DLCR: Archweaver

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays RtR card to rate is...

Archweaver

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what pack.
4.5: First pick pack 1.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color.
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me to this color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

Truth be told I'm not liking this card very much right now.  It just seems to expensive and I would much rather have vigilance then trample on something like this.  I mean I guess if you're low on playables you could do worse then this but I don't value this guy highly at all.

1-1.5

Discuss! 
I really don't like 7 drops unless they are bombs.  So just a 1 for me.
Ugh, not sure I'll ever run this guy.

7 drops are reserved for 'you win the game' cards.  Not slightly larger giant spiders.

Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
This was my 23rd card at prerelease. I played it once. 

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

I think this is a 1.0. You need more out of something that costs that much to get value out of it. Even Archangel was tough to play and that was an objectively better card.
1. With several playable counter-spells and a lot of fast decks, I don't see why this would ever make the cut, but I suspect some decks will have to run it out of necessity. Poor them.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
1.0  Funny thing.  Looking up 5/5 for 7 CMC in green, this is one of 3 non-rare creatures and the worst of them.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
D / D+
It's filler if you really need it I guess. I'm already missing when this had vigilance and costed two less.
Sign In to post comments