Killab! DroneOn!

67 posts / 0 new
Last post
I made this thread so you guys can ask each other rules questions

I appreciate your efforts and thank you for your good intentions, sir. I do need some advice on a "rules" issue and on what is/isn't appropriate behavior so I will go first. So basically I "chilled" in bed with my depressed mother and my girlfriend freaked out about this. What do I do?

Here's the story:

I am 22 years old. My mother suffers from major depression. I study and work part-time, so I'm almost never home. Today I had a day off and I spent it around the house, cleaning and doing stuff. As I was doing this, I went to my mother's bedroom and saw her sleeping, with the tv on. I sat on the bed and woke her up, to ask her some stupid stuff I made up. Made some jokes and after that just chilled with her, which doesn't happen very often. We used to do this (my mom, dad and me) when I was a kid and this reminded me a lot of it. This was a chance for me, since we got to talk about how she feels and all that. That helped me understand why she is so depressed and all those things.

Girlfriend calls me. I tell her about this and she freaks out. She thinks it's "sick" that I spent time with my mother "in her room" and "on her bed". I mean, I get that imagining such a thing could be weird, but it actually wasn't. It actually was pretty sweet and it just felt like when I was a kid and she was happy. Now she doesn't want to talk to me. She thinks I have some kind of issue and s***. I explained this to her the way I just did here and I don't see anything wrong with what I did.

Could you help me out with this one?
Just those two, or can I play? I have a very serious question, matter of life and death...

If I cast flickerwisp on my flickerwisp and bring back the flickerwisp next turn to exile the other flickerwisp again, only to exile that flickerwisp and the end step, leading me to exile the original flickerwisp once more in the following turn, will my PS3 system crash?

On an unrelated note, if I play Talrand, sky summoner when I hit 4 mana, what are the exact odds of him surviving till the next phase? I have calculated them at roughly 0.00001%, but this can't be right, surely.  seems to be, but there must be a loophole somewhere that allows him to survive a damn turn.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Just those two, or can I play? I have a very serious question, matter of life and death...

If I cast flickerwisp on my flickerwisp and bring back the flickerwisp next turn to exile the other flickerwisp again, only to exile that flickerwisp and the end step, leading me to exile the original flickerwisp once more in the following turn, will my PS3 system crash?

On an unrelated note, if I play Talrand, sky summoner when I hit 4 mana, what are the exact odds of him surviving till the next phase? I have calculated them at roughly 0.00001%, but this can't be right, surely.  seems to be, but there must be a loophole somewhere that allows him to survive a damn turn.

Play Talrand at 6 mana with a disperse in your hand. For just six mana, you get to lose a turn, draw out a removal spell and trade a disperse for a 2/2 token drake.

That is pure profit right there, brah!

Or you could run him with aura servants and a little indestructibility...

I appreciate your efforts and thank you for your good intentions, sir. I do need some advice on a "rules" issue and on what is/isn't appropriate behavior so I will go first. So basically I "chilled" in bed with my depressed mother and my girlfriend freaked out about this. What do I do?

Here's the story:

I am 22 years old. My mother suffers from major depression. I study and work part-time, so I'm almost never home. Today I had a day off and I spent it around the house, cleaning and doing stuff. As I was doing this, I went to my mother's bedroom and saw her sleeping, with the tv on. I sat on the bed and woke her up, to ask her some stupid stuff I made up. Made some jokes and after that just chilled with her, which doesn't happen very often. We used to do this (my mom, dad and me) when I was a kid and this reminded me a lot of it. This was a chance for me, since we got to talk about how she feels and all that. That helped me understand why she is so depressed and all those things.

Girlfriend calls me. I tell her about this and she freaks out. She thinks it's "sick" that I spent time with my mother "in her room" and "on her bed". I mean, I get that imagining such a thing could be weird, but it actually wasn't. It actually was pretty sweet and it just felt like when I was a kid and she was happy. Now she doesn't want to talk to me. She thinks I have some kind of issue and s***. I explained this to her the way I just did here and I don't see anything wrong with what I did.

