Abusing Omniscience

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, looking for some ideas on how to abuse Omniscience; both cheating it into play, and protecting/abusing it from that point onward.

Anyone have any good ways to use this?  I'm thinking entomb followed by Replenish to cheat it into play.  As for things to abuse it with?  Tamiyo, the Moon Sage, Primal Surge - any other ideas?
Still working on the way to cheat it into play, thinking mana dorks, Tolarian Academy, or maybe good ole High Tide, but I know a good way to abuse once in play in a big multiplayer game. Consecrated sphinx. IF you can keep it in play once opponents see how crazy the card draw is. 4 player game means you are drawing 7 cards a "round" (your turn around to next turn), minimum. Beware of empty libraries.
If you can get Omniscience into play - chances are, you've won that turn or the next one with your deck built right.
If not, you're doing it wrong. 
I wouldn't worry about protecting Omniscience.
The card is hard to get into play without devoting the entire deck to it, so be mindful that some games your draw will just screw you and you'll get stomped out. 

I run a mono-blue deck with about 12 filter (ponder, preordain & brainstorm), 8 counter, Dream Halls & Conflux.
Digging in Ancestral Knowledge, but if you have money for fetchlands - you could try Lim-Dul's Vault.
When I cast Conflux (usually on turn 5, sometime turn 4 with Saprazzan Skerry or Lotus Petal), I fetch;
Conflux, to be discarded for Omniscience,
Underworld Dreams, which I then target with Oblivion Ring
Worldfire.
When Worldfire hits, Underworld Dreams comes back into play. 
Dream Halls can be used by any player though - chances are someone playing blue will discard a blue card and cast a counter, so you could potentially wait until the next turn to cast Conflux with counter backup (if you wanted to, but be prepared to lose you Halls or have your opponents put down ALL their win-con's in one round)
With Dream Halls, there are HEAPS of different ways you can build your win-con, including playing Nicol Bolas, Obliterate & Liliana Vess together with Wheel of Sun and Moon and Omni.
I generally change this deck often to make it interesting.... 

There is a quicker way to do it, Show and Tell
  If you're suggesting Entomb, I'm assuming you've got a bit of cash to spend on this deck?
(cos this way ain't cheap! - and it's not my idea either I should stress.) 

Pack about 4 to 6 creature targets like Griselbrand & Emrakul, the Aeon's Torn, Omni, 12 filter (ponder, preordain, brainstorm) and then you'll need 3 Show and Tell (1 outside the game) with 4 Burning Wish and about 8 counter.
Omni is the card you want to use with SnT if possible. 
Once Omni is in play, the cards outside the game that are useful could be;
Eye of Nowhere
Petals of Insight
Grapeshot   
Time of Need and of course your 4th SnT.
The idea is centered on Show and Tell.  Ideally you want to find Omniscience, but one of your fatties will also do.
Like Dream Halls, Show and Tell also has a weakness, being completely reliant on one card (counter it!!!!)
If your opponents are packing Angel of Despair, Oblivion Ring etc., or some other "When enters the battlefield" text that hoses your win-con's, you're gonna be filtering through your deck for a while trying to find your pieces to get going again.
The other way using the cards out side the game, is once Omni hits the table, cast burning wish for Petals of Insight. Repeat until your Storm count is big enough to frustrate the table, and you find another Burnng Wish, play it, finding Grapeshot.
Note the arcane interaction between Eye & Petals too. 
Good Luck keeping friends playing a deck like this.....

On that, good luck keeping friends playing an Omniscience before turn 5 in any build!! 

If you're suggesting Entomb, I'm assuming you've got a bit of cash to spend on this deck?
(cos this way ain't cheap! - and it's not my idea either I should stress.) 

Thank you for your thoughtful reply!  We've been playing since the 1990s, so I've got entombs and dont need to buy them.  Our group has power cards from playing for so long, but it's rare for people to use them in any kind of broken way.  For us the fun of the game is interaction and politics.  So I feel like entomb/replenish is the "least cheesy" way to get the card into play without hard casting it, since it's sort of like a reanimate strategy and it's vulnerable to graveyard hate.

Your win condition is pretty cool and you've given me some nice ideas to think about!  Thanks again!
..... I feel like entomb/replenish is the "least cheesy" way to get the card into play without hard casting it, since it's sort of like a reanimate strategy and it's vulnerable to graveyard hate.

No worries.

If you're looking to use Replenish, and like a graveyard mechanic, maybe there's other Enchantments you could run to help?

My wife has an enchantment deck, running cards like Peace of Mind & Eldrazi COnscription / Mythic Proportions etc., and gets them into play with Nomad Mythmaker & Replenish & Auratouched Mage.
Then she plays Winds of Rath.....sigh.
Card draw from enchantress/spiritdancer's.
Having Omni on the board could give you a more fair approach maybe , ie Creature based beats instead of auto-win?
Open the Vaults or something like it?
+1 for a full playset of Conflux in here. Omniscience is only as good as the hand you have when you resolve it. If one of those is Conflux, it's immediately adding four of the best cards in your deck to it, along with another Conflux. You can do the math from there.
In terms of cheating Omniscience itself out early, Show and Tell if you've got it. Otherwise, I tend to think High Tide + Eight-Post might get the job done fast enough. Maybe. Dunno. Thoughts, people?

High Tide probably needs to wait until Turn 5 (Tap an island, High Tide. Tap an island for , High Tide, floating, three islands left for the remaining nine mana).
8-Post probably isn't far behind, especially given we need to resolve Omniscience (heck, you don't think they put so much coloured mana in its casting cost for a reason, do you?)
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)

Ramping up is definitely possible in MP given the extra few turns we get.
High Tide could be possible too!

Another card I would consider is Academy Rector, as it works pretty well with Replenish (being white).  Black/White has lots of great token generators for defence, and this card doesn't require you to have Omni in hand either!

Another card I would consider is Academy Rector, as it works pretty well with Replenish (being white). 

This suggestion looks "full of win" to me!  Conflux is just ... mean, hahaha.
Hmmm, perhaps the most impressive way to cheat this into play would be via Hellcarver Demon, because I think opponents might actually voluntarily allow you to hit them with the demon out of morbid curiousity!  Or maybe get him through using Ethereal Usher or something.
Hmmm, perhaps the most impressive way to cheat this into play would be via Hellcarver Demon, because I think opponents might actually voluntarily allow you to hit them with the demon out of morbid curiousity!  Or maybe get him through using Ethereal Usher or something.

All you need is a way to put stuff you want on top of your library.....
Enlightened Tutor says hi! 
Doomsday says you just died, LOL. 
All you need is a way to put stuff you want on top of your library.....

My favorite one of those is Scroll Rack, but there are others, as you've noted!