Set Question

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey. So, in a 150 card set, what would be the distribution between the types?
Clarifying, how many cards of each type would there be?
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah
depends on the set
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Whatever they want
it depends

for example DKA: 158 cards (12 Mythic Rare, 38 Rare, 44 Uncommon, 64 Common, 0 Basic Land)
proud member of the 2011 community team
It's a general rule that and get less than 50% creatures, because they are the sorcery slinging colors. The reverse is true for and . Every color generally gets at least 40% noncreature spells (instants, sorceries, enchantments, etc.) and 40% creatures though.
Legions had a total of 145 cards, all creatures. So yeah, it totally depends on what Wizards wants in the set.

I have started up a Draft experiment in the Limited forums. If you're interested in Draft, come and check it out. The second packs have just been opened!

http://community.wizards.com/forum/limited-sealed-and-draft/threads/4206961

(It will go on for many more weeks, probably until end of July)

Once again aced the Rules Advisor test (Feb 2015). (I still make mistakes now and then, but who doesn't.)

"Simple questions" usually need rather complex answers, while complex questions often come down to no more than a simple "yes" or "no".

Legions had a total of 145 cards, all creatures. So yeah, it totally depends on what Wizards wants in the set.

That's incredibly far from a modern set though.

That's incredibly far from a modern set though.

and?
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it
It's a general rule that and get less than 50% creatures, because they are the sorcery slinging colors. The reverse is true for and . Every color generally gets at least 40% noncreature spells (instants, sorceries, enchantments, etc.) and 40% creatures though.

Black gets somewhere in-between. Black's actually mechanically closest to green and white, when you think about it. (Lifegain, graveyard focus, +1/+1 counters, creature focus.)

White gets more enchantments, as a rule, and from there, it roughly goes blue/green, black, red.

If a land produces colored mana, Lorwyn notwithstanding, it'll be a cycle. (Lorwyn was doing a tribal cycle.)

Blue and red get more instants and sorceries, and of them, blue gets the most instants, just because you can't do counterspells at sorcery speed.

Artifacts are generally colorless because you don't need to know Pascal to use the internet, though some sets make exceptions. Consider a monogreen artifact like Birthing Pod a sure sign something's really warped.

Planeswalkers are generally in a cycle, though Scars abandoned that model, and Alara went with a Bant walker, an Esper walker, a Grixis walker, a Jund walker, and a Naya walker who isn't even green.

Each block may change it up. There will be more creatures in a tribal block, and more artifacts in an artifact block, for obvious reasons. Zendikar had a lot more lands than normal.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments