Angel Deck

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone have any advice on some low cost cards to put into an Angel deck?

I would like to stay all white but I am open to the possibility of using a seond colour in the deck.

Thanks for all your help.
Your not giving alot of info in this question.

low cost casting?

low cost money?

Angels themselves? or things to support them?

utility cards like removal spells?

casual? standard? legacy? EDH?

I'm just full of questions.                

<----- Loser.

Sorry I meant low casting cost.

Creature type I was looking for something to support them such as soldiers.

I play casual games at the moment but I would be looking to play standard as well in the future.

There aren't many cheap angels. Under four mana you have Emancipation Angel and Serra Avenger basically. Those are both problematic as cheap spells too because one sometimes forces you to return a land to your hand unless you build around it, and the other you have to wait till a later turn to cast. At four mana you have Emeria Angel, Sublime Archangel, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Guardian Seraph, Restoration Angel, Voice of All, and Exalted Angel. All fairly decent options.

If you're just looking for cheap white dudes, white is traditionally very good at that. You got some one drops with two power like Isamaru, Hound of Konda, Dryad Militant, Elite Vanguard, and Savannah Lions. Student of Warfare is also solid. My favorite two drop is probably Knight of the White Orchid. You got a lot of really solid options though like Knight of Meadowgrain, Precinct Captain, Loyal Cathar, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Inquisitor Exarch, Knight of the Holy Nimbus, Spectral Rider, Elite Inquisitor, Knight of Glory, Azorius Arrester, and Leonin Relic-Warder.

Ashnod's Altar is helpful to get mana if you have spare tokens.
Oblivion Ring is great.

I'd also suggest Infiltration Lens, as it's my personal favorite card draw option. Skullclamp if you've got tokens, and it's legal in the format you're in.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Oblivion Ring is great.

I'd also suggest Infiltration Lens, as it's my personal favorite card draw option. Skullclamp if you've got tokens, and it's legal in the format you're in.

Infiltration Lens is awful in an Angel deck. "Hey, I'm gonna give my fliers unblockable!" Actually, it's awful in most decks. What if it's removal you have to worry about and not blockers? What if they have the advantage in the race? Worse comes to worse, they can just block your creature if it keeps them alive. And calling it card draw couldn't be more incorrect. It's only card draw in a deck that can force blocks.
Thanks for all the advice so far. I will try and get a deck list posted up soon for people to see.
Try posting it in the Casual Deck forums under Casual Play. That would be a much better place for something like this.
Well, most angel decks splash blue or black for control or green for ramp. Any of those will give you decent card draw.

But a lot of players seem to think "monowhite angel deck". You can't really do that.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
i have a monowhite angel deck, and its not to bad, ill post it on here tomorrow.
Cwanks59