playing Wacky Combo Wedge, you can fairly easily.

it can also be broken with cards that exist
Part of why it's good, is the lotus is removed from the game as well, it requires you to sacrifice your own mana, and while you are right about 6 mana being almost a given win, counter spells still exist.

Such a card would also give life to cards that almost can't be played.

The tap idea is fun but keeping the lotus in play seems like a far more abusable thing. Lotus Vale is a similar action by comparison. And if you sacked all your lands, a counter spell might as well be a GG.
Most people don't run activated ability counters (like Squelch), so it is certainly OP. How about this?

Temporal Lotus
Artifact
Exile Temporal Lotus and X lands you control in play from the game: add X mana of any one color to your mana pool.

It's like mana seism.

My suggestion:

Carcinogen Lotus
Artifact
, Sacrifice a land: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

That might still be too good. Free mana is rough, yo. 
Squandered Resources was multicolored and 2 mana, and is banned in block constructed (though that's mostly because it fits so well into ProsBloom).   would be safer.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Here's a really wacky idea:

Lotus Season (0)
Sorcery
As an additional cost to play Lotus Season, sacrifice a land.
Add 3 mana of any one color to your mana pool.
Squandered Resources was multicolored and 2 mana, and is banned in block constructed (though that's mostly because it fits so well into ProsBloom).   would be safer.

In EDH, this is "one of the many reasons Fastbond is banned". (Crucible of Worlds accounts for most of them.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
Attention YMtC:

Please stop trying to make a fixed Lotus. It's officially really freaking old. Please feel free to stay and enjoy our fun and good times of card design, contests and spirited discussions.
NEVER!

Lotus Leaf 3
Artifact
T, sac: add 3 of any color
Attention YMtC:

Please stop trying to make a fixed Lotus. It's officially really freaking old. Please feel free to stay and enjoy our fun and good times of card design, contests and spirited discussions.

I think I just figured out the Idol finals criteria.
NEVER! Lotus Leaf 3 Artifact T, sac: add 3 of any color

Poisonous Lotus

Artifact

, sacrifice ~: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool. You lose the game.
139359831 wrote:
Attention YMtC:

I think I just figured out the Idol finals criteria.

Dezektorborne officially hate you.
Slightly Worse Lotus 
Artifact
, Sacrifice Slightly Worse Lotus: Empty your mana pool, then add three mana of any one color to your mana pool.

Black Lotus is already self-fixing. Most Magic players don't have one...
Sign In to post comments