2012 / 2013 Premium Editions - Release Schedule

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am taking the opportunity to restock my D&D book collection and don't want to miss any reprints.  So thought I would put a list together. Can you please add to the list as news comes out.

So far we have -  (taken from Amazon website)

Original Edition (0D&D)

www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786964650/ref... Premium Original Dungeons Dragons (D&D Boxed Game)     (Nov 19, 2013)

1st Edition

D&D 1st Edition Premium Dungeon Masters (Dungeons & Dragons Guide) (Jul 17, 2012) 
D&D 1st Edition Premium Monster Manual (Dungeons & Dragons Guide) (Jul 17, 2012) 
D&D 1st Edition Premium Players Handbook (Dungeons & Dragons Guide)  (Jul 17, 2012)
Premium 1st Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Unearthed Arcana (D&D Accessory) (Feb 19, 2013) 
www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dread-Classic-Ad... "(S1 - S4)" Series Classic Adventure Compilation [Hardcover] (March 19, 2013)
www.amazon.com/Against-Slave-Lords-Adven..."(A0 - A4)"Against the Slave Lords Classic Adventure Compilation [Hardcover] (June 18, 2013)

2nd Edition 

Premium 2nd Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D Core Rulebook) (May 21, 2013)
Premium 2nd Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Monstrous Manual (D&D Core Rulebook) (May 21, 2013) 
Premium 2nd Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook (D&D Core Rulebook) (May 21, 2013) 

3.5 Edition

Premium 3.5 Edition Dungeons & Dragons Spell Compendium (D&D Accessory) (Apr 16, 2013)
Premium 3.5 Edition Dungeons & Dragons Magic Item Compendium (D&D Accessory) (Jul 06, 2013) 
Premium Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Monster Manual with Errata (Sep 18, 2012) 
Premium Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Player's Handbook with Errata (Sep 18, 2012) 
Premium Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon 3.5 Master's Guide with Errata (Sep 18, 2012)

This is a great list, thanks for putting this together. Please add to it as more reprints are announced.
Very nice list,  thank you!

You're not listing the module reprints?  Just the core books? 
Makes sense to add the modules (and anything else), for 1st 2nd & 3rd ed D&D  Laughing

Add your updates my fellow roleplayers, and I will add to the list.

Although, it would make even more sense for Wizards to have an official list !

Have added the 2 Hardback modules -

Dungeons of Dread: "S" Series Classic Adventure Compilation: (S1 - S4) (D&D Adventure) [Hardcover] (March 19, 2013)

Against the Slave Lords: "A" Series Classic Adventure Compilation: (A0 - A4) (D&D Adventure) [Hardcover] (June 18, 2013)

Happy memories Smile 

Have added the 2 Hardback modules -

Dungeons of Dread: "S" Series Classic Adventure Compilation: (S1 - S4) (D&D Adventure) [Hardcover] (March 19, 2013)

Against the Slave Lords: "A" Series Classic Adventure Compilation: (A0 - A4) (D&D Adventure) [Hardcover] (June 18, 2013)

Happy memories Smile 

I gotta tell you, I'm both intrigued and interested as to how the artwork will be done for these.

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

WoTC you have redeamed yourself!  Good On yeah.. This is so awsome.  Im so glad they are pushing the 2nd edition books, I can't wait to have them in my hot little hand.  My old books are litterly disinigrating, can't wait to repalce them.

Oh and the Against The Slave Lords reprint... freaking awsomesauce!... Please I beg you Wizards... Temple of Elemental Evil... do it... do it.. don't think.. just do it...

My Blog (The Gamers Think Tank)

"Edition wars like all debates exist because people like debates"

I’ve removed content from this thread because vulgarities (even masked or abbreviated) are a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Post button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

WoTC you have redeamed yourself! 

I second this. Hardcover module series reprints is an awesome idea and add me as a vote for Temple of Elemental Evil.

I still have my 30 year old paperback versions of T1-4, A1-4 and S1-4 but I would so buy hardcover versions of all three. Brilliant! 

I am curious. Is this going to be a reprint of Scourge of the Slave Lords? Or is this going to be a reprint of the original lower level modules?
Thanks.

Thanks Ashranfirebrand,

Updated the list    
Nice to see it all in one place. Bit of a shame though that they did 2e so soon after 1e. It's my preferred edition between the two, but they're actually mostly redundant. Would have been better to see the Rules Cyclopedia reprinted first, as there's more difference between it and 1e than there is between 1e and 2e. 

