2x Curse of Death's Hold
3x Abrupt Decay
1x Oblivion Ring
2x Sever the Bloodline
2x Golgari Charm
2x Selesnya Charm
3x Cremate

Why Junk-Walkers?

With the new standard format of INN/RTR this deck has got some very good toys to play with, while we do not have Gideon Jura, we do have Vraska to take his place, and a plethora of removal and stall at our disposal to keep those planeswalkers on the field generating massive CA. This deck also, while viewed as "control" is not a typical "reactive" deck where it can win the attrition war against control and other mid-range decks with Lingering Souls/Selesnya Keyrune/Sorin and/or Garruk, generating many bodies to gradually bring the opposing decks down.

This deck has access to three colors, and many of the utility/removal/creatures in those various colors, it will only get better as a deck with Gate-crash, but can easily be a force in the current one. With an adaptable play-style Junk Walkers has the tools to be a contender.

Card choices:

After some of the changes in the previous thread, many helpful contributors to this arch-type made some very good changes to put it in a better direction:

Selesnya Keyrune- A great ramp tool and an amazing body that can come online whenever needed, will certainly handle the faster aggro decks, and a 3/3 body can help win the race against control. Very great card for protecting your walkers, or yourself!

Lingering Souls- Another great tool for stalling and protecting your walkers and stopping an early rush down from aggressive decks.

Tribute to Hunger/Oblivion Ring/Tragic Slip - Removal, Removal, Removal!

Terminus- Sitting at a 3 of in this deck it will certainly help against hexproof monsters (Geist, Sigarda) but will also on the luck chance Miracle saving you and putting you way ahead of the aggressive deck. Especially will be great against zombies.

Thragtusk - Amazing creature for it's cost, will help greatly put you at good health after an early rush and/or damage from Shock-lands.

The Walkers:

Vraska/Liliana/Garruk: All play a pivotal role in this deck, these are removal and/or win conditions for you, Vraska can take out anything you need to while Liliana can get rid of creatures as well as Garruk. With the stalling of lingering souls tokens there is plenty of time to get the most out of these planeswalkers.

Sorin/Garruk: War of Attrition against other mid-range and control decks, or could simply put bodies in front of an aggro players attackers.

There has been a debate about Liliana and Sorin and which one will perform, currently it's an undefined meta to tell, it's really all about preference? I think if you'd rather curve out with walkers a bit better, Liliana will do just that, but Sorin brings stall and life-linking blockers to the table to help stabilize, this slot has been debated in previous threads.

Other Choices to Consider/Debatable:

Restoration Angel: Plays very nicely with Thragtusk, but not able to play well with any other creature. Could be a good Alternative if Elvish Visionary decides to be worth it Main deck.

Elvish Visionary: Could be played over Sign in Blood, little better on mana, but doesn't let you dig 2 cards, could help with life-loss against zombies? Again, a debatable card over the Sign in Blood slot.

Tragic Slip: Does it deserve to be main-decked? I think so, chumping with soul tokens/any other body can take out any creature without hexproof.

Sideboarding:

All up in the air right now! Things to consider:

Aburpt Decay: Uncounterable Removal, could really be a big help against certain match ups.

Loxodon Smiter: Can easily bring this in against other control decks, though vanilla, could prove to be useful against counters. Time will tell.

Charms: Golgari and Selesnya are both very potent, could use one, both or none, the meta will only tell.

Curse of Death's Hold: Probably a MUST in your Side at least, this card is very potent and will be the key to victory in the aggro matches, could be brought in against other mid-range decks if need be.

i really do like the concept, but not the execution.  i think some of these numbers could be better.

i'm not really going to go all-out in depth or anything, but i would think running 4 thragtusks is where you want to be.

feels sorta light on PWs, for a PWs deck.  then again, you aren't necessarily just a PWs deck, but i think you could stand to run another sorin, but vraska probably should only be a 1-of, at least maindeck.  its slow.

you want 4 farseeks, the deck needs a lot of mana in play to function.  maybe even want another land, tbh.

i don't know if i like entreat in here, but i could be totally wrong on this.

you probably want the full 4 terminus.  i could see this being too slow against zombies, but terminus would go a long way to help (along your lifegain dudes)

i'm not a huge fan of tribute to hunger, sacrifice effects aren't going to be as good as they once were.  maybe another oblivion ring though.

these are just a few things off the top of my head              

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Sign In to post comments