Playtester Profile - WotC Josh

Hey Josh ! Good interview!

I'm looking forward to the Paladin and Warlord too :P
I'm definitly looking forward to the Warlord/Marshal class and wondering how they'll create something that's useful and helpful like a Cleric but not magical. I'm dreadfully frightened of their rendition of the Paladin. It has, thus far, been my favorite class of Dungeons and Dragons going all the way back to when I started playing in the late 90's and the class has only become better as each edition has passed. All I can hope for is that they don't base it off of Alignment. Please, whatever you (WotC) decide to do, DON'T base the features off of Alignment or make a Magical horse the center-aspect of the class. If they can do that, i'll be happy.  
'm dreadfully frightened of their rendition of the Paladin. It has, thus far, been my favorite class of Dungeons and Dragons going all the way back to when I started playing in the late 90's and the class has only become better as each edition has passed. All I can hope for is that they don't base it off of Alignment. Please, whatever you (WotC) decide to do, DON'T base the features off of Alignment or make a Magical horse the center-aspect of the class. If they can do that, i'll be happy.  

Amen to that. My first character in 2e was a Paladin (I had to cheat to meet the stat requirements), and I've really enjoyed the way the class has evolved over time, so I hope they don't try to turn the clock back with Next.

My first character in 2e was a Paladin (I had to cheat to meet the stat requirements)

Lol I love that the first thing you did as Paragon was cheat...  hehe  Way to uphold the ideals of the class! 

Man I was all prepared to bicker about choosing to interview a Wizards employee for the playtest profile, but then I read that he's a fan of warlords -- like me! -- and I forgave them.
My first character in 2e was a Paladin (I had to cheat to meet the stat requirements)

Lol I love that the first thing you did as Paragon was cheat...  hehe  Way to uphold the ideals of the class! 

Funny thing is, the rest of us just rolled 100 times until we finally got the scores needed to make a Paladin.

∴ "Virtus junxit, mors non separabit." 

I think it's pretty illustrative of the edition wars that they even reach WOTC employees.  

I would have liked some feats or something like them that allowed a fighter at higher levels to develop some warlord command abilities.  (Not Healing).  To me a Warlord is what some fighters become.  But thats probably true for Paladin and Ranger too so I suppose it's not the end of the world.

My Blog which includes my Hobby Award Winning articles.

Funny thing is, the rest of us just rolled 100 times until we finally got the scores needed to make a Paladin.

Lol, yeah that is how a real player rolled their character - it was always legit even if it took all night. 

Member of the Axis of Awesome

Show
Homogenising: Making vanilla in 31 different colours
"Lol, yeah that is how a real player rolled their character - it was always legit even if it took all night."

Heh. My first computer program - in the punch card days, yesI'moldshutup - was a program to randomly generate page after page of groups of 6 3d6 rolls.

I was going to get a Paladin if it took all night in the Computer Lab!
I'm definitly looking forward to the Warlord/Marshal class and wondering how they'll create something that's useful and helpful like a Cleric but not magical. I'm dreadfully frightened of their rendition of the Paladin. It has, thus far, been my favorite class of Dungeons and Dragons going all the way back to when I started playing in the late 90's and the class has only become better as each edition has passed. All I can hope for is that they don't base it off of Alignment. Please, whatever you (WotC) decide to do, DON'T base the features off of Alignment or make a Magical horse the center-aspect of the class. If they can do that, i'll be happy.

I hope the magical pony stays, but also hope that it exists as one of many optional progressions. -- History, nostalgia, and all that.

Danny

Man I was all prepared to bicker about choosing to interview a Wizards employee for the playtest profile, but then I read that he's a fan of warlords -- like me! -- and I forgave them.

I read the article and I had to stop and blink for 5 minutes.
A WotC personnel actually reads the threads here... and gave them some screen time...
I... um... well, apologies are due on my part and rendered.

Good to get a glimpse inside the operations. 
I am in large agreement that availability of Healing is an excellent target for modularity.  
I have an answer for you, it may even be the truth.
Great interview!
Sign In to post comments