CB Implement:Hammer help

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am using the character builder to make a Dwarf Invoker with the "Implement Expertise: Hammer" feat (so that he can cast his powers with his hammer). But the power cards don't reflect any change when I add this feat and equip an appropriate weapon; they still say "Unarmed" and don't add the bonus. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? 
You need to find a way to gain implement proficiency with hammers.  I'm not sure how to go about that on an Invoker, though.
You need to find a way to gain implement proficiency with hammers.  I'm not sure how to go about that on an Invoker, though.

I see, the dwarven racial hammer proficiency is only affecting its use as a WEAPON, not an implement? That makes sense (kind of).

Being a dwarf makes you proficient with the weapon. It doesn't give you the ability to use it as an implement, which is a function of your class, not your race. Proficiency with an implement (or weapon used as an implement) is either imparted by the features of your class or gained through an implement proficiency feat (Implement Expertise does not give you proficiency with an implement, it only improves your chance to hit if you already are proficient) or a multiclassing feat. I'm not sure how to gain proficiency with a hammer an an implement as an invoker, either.

There are, however, several magic weapon enchantments available for hammers that allow you to use them as a holy symbol for divine powers, and you could gain proficiency with holy symbols through a paladin or cleric multiclass feat.

(Also note, the proficiency bonus of a weapon only applies to weapon attacks made with the weapon, not implement attacks...)

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...