mono red burn

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've updated my burn deck and figured i'd share it with you guys

land                                                                 SB
Mountain x16 (will probably go 18-20)               Shattering Spree x4
                                                                      Sowing Salt x4
creatures (8)                                                   (rest work in progress)
Spark Elemental x4
Guttersnipe x4

Burn (28)
Lightning Bolt x4
Rift Bolt x4
Lava Spike x4
Incenerate x4
Volcanic Hammer x4
Magma Jet x4
Browbeat x4

Other spells (8)
Desperate Ritual x4
Crack The Earth x4                     

might go with gutshot over CTE since GS is almost a free char and vexing devil would probably be a replacement to spark elemental.
I'm just curious what others think about desperate ritual since it's only purpose is to get guttersnipe or browbeat off 2nd turn.
I don't mind the idea of desperate ritual... but if you have 3 lands save it for turn 3 for guttersnipe then you can drop in guttersnipe an fire of a burn spell right away. IE Lightning bolt hits for 5 on turn 3, then even if they hit it with removal, you got value out of it. 
I think today's articles included a look at burn.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

awesome thanks guys, yeah I've been looking around for competitive burn decks in modern on a budget but most of them seem to be dark burn builds and atm I do not have a job to pay for bobs, fetches, or shocklands I did have most of the cards for mono red burn though and figured why not I was just lacking the browbeats ($5 for a set of foils), Lightning Bolts, and 2 rift bolts on top of the snipes but I got away with spending around $14 on all of it. I might go with some gutteral responses in SB and maybe needle drop & gut shot MB instead of incenerate & volcanic hammer not sure yet. And yeah Craig that does sound like an idea I mean I perfer dropping him 2nd turn for a 3rd - 4th turn win but either way it goes the deck seems to solo win 90% of the time on turn 5 and about 45% on turn 3-4 but I have not played it 1 on 1 yet unfortunitely. and pig i'll take a look   
Everyone is just looking for a reasion to stuff bob in every deck.

burn does not need him.

Its more like a rdw in modern though I would not play shard volley its just bad and wotc knew that when they printed it.

Give us new bolts damn it.
Decks I play
Show
Legacy TezzFinityLegacy BurnModern Infect(need to break it) T2-dead
[sblock]
57307308 wrote:
Yes, but DOES HE PEE COLOURLESS MANA?
144543765 wrote:
144018173 wrote:
Serra Angel Serra Sphinx Serra Spider Though Vigilance is a poor fit for red, so I'm not sure if we'll ever see Serra Dragon. I could see Serra Demon, though.
Black Serra creature would have vigilance and fear. It would basically be Batman.
[//sblock]
All burn wants maximum fetchlands

No, it really doesn't...

If you are doing it correctly you will play 4 Grim Lavamancers 8 fetchlands and 4 Searing Blaze. Or you can do a home brew and never win vs a serious opponent/deck.
More like 2~3 Grims. Also the fetchlands lower your % of drawing lands and not creatures/burn.

Also I'd lower the Shard Volley count to 2 and add 1 of that miracle burn. 
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

No, it really doesn't...

Why would you not run maximum amount of fetchlands they allow you to run like fewer black sources with bump in the night and it filters the lands so you have a better chance to not draw dead
Uh, the title says "MONO red burn", so I just assumed that you were talking about, well, mono red burn...
I hate dogs.