Your girlfriend is wrong, you're okay here. Let her think about it. I am saying this given the reasonable assumption that you were both fully clothed, however. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

Here's the story:

Your girlfriend is wrong, you're okay here. Let her think about it. I am saying this given the reasonable assumption that you were both fully clothed, however. 

It was really hot that day....

No seriously, we were clothed on ON TOP of the covers and on opposite sides of the bed. She has depression so I was just trying to cheer her up.

Still arguing with the gf about this via text.

Play Talrand at 6 mana with a disperse in your hand. For just six mana, you get to lose a turn, draw out a removal spell and trade a disperse for a 2/2 token drake.

That is pure profit right there, brah!

Or you could run him with aura servants and a little indestructibility...

I usually do, but sometimes I want the guy out early you know. And he has yet to survive his awesome entrance music (sexy boy, of WWE Heartbreak kid fame). 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

Here's the story:

No seriously, we were clothed on ON TOP of the covers and on opposite sides of the bed. She has depression so I was just trying to cheer her up.

Wait, this is a true story? Wow, I thought we were joking here, that's a tough break man. You know you did nothing wrong, your mother knows you did nothing wrong, even I suspect this is the case. Give her time or use a decent analogy or similie to explain. Say it was like sitting on the couch, except there is no couch in your mothers room...

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

If your girlfriend isn't going to trust you about this, then how would she trust you in marriage? Everytime you two aren't together, she'll be thinking about you cheating on her, and she's not going to trust your word. Find a better girlfriend, one that does trust you (this is all assuming you're a trustable person, not that I'm saying or suggusting otherwise).

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Oh, so completely off-topic posting is acceptable now?  Cool, here's my story for the day:

So I'm a manager at a Hot Topic.  It's really annoying to deal with teenagers who couldn't tell you Bauhaus from Blink-182, but hey, it pays good.  A few months ago, we got in a huge - three dozen, in fact - shipment of vintage Smiths t-shirts.  I don't know where they came from, probably some warehouse that our parent company bought for pennies on the dollar, but they're authentic 80s versions of the shirts.  It's like a goldmine.

Needless to say, not a single one of them has been sold.  Now, we have a policy that stuff that sits on the shelf for that long can be discounted literally as much as the manager feels like, because the only other option is "give them to the Salvation Army".  So I could "buy" them all myself for ten dollars.  Hell, I could just take them home and not pay anything and there's almost literally zero chance they'd even care.  My husband and I are both big fans, but we also do lots of charity work.

Now, one of the things we do is teach English to Latino kids in our neighborhood (we live in the Bay Area).  As you probably know, for some reason, Morrissey is really popular with Latino "rocker" teens in LA and the Bay Area.  They'd love to have the shirts!

How many should I keep for us, and how many should we give to the kids?  They're not poor (I mean, no more poor than us or our friends) so it's not like they need clothes.  But neither do we.

I'm thinking keep one of each design for ourselves for personal use and give the rest away.  I know I could sell any of them on eBay for $20 or more, but I just can't bring myself to do that, it seems crass.

Is it terrible for me to want to keep any of them?  My husband and I both already own modern re-screens of old Smiths shirts, but as far as I've been able to find, these are designs that haven't been reprinted, so they're really unique, and in perfect condition, too.

I say keep one each for you and your hubby, then donate the rest to a charity. No matter how much you may get from eBay, you'll probably feel way better knowing you helped those less fortunate.

And if you have any 'Meat is Murder' shirts in Medium, I'd like to add that I am a needy charity.
I could use a Dead Milkmen shirt.
Never forget, if you love someone you better set them on fire

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Well, since I seem to be playing couselor, why not?

Oh, so completely off-topic posting is acceptable now?  Cool, here's my story for the day:

So I'm a manager at a Hot Topic.  It's really annoying to deal with teenagers who couldn't tell you Bauhaus from Blink-182, but hey, it pays good.  A few months ago, we got in a huge - three dozen, in fact - shipment of vintage Smiths t-shirts.  I don't know where they came from, probably some warehouse that our parent company bought for pennies on the dollar, but they're authentic 80s versions of the shirts.  It's like a goldmine.

Needless to say, not a single one of them has been sold.  Now, we have a policy that stuff that sits on the shelf for that long can be discounted literally as much as the manager feels like, because the only other option is "give them to the Salvation Army".  So I could "buy" them all myself for ten dollars.  Hell, I could just take them home and not pay anything and there's almost literally zero chance they'd even care.  My husband and I are both big fans, but we also do lots of charity work.

Your charity work and the company's perceived attitude are irrelevant in terms of right and wrong. You should pay at least something for the store's merchandise that you're taking. You're the manager, so idk what you'd normally discount them to or anything, but you use your judgment here. 

Now, one of the things we do is teach English to Latino kids in our neighborhood (we live in the Bay Area).  As you probably know, for some reason, Morrissey is really popular with Latino "rocker" teens in LA and the Bay Area.  They'd love to have the shirts!

How many should I keep for us, and how many should we give to the kids?  They're not poor (I mean, no more poor than us or our friends) so it's not like they need clothes.  But neither do we.

I'm thinking keep one of each design for ourselves for personal use and give the rest away.  I know I could sell any of them on eBay for $20 or more, but I just can't bring myself to do that, it seems crass.

Is it terrible for me to want to keep any of them?  My husband and I both already own modern re-screens of old Smiths shirts, but as far as I've been able to find, these are designs that haven't been reprinted, so they're really unique, and in perfect condition, too.

It's not terrible for you to have stuff. If you like the shirts, keep a couple for yourself and your husband. Donate what you want to donate, and give to where you feel it would be best to give them to. 

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

I could use a Dead Milkmen shirt. Never forget, if you love someone you better set them on fire

We actually had a bunch of those back when Dave died, but the kids bought those (probably because they were bright and had dinosaurs on them, I have no idea).

I'm just gonna give them all to the kids we teach, we have like 100 band t-shirts between the two of us and since we're both skinny we wear each others' clothes all the time (hubby looks pretty good in a gypsy-hippie skirt, lol).

For Halloween one time I decided I wanted to go as Ian Curtis. So I put on some skinny jeans, a super-small Joy Division t-shirt, a noose around my neck, and a Hot Topic name badge I borrowed from a friend where I wrote "I WISH I WORKED AT".

The End.
I like KFC grilled chicken breasts and Blink 182, but not Skinny Jeans or chicken thighs and have no idea who Bauhaus is, but I like the font Bauhaus. I'm also now running both Acts of Treason in my current Mindstorm build.

The Beginning, of another losing streak.  
Anybody else playing and enjoying Resident Evil 6 right now? I know it isn't the game it used to be, but i've done all the rest, so I can't bring myself to stop buying and playing them, if only for the over the top story about men with bionic arms who have epic boss fights with stationary boulders. Sadly, the boulder doesn't seem to be back in this one for round two, but now at least there is giant grasshopper people with machine guns and zombies so fat they hide all the rest of the horde from view...
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Anybody else playing and enjoying Resident Evil 6 right now? I know it isn't the game it used to be, but i've done all the rest, so I can't bring myself to stop buying and playing them, if only for the over the top story about men with bionic arms who have epic boss fights with stationary boulders. Sadly, the boulder doesn't seem to be back in this one for round two, but now at least there is giant grasshopper people with machine guns and zombies so fat they hide all the rest of the horde from view...

When I first saw those things I called them kangaroos. I've been playing RE6 as well, started with 4, and I also enjoyed 5. I have my minor gripes about 6, but I'm still enjoying the game. So far though, I've finished Leon's campaign, I'm through ch. 3 on Chris's, and ch.1 on Jake's. Have you ridden the panda and the playground slide in Chris's chapter 1? It's so hilarious and random.

I am Blue/White

@Droneon
My wife bought me a hippie-gypsy skirt at a Big Wu festival years ago. Tell your hubby it's comfortable, and it's easy to take a wizz when your wearing it

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Ahhh, I see now he has already worn one. Kudos to him for not being stupidly self-consious.

Show

Sorry for a triple post but I must explain my spelling and grammer suffers when I use this phone with the little-ass keyboard.
Can't post edit either.
Cheers!

Show

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />@Drone - You're under no obligation to give any of the shirts away. As you've said, the kids aren't poor, and even then a fashion item is hardly going to solve their problems if they were. If you want to help, then sell the shirts and give money to people actually in need.

The point is these are kids that we're friends with, I mean, they're not just random people, they love Moz and they'd love the shirts.  I'd rather give them away to people I know will appreciate them.  That's why we give books we're done reading to friends of ours instead of selling them to used book stores or donating them randomly.

It's not really a moral issue, basically.

When I first saw those things I called them kangaroos. I've been playing RE6 as well, started with 4, and I also enjoyed 5. I have my minor gripes about 6, but I'm still enjoying the game. So far though, I've finished Leon's campaign, I'm through ch. 3 on Chris's, and ch.1 on Jake's. Have you ridden the panda and the playground slide in Chris's chapter 1? It's so hilarious and random.

No, I must have missed that. In truth, i'm bombing through as fast as I can when I get to play, then I can take my time on the harder difficulties. I'm on Jake's last chapter right now, to get the last mercanaries stage, then i'll probably go back through as the other characters to get more of the story and hunt the remaining emblems. Oh, and get an A rank on mercs with Leon...his costume is....Arrrrr. 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Everyone should just sell their RE6 copies and buy Borderlands 2 instead! BL2 is just goty 2012 that game is awesome!

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Everyone should just sell their RE6 copies and buy Borderlands 2 instead! BL2 is just goty 2012 that game is awesome!

Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty this Tuesday!

Journey is only $10 and is not just GOTY 2012 but quite possible the best game of the last 10 years, no lie.

Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty this Tuesday!

Yeah i'm gonna buy my season pass asap! i can't believe how good this game this game is replayability is godlike!

Journey is only $10 and is not just GOTY 2012 but quite possible the best game of the last 10 years, no lie.

Yeah i'm gonna try that game someday, i love artisctic games so i will try to buy it before the end of the year.

I'm loving BL2.  Half way thru TVHM. 

I Am Alive! is $15 on the PSN store.  I played the demo and am really thinking about getting it.  But on the other hand, Every time I have an extra 10 or 20 dollars, I throw it on my Black Ops 2 reservation.

Also; did any of you guys play the Walking Dead video game series?  I thought they were supposed to release all 5 before the TV series started up again?  Did I just miss the release of the final episode and it's sitting in PSN waiting for me?

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

I'm loving BL2.  Half way thru TVHM. 

I Am Alive! is $15 on the PSN store.  I played the demo and am really thinking about getting it.  But on the other hand, Every time I have an extra 10 or 20 dollars, I throw it on my Black Ops 2 reservation.

Also; did any of you guys play the Walking Dead video game series?  I thought they were supposed to release all 5 before the TV series started up again?  Did I just miss the release of the final episode and it's sitting in PSN waiting for me?

I didn't personally play it, but I've been watching a youtuber by the name of MaximusBlack do a playthrough and it has been awesome. 

The iPhone is perfect for people who want an easy to use, multifunction device. Android is a little more user intensive, but can do anything that iOS can do. DoTP developers, give us Duels 2014 on Android! My nexus 7/Galaxy Note 2 is easily capable of handling it if my 4 year old gateway laptop can.

