How does swarm druid work with summon natural ally?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
The summon natural ally power states that you can summon a creature associated with your primal aspect (Primal Guardian or Primal Predator). The call to the wild feat lets you replace a daily power with summon natural ally. So how does this work with the Primal Swarm aspect? Is there a seperate set of usable summons for swarm druids? Do they use the Primal Guardian set because of common CON focus? Or are they unable to use summon natural ally due to a lack of assaciated creatures?
Try the rules forum for question on the rules.
So how does this work with the Primal Swarm aspect? Is there a seperate set of usable summons for swarm druids?

No, there's no set for swarms.  Summon Natural Ally is for the protector druid, and they designed it so it's backwards-compatible with a couple other druid builds, but not the swarm build.  You're better off just taking a summon from the regular druid dailies - I think in many cases they're actually better anyway.

And since this is the CharOp forum, I feel it's my duty to add you probably should pick a different build.  Swarms have AC issues and their damage reduction does not make up for it.  If you get into late heroic and beyond, you'll have major issues unless you do something weird like hybrid with serene runepriest or something.
Sign In to post comments