I am curious. Is this going to be a reprint of Scourge of the Slave Lords? Or is this going to be a reprint of the original lower level modules?
Thanks.

I was wondering the same, and similarly, if the S-series reprint is going to be the originals or the Realms of Horror compliation (which was missing a bunch of stuff).

Edit: I also notice there are no links for the modules in the OP. Here they are:

www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dread-Classic-Ad...

www.amazon.com/Against-Slave-Lords-Adven...

Oh and the Against The Slave Lords reprint... freaking awsomesauce!... Please I beg you Wizards... Temple of Elemental Evil... do it... do it.. don't think.. just do it...

Seriously this is the best way for WotC to get my money. Reprint ToEE and the GDQ series. I will buy them so fast it will make my head spin and my wife take my credit cards away. I've already preordered the A- and S-series hardcovers.
A0?  A new AD&D adventure?
A0?  A new AD&D adventure?

Yup. Pretty exciting.
Hi Quasadu,

Have updated, but i am not sure if I got the links in properly (not tech minded at all!)

but thanks for letting me know  Smile

I can only hope they'll rerelease Mystara some time in the future, I'd even like to see it updated to include newer editions and concepts like dragonborn and the feywild.

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

Also check out my books at 5mwd.com/publishingIncluding Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuildinga compilation of my blog series on Worldbuilding.

WOW!!!  0ED wood-box with all books and dice!!!  I will definitly buy this!!!
Now there's this:
 www.wizards.com/DnD/Product.aspx?x=dnd/p...

WOW It look great!

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

I'd like to see a confirmation that it really will be a wooden box. WotC doesn't state that in the listing, and a wooden box would be a big feature to talk about. It *looks* like a wooden box, but it could easily be chipboard with a wrap.  At 150 bucks, I'd guess a wooden box is possible, but they also just charged $50 for little ol' Unearthed Arcana. My personal opinion is that it will not be wooden, but hope I'm wrong!
That's going on my Christmas list. Wow.

I'd like to see a confirmation that it really will be a wooden box. WotC doesn't state that in the listing, and a wooden box would be a big feature to talk about. It *looks* like a wooden box, but it could easily be chipboard with a wrap.  At 150 bucks, I'd guess a wooden box is possible, but they also just charged $50 for little ol' Unearthed Arcana. My personal opinion is that it will not be wooden, but hope I'm wrong!

Agreed. I'd feel a lot better if the preview even mentioned the box, and the whole thing didn't looks so obviously photoshopped. 

After sleeping on this I'm less sold.
The books are the main selling feature. Six half-sized 60-odd paged books. There's not that many more total pages than your average hardcover book, but with far cheaper binding costs. No fancy covers, gilded pages, or even colour art just folded and stapled. Given the price of the Dragonborn and Tieflings books $10 per book would be fair. So half the price is the box, but that's not what's being sold. The description doesn't mention the box, or dice, or other features. Those could be subject to change. 
But ignoring because you can envision the thought process. The booklettes themselves are hard to make fancy without changing their formatting. So the best way to make them a "premium" reprint is to make the box fancy. 

One of the neat things of the premium reprints is giving people nice new copy of an old book they have nostalgia for, possibly with superior binding. Quite often the reprint is more expensive than a second-hand copy on Amazon or eBay. 
But the same cannot be said for the original White Box. It's too expensive and rare to find used copies. This might very well be the only time people will be able to see and hold those booklettes. But they won't because it's freakin' expensive. I can't drop $200 for this, even as a lovely piece for my shelf. It's tempting but I'll have too many other expenses, especially around the release date (aka just before the holidays).

It woud be nice to have two versions of this. Ones boxed in a plain yet solid cardboard box (like that of the Red Box), an affordable version for people who just want a copy. And then you have the super-deluxe version for people who want the extra fancy version.
I imagine a compromise would be PDFs for the books. I should be able to get them printed at Staples for cheap enough. 

Also check out my books at 5mwd.com/publishingIncluding Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuildinga compilation of my blog series on Worldbuilding.

Yea, I hope it's wooden.  But Wizards will probably make it plastic with a wooden look.  It seems all things now adays all things are made cheap with an expensive price tag.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/1.jpg)

nerdworld.blog.com

@Plaguescarred Is the new OD&D Premium Box made of Wood ?
@mikemearls Yes, it is wooden.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Amazon's got the Wood Box (that's what I'm calling it now) listed for preorder, currently at $104, with their usual preorder guarantee that if the discount increases, you will pay whatever their lowest price ends up being.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786964650/ref...

Just picked up the first edition DMG, MM and PHB , so excited to read them, I never had a chance the play this version so it will be all new to me.

Really glad this thread exists too, I had read these were being reprinted but totally forgot until I saw this today. Had to call around town to find some place that still had copies but I found some.

time to make some earl grey and read 

Amazon's got the Wood Box (that's what I'm calling it now) listed for preorder, currently at $104, with their usual preorder guarantee that if the discount increases, you will pay whatever their lowest price ends up being.

Wish is was on Amazon.ca...

You Learn Something New Every Day!
They just posted the covers for the 2e premiums. They look incredible!

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

As far as 2nd edition premium goes: I love the green color of the premuim books but the weak 90's Easley broken hand art is lame. These should have had the 1989 art. The Art choice covers in black border are like 6 dollars and up used on amazon. Btw the premuims are only 32 bucks and change right now as a pre order there. thumbs way down on the art. Bungled that one wotc. I hope the interior is worth forking over the money..
As far as 2nd edition premium goes: I love the green color of the premuim books but the weak 90's Easley broken hand art is lame. These should have had the 1989 art. The Art choice covers in black border are like 6 dollars and up used on amazon. Btw the premuims are only 32 bucks and change right now as a pre order there. thumbs way down on the art. Bungled that one wotc. I hope the interior is worth forking over the money..

I do agree that they should have used the 1989 versions, they were better formatted and had way better artwork (frankly, the 89 2e DMG has the best cover art of all D&D books IMO). But the premium covers, with the gold-laced logo & green leather look are pretty cool. 

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Wish is was on Amazon.ca...

And now it is on Amazon.ca!

Thanks Quasadu,

Have added the Original D&D box, to the list.  (I seem to have stopped receiving updates to this thread, so I missed your update).  
Knowing I wouldn't have it in November, I have already squirreled away the cash for the OD&D premium wood box.

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Nice to see it all in one place. Bit of a shame though that they did 2e so soon after 1e. It's my preferred edition between the two, but they're actually mostly redundant. Would have been better to see the Rules Cyclopedia reprinted first, as there's more difference between it and 1e than there is between 1e and 2e. 

I would absolutely love to have a new erattaed Premium D&D Rules Cyclopedia as well as a Hardbound premium edition collecting the books from the boxed set together. This is my favorite D&D rulebook and it has seen so much use over the years (and it's still active) that I would love to get the chance to have erattaed versions. So much so in fact that I would likely buy two or three copies of each just so I can have another waiting in the wings until the first one wears out.

i for one would like a reprint of the rules cyclopedia or at least the BECMI set that comprised it
I would just like to add my voice to this thread, approving of WOTC on these reprints.  I was able to grab the 1st edition books, which I had waited far too long on, online.  The 2nd edition books were purchased from a brick and mortar.  While the 2nd edition books are indeed beautiful, it is the 1st edition books which put a huge grin on my face.  Gary would be proud, and I think he would be touched by the sentiment.  No matter what the real reason was, just to see these books alive again, brand new, and so gloriously reprinted, was touching.  It's the 1st edition books that really are special to me, but again, you did a fantastic job on the 2nd edition as well.

I hope to pick up the 3.5 books, and the OD&D wooden box set, as well.  Maybe 4th will get a reprint, as well?  I haven't even played 4th, except for the Basic Set (had to get that, it reminded me of my first D&D product, the original basic Red box).

Anyway, just wanted to give a thumbs up to WOTC.  You guys really are doing an amazing job on these reprints.  My favorite is probably Unearthed Arcana, always loved that tome, and it's original cover.  The Barbarian was a personal favorite, for quite a long period of time, lol. 

Good show, and can't wait for D&D Next!
Hi, 

Have updated, as has been posted elsewhere, the “Premium 3.5 Edition Dungeons & Dragons Magic Item Compendium” has unfortunately been reprinted without the updated errata -

here is the link to download the Errata

quick question regarding the od&d reprint: it appears the wood box art/engravings have changed?  

if you look at what's on the WOTC site now compared to Amazon (or places that posted the pic with the announcement, like Wired Magazine), or the original WOTC announcement, there's a noticeable difference.  IMHO it is NOT for the better.  The original engravings on the box were simpler and harkened back to the old school days.  The new box has color art, etc., that seems out of place.

i hope the previous new version will be available instead...