Dungeon #207

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
When will we be able to download this?  i am really interested in running the Barovia game for Samhain.
We don't have a specific date. But i'd go more with toward the end of October as Dungeon's adventures normally take longer to release, requiring more developpement and editing with more art & word counts than smaller articles.
cool, thanks
For the past few months, Dungeon adventures have been published on the first day of the following month and then the relevant post is backdated to show the last day of the month they were supposed to have been published. 

As there is at least five more minutes work in compiling two adventures into a single PDF I wouldn't be surprised if we see the compiled version a few days later....

Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
Perfect. Halloween-ish adventures on the third of November. Wizards is Fn dumb.

Cry Havoc!  And let slip the hogs of war!

Yeah, I've been checking twice a day for the last week and a half. It's getting old very quickly.

Is there anything more specific than "towards the end of October" as last I checked there's 6 days left? (in my time-zone anyway)

P.s. Releasing ON Halloween stops anyone who doesn't do a Wednesday night game from running Barovia adventures of spooky fun in October. 

At risk of sounding like a broken record player... 
< rant > a staggered release gives us something to chew on while we wait. If Barovia has been ready for a week, people could have been running it for a week. If people know that the issue comes out at the end of the month, they will check the site once. If there are a dozen articles across Dungeon and Dragon across the month, they will check it more often.

Stagger the releases then collect them at the end of the month in a full format with advertising and everything, issue it like a full digital magazine. Possibly make them available to purchase for a cost around that of a 1 month DDI subscription - that way DDI subscribers feel like they are getting value for money and people who don't care about CB or compendium can still buy it. Or, realise it's better value to get the subscription and you have subscribers.< / rant >
they have released mag material on the last day of the month for like a year now. i dont understand why you guys are suprised, at all. i would expect it on the last day of the month.
they have released mag material on the last day of the month for like a year now. i dont understand why you guys are suprised, at all. i would expect it on the last day of the month.

Not exactly surprised, more expressing that it sucks...
DU207 finally arrives and the link is broken!!!
It's up and working!
awesome issue, lots to dig into here

Are we going to get a breakout of articles for forum postings? Or will we have to read through tons of irrelevant material to find a post?

• Starhaunt – Liked the Far Realms elements [as that horrid realm and Primordials are the main protagonist for my 4E campaign]; plus it comes with a nice map.

• Timbergouge – so-so.

• Fair Barovia – Liked that Vallaki finally gets a good map and key; however, the Ruins of Lysaga Hill [map] is lame. The Monastery of the White Sun is adequate. I like the conclusion’s ironic twist at the end.

IMHO: Never cared for “Saint” in the DnD and prefer the term Exarch.

Sign In to post comments