UK: North East England - Durham & Tyne and Wear area

32 posts / 0 new
Last post

Group seeks new members, DM's and players both!

Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays preferred, plus weekend afternoons.

4e or 3.5e campaigns, all welcome!

D&D Encounters events planned October through December.

D&D Lair Assault events for future games.

PM or reply please.

Hi,

I live in Durham and have been looking for a local group for ages!!

Mark   
I'm very interested.

I would be greatful. If we could discuss further. Contact me at Cmatt179@gmail.com 
I'm very interested.

I would be greatful. If we could discuss further. Contact me at Cmatt179@gmail.com 

Hi evilnoodle,

Sorry for the late reply: I have found a group in county durham which I am intersted in so let me know if you want to go.

Mark     
Hey, I'm also looking for a group to join.
Would you mind if i ask for details and if i could tag along?
drop me an email : taylor.johnston@live.co.uk

Taylor
Hey, I'm also looking for a group to join.
Would you mind if i ask for details and if i could tag along?
drop me an email : taylor.johnston@live.co.uk

Taylor

Hi,

Thats two people interested! It would be great if we could get a group going but we need a DM. Anyone interested?

I am an old player of D&D from the 8-s and am still considering the new rules. It is a bit more playable from first level but I dont like all the changes...

Any way I am just getting in touch.

Mark        
I quite like the sound of this myself.

I don't live too far away, but still quite new to RPing myself.

So... Yeah, any info would be appreciated.

Ste
I quite like the sound of this myself.

I don't live too far away, but still quite new to RPing myself.

So... Yeah, any info would be appreciated.

Ste

Hi,

That is three of us! All we need noe is a DM.

Mark  
Good show.

I just hope it doesn't take too long for us to find one...

Ste 
Hey Ste, could I ask yourself and noodle to email me when you get a chance. Just to stay in touch and what not. Lets hope a DM is close!
how often do you think the group should meet? i am keen to play regular so maybe twice a week?

Also i remember the game from the version one rules and like to have a chat about the changes if thats ok?

i think we should meet first to draw up characters and get to know one another.

The problem is recent scenerios are designed with the latest rules...

Any way let me know your opinions.

Mark     
how often do you think the group should meet? i am keen to play regular so maybe twice a week?

Also i remember the game from the version one rules and like to have a chat about the changes if thats ok?

i think we should meet first to draw up characters and get to know one another.

The problem is recent scenerios are designed with the latest rules...

Any way let me know your opinions.

Mark     

Agreed. 

I'm new to D&D, so I'd benefit from the rules being made clear, and I think getting to know each other before the actual sessions start is a really good idea.  

As long as we all know where we stand with the rules, we can pick bits up as we go along.

Just need a DM, and we're set.

Ste 
Hi all,

Has anyone heard from evil noodle yet?

I think 3 to 4 players plus a Dm is a good size for a group?

I am interested in playing a wizard and have just about understood the new rules for magic.

We need a cleric and a thief I think, and of course a fighter or two. we might have to play more than one character each?

That makes for a large party though?   

Also we need a Dm who is experienced and who explain the bits we dont about?

Any thoughts?

Mark      
I can only apologise for my lack of consistency, I've had some stuff to deal with this past month, but no, I haven't heard from anyone else.

Leave the fighter up to me, it's... more my playstyle.

I'm not a hundred per cent sure about multiple characters each, especially when some of us are new to the system here, but I guess we can leave that up to the DM and the individual player to decide.

An experienced DM, I believe, would be the best we could hope for, but the chances of actually finding one are pretty much against us, I think. Not unless someone knows someone?

Still, I'm keeping my ears out, and hopefully we should find someone soon.

Ste

Hi Iron Tactician,

I have just heard from Taylor and he is keen for a meet up.

I am keen another player as well as the DM but three of us would do.

In my experience I think any group needs a couple of fighter so maybe the DM could allow an NPC.

Mark

I like the idea of the meet-up.

I think getting to know each other would be a pretty wise move.

So, yeah, any ideas come up, keep me informed.

Ste 
Taylor is keen to play a cleric.

great!

We only need a theif now and maybe another fighter to bring up the rear?

Any takers out there?

Mark          
Hi I would be interested in joining a group or creating one if necessary. 
Hi Ivellios,

That would be great if you could join. We would have 5 players then. But we still need a DM...

MArk   
Hey, 

What version do you play and what manuals do you allow?
I have been trying to find a group for quite some time now with no luck.  
Hi Ivellios,

We were thinking about 3.5 or 4e but we can establish ground rules whe we meet up?

We still need a DM that knows what they doing...

best,

Mark

Finding a DM that knows what he/she is doing may be pretty hard given how hard it is to find players...I have DMed in the past but am a little rusty so can't say I have the best credentials.

3.5 would be great! with me included you said there would be 5 players? where would me meet and play? 
Hi Ivellios,

There are five of us players so far but no DM.   We thought about hiring a function room in a pub in durham: what do you think? Do u live in durham?

We also thought to meet up socially before the game to get to know know each each other?

I think 4e is what we might go for...

But we can discuss the rules when we might?

Good to see you in party mood Ivellios!

Mark

I live in Middlesbrough but I have no issue with traveling a little. 

Never actually tried 4e I have played with AD&D, 3.5 and Pathfinder so it would be a new experience.

As long as we're all agreed on Durham as our meeting point, I think it's much more logical to discuss the venue when we're all together, and talk about it when we all meet up.

That way, we all know, and it's a lot more reliable than having to keep on messaging each other.

The only issue we face is agreeing on a place for us all to meet up and get to know each other, and then deciding on a venue.

Anyone who has any ideas should feel free to state them, and we can get this up and running as soon as possible.

Ste

Any one fancy meeting at the market tavern in durham? It is about the easist place to get to i think.

We still need a DM of course. Taylor might do it but I have heard nothing more back...

Mark

Hi I'm luke I'm hoping to get into D&D 4e I'm 16 and looking for a group I'm new to the rules but know the basics  

neilsson wrote:

Group seeks new members, DM's and players both!

Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays preferred, plus weekend afternoons.

4e or 3.5e campaigns, all welcome!

D&D Encounters events planned October through December.

D&D Lair Assault events for future games.

PM or reply please.

PM sent.

Hi check out the new forum for D&D players in county durham uk:

the link is here

http://thegamersoutpost.co.uk/forums

Damned if I didn't actually forget I started this thread, thanks for reminding me Mark!  I must look into why I'm not receiving notifications of posts.

To highlight something I pointed out to Mark, our forums aren’t what you may expect.

We used to have a Google Group, but found the options available limited, and so moved to a forum. The numbers are small, as it’s basically a means for our gamers to communicate with one another via email or p.m.’s, or to issue ‘challenges’ for games.

It doesn’t have much by way of old threads either, as most are topical, and are deleted once they’re past their usefulness.

That said, I'd welcome the forums becoming a point for D&D players in the North East.

Happy days.

hi all,

ian has closed the forum for the moment.

if you are interested in starting a new forum let me know?

Mark

Hi all,

the link to the new forum is here

http://durhamdnd.forumotion.co.uk/

Thanks,

mark