Also; did any of you guys play the Walking Dead video game series?

Amazing!! My GOTY. Probably more of an interactive adventure. Writing is fantastic. I like it as much as the TV Series.

Only negative is gamepad doesn't work with Windows 8 :/ So I had to buy it for Xbox. At least I get achievements, but I prefer the PC for that one, performance-wise.
The Walking Dead game is way better than the comic, and actually better-written and voice-acted than the show, which must be embarrassing for AMC.  I actually liked season 2 of the show more than most people, but it was still pretty "meh".  Season 3 is off to a good start though.

Episode 4 (of 5) of the game just came out, they're releasing all 5 episodes on disc on Dec. 4th so presumably episode 5 will be out around then.  They've also said there will be a Season 2 of the game.
@Droneon

Go Cardinals!!!!

:p

Show

The Walking Dead game is way better than the comic, and actually better-written and voice-acted than the show, which must be embarrassing for AMC.  I actually liked season 2 of the show more than most people, but it was still pretty "meh".  Season 3 is off to a good start though.

I don't know anyone who doesn't absolutely love both seasons of the show....  I am confused by your statement.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

I don't know anyone who doesn't absolutely love both seasons of the show....  I am confused by your statement.

Then you don't know many people.

Season 2 was terrible and received tons of complaints from fans and critics alike.

I don't know anyone who wasn't disappointed by season 2. Season 1 was much higher quality.

Season 2 was terrible and received tons of complaints from fans and critics alike.

I don't know anyone who wasn't disappointed by season 2. Season 1 was much higher quality.

Meh.  Critics are never happy.  And any group of unhappy fans is going to be louder than the happy fans, even if they are out numbered.  The dozen or so people I know that watch the show, all have good comments about S2.

You're a lose cannon.

Meh.  Critics are never happy.  And any group of unhappy fans is going to be louder than the happy fans, even if they are out numbered.  The dozen or so people I know that watch the show, all have good comments about S2.

Here is how the Walking Dead went:

Pilot Episode: Unbeleivably amazing. Good movie like quality. Next 6 episodes went down hill from there and it culminated with that tragedy of an episode at the CDC. Stil lwasn't a bad season. Overall, season one was a good show but I think the pilot set the bar to high!

Season 2 was very boring most of the season. The excessive search for Sofia ruined it. Nothing happened.They spent 75% of season two "searching" for Sophia on a farm that should have been just a pit stop on their way to the prison. A complete lack of zombies and action....Lori just incessantly whining and making the show unwatchable...

Until Shane opened the barn door. it was at that point that the show returned to Pilot form. Shane did an amazing job in that scene and obviousy Rick killing Shane, etc....the death of Dale and so on...good tv writing...

To be quite honest, Shane died in comic number 5, and he was killed by Carl, not Rick so he should have been dead the first episode, but he was the saving grace of season 2. It would have just about been unbearable without him. His transformation and acting were extremely well done.

Season 2 of TWD ended very well so its easy for fans to praise S2 if they tend to remember what happened most recently and ignore the horde of zombie-less episodes and silly things like the lookout on the RV not spotting an entire stampede of slow moing walkers in a post-apocalyptic world...which led to Sofia going missing...
Just a quick question why do people think BL2 is the best thing since sliced bread i have played both and thought they were both awfull games. Im finding it hard to see why people rave about them other than what i like to call "death of gaming syndrome"
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best
Just a quick question why do people think BL2 is the best thing since sliced bread i have played both and thought they were both awfull games. Im finding it hard to see why people rave about them other than what i like to call "death of gaming syndrome"

Well, in two words at least:

Handsome Jack.

Hint: he's one of the most compelling and entertaining villains ever created for any medium.
What's BL2? How can you distinguish game titles by stinging together the first letters?
What's BL2? How can you distinguish game titles by stinging together the first letters?

Borderlands 2.

And I know it because I've been playing it every day since it's release.
Sign In to post comments