11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Green's answer to Vampire Nighthawk

Guardian Basilisk
Creature - Basilisk

Vigilance, reach, deathtouch
2/3
Rules Advisor
I like it, but its probably too good at that cost. Maybe as a 3/2 or 3/1?

Vampire Nighthawk says its pretty cool. I can't see this being as heavily played as the hawk.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Meh, it's reasonably on level with the nighthawk, and it's green, rather than black; I don't think it's too good 

However a 3/2 would be cool, for symmetry though it does make the deathtouch a touch less important.
What is Thornweald Archer for then? That's one of my fav Elves.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

I was going to suggest First Strike but that's incredibly not green. I think a cycle with a rock, paper, scissors setup would be cool.

Whitehawk

Creature - Notavampire

Flying, First Strike, [third ability]

3/2 
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Green has other answers to Nighthawk

But seriously, this guy is cool. I love cards that can attack then be helpful afterwards.

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

What is Thornweald Archer for then? That's one of my fav Elves.

Thornweald is a whole point of green mana cheaper, which can be very significant.
I was going to suggest First Strike but that's incredibly not green. I think a cycle with a rock, paper, scissors setup would be cool.

Whitehawk

Creature - Notavampire

3/2 

You're making Silverclaw Griffin cry.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Whitehawk

Creature - Notavampire

3/2 

You're making Silverclaw Griffin cry.

I hate how wotc always prints underpowered griffins, it's like whenever they design one, they HAVE to make it bad on purpose or it'll be changed to another creature type. Kinda funny that when they finally printed a decent Griffin card, it wasn't a Griffin itself!

Griffin Protector is decent I guess, but it only works with token generators really. And Misthollow Griffin is just a Jhonny combo piece.

As for Guardian Basilisks, it's cool but I think you guys are underestimating how good Vigilance on a card this efficient is.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?

Vampire Nighthawk says its pretty cool. I can't see this being as heavily played as the hawk.

True. It's in most ways worse. Vigilance more useful on something with deathtouch, but reach is objectively worse than flying.

Despite that, I can't really see WotC printing it. Kessig Recluse shows how much they think of green wrt anything comparable as the Nighthawk.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt