Amelie, Aspiring Artificer

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Amelie, Aspiring Artificer -
Planeswalker - Amelie
[+1]: Look at the card on top of your library. If that card shares a name with an artifact in play, you may reveal it and put it into your hand.
[-1]: Put a 0/2 thopter artifact creature token named "Ornithopter" with flying into play.
[-2X]: Put x artifact equipment tokens named "Leonin Scimitar" with "Equipped creature gets +1/+1." and "Equip " into play, then repeat this process x times.
[1]
Cool I guess?

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Your wording says if I pay 4 I get 16 scimitars?
When designing planeswalkers, remember these three words: Synergy, Synergy, Synergy!

The abilities on this planeswalker don't really interact in any way (the first and second sort of do, I suppose). I guess a planeswalker that costs is pretty restrictive by default, but I'm also not convinced that a planeswalker should ever cost . Any sort of repeatable effect, regardless of how inconsequential it may be, is worth at least .
Rules Advisor
When designing planeswalkers, remember these three words: Synergy, Synergy, Synergy!

The abilities on this planeswalker don't really interact in any way (the first and second sort of do, I suppose). I guess a planeswalker that costs is pretty restrictive by default, but I'm also not convinced that a planeswalker should ever cost . Any sort of repeatable effect, regardless of how inconsequential it may be, is worth at least .

Synergy among planeswalker abilities is a general rule of thumb, but not always.

Chandra 3.0, Jace 4.0, Venser, Vraska, and to a lesser extent Liliana 2.0 don't really follow that trend and instead have abilities that are very flavor driven. I'd say synergy between abilities can make planeswalkers more interesting and focused, but it is really not always necessary.
You can "draw" some copies of Leonin Scimitar + Ornithopter with its first ability if you have already used its other abilities.. If you "draw" equipment, you can summon and then equip Ornithopter tokens, and if you "draw" artifact creatures, you can summon and then equip Leonin Scimitar tokens.. Also, you can summon Ornithopter tokens and then summon Leonin Scimitar tokens for them! That's enough synergy for zero-mana planeswalkers that can't have more interesting abilities, right?
This has a good amount of robots
I would've said Sorin Markov is the most flavor-driven, though.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments