Darth Tyranus (aka Count Dooku)!

Hope I didn't make any major mistakes. If I did kindly let me know kay? I based some of the info for this statblock from Fandomcomics.com (thanks for all the hard work you did on that PDF Nar). Anywho, here we go:

Darth Tyranus, Count Dooku                                                        CL 19
Medium Male Human Noble 1/Jedi 7/Melee Duelist 1/Jedi Knight 5/Jedi Master 1/Sith Apprentice 1/Sith Lord 3
Destiny 12; Force 14; Dark Side 18
Init +17; Senses Use the Force +28
Languages Basic, Geonosian, Gossam, High Galactic, Neimoidian, Sith
Defenses Ref 36 (flat-footed 33); Fort 34; Will 35; Block, Deflect, Lightsaber Defense
HP 158; Second Wind +39/79; Threshold 34
Immune fear effects
Speed 6 squares
Melee dueling lightsaber +23 (2d8+11)
Melee dueling lightsaber +21 (3d8+11) with Rapid Strike or
Melee dueling lightsaber +18/+18 (2d8+11) with Double Attack or
Melee dueling lightsaber +16/+16 (3d8+11) with Double Attack and Rapid Strike or
Melee dueling lightsaber +13/+13/+13 (2d8+11) with Triple Attack or
Melee dueling lightsaber +11/+11/+11 (3d8+11) with Triple Attack and Rapid Strike
Base Atk +18; Grp +21
Atk Options Double Attack (lightsabers), Melee Defense, Rapid Strike, Severing Strike, Triple Attack (lightsabers)
Special Actions Adept Negotiator, Combat Reflexes, Lightsaber Defense, Makashi, Redirect Shot, serenity, Telekinetic Savant 1/encounter, temptation
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +28): Conjure Doubt, Contentious Opportunity, Force Grip, Force Lightning (2), Force Thrust, Instill Turmoil, Levitate, Makashi Riposte, Move Object (3), Pushing Slash, Rebuke, Surge
Force Regimens Known (Use the Force +28): Sparring Practice, Telekinetic Practice, Training Remote, Vo'ren's Second Cadence
Force Techniques Force Power Mastery (move object), Improved Force Lightning
Force Secrets Multitarget Power, Quicken Power
Abilities Str 12; Dex 16; Con 14; Int 14; Wis 18; Cha 18
Special Qualities Build Lightsaber
Talents Adept Negotiator, Block, Deflect, Force Perception, Force Persuasion, Lightsaber Defense, Makashi, Noble Fencing Style, Redirect Shot, Severing Strike, Stolen Form (Dun Möch), Telekinetic Prodigy, Telekinetic Savant
Feats Combat Reflexes, Double Attack (lightsabers), Force Regimen Mastery, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (3), Linguist, Melee Defense, Rapid Strike, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Skill Training), Triple Attack (lightsabers), Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, simple weapons)
Primary Skills Acrobatics +17, Deception +18, Gather Information +18, Initiative +17, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +16, Knowledge (galactic lore) +16, Knowledge (social sciences) +16, Knowledge (tactics) +16, Perception +17 (Use the Force +28), Persuasion +17 (Use the Force +28), Use Computer +16, Use the Force +28
Secondary Skills Climb +10, Endurance +11, Jump +10, Knowledge (life sciences) +11, Knowledge (physical sciences) +11, Knowledge (technology) +11, Mechanics +11, Pilot +12, Ride +12, Stealth +12, Survival +12, Swim +10, Treat Injury +12
Possessions armorweave cape, designer robes, dueling lightsaber (self-built; synthetic crystal; phrik alloy, waterproof casing; silver plate), modified Punworcca-116solar sailer, large amounts of wealth and resources
Destiny Fulfilled (Corruption): Darth Tyranus has fulfilled his destiny by falling to the dark side of the Force and becoming a Sith Lord, giving him a +2 destiny bonus to his Charisma score.
Destiny Fulfilled (Education): Darth Tyranus has completed his destiny by completing Qui-Gon-Jin training in the Jedi arts, giving him a +5 destiny bonus to his Use the Force skill checks.
Dark Side 16

Abilities ... Wis 18

Looks good. Here are a couple comments:

1. The only major error I can see is that this DSS does not equal his WIS. His DSS needs to be 18 otherwise he loses access to all Sith Apprentice and Sith Lord abilities.

2. Where would I find the new powers and talents such as Stolen Form (Dun Moch), Conjure Doubt and Instill Turmoil?

JOIN US AT THE NEW STAR WARS SAGA EDITION COMMUNITY: THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Stolen Form is in Threats of the Galaxy pg.81. Although Dun Moch is a SQ from Sith Apprentice/Lord isn't it? I don't know about the others.
The Dun Moch Lightsaber Form and it's two lightsaber style Force powers (aka Conjure Doubt and Instill Turmoil) were from NarCanor's Fandomcomics.com PDF's.
Stolen Form is in Threats of the Galaxy pg.81. Although Dun Moch is a SQ from Sith Apprentice/Lord isn't it? I don't know about the others.

Yes, I am aware of the Stolen Form talent. However it allows you to choose a talent from the Lightsaber Form talent tree. Dun Moch is not a lightsaber form talent.

The Dun Moch Lightsaber Form and it's two lightsaber style Force powers (aka Conjure Doubt and Instill Turmoil) were from NarCanor's Fandomcomics.com PDF's.

Do you remember which one? I have 18 of his pdfs.

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Dun Moch is not a lightsaber form talent.

It is in Fandomcomics.com's Dark Side PDF.

Do you remember which one? I have 18 of his pdfs.

The Dark Side PDF.
This starts a whole discussion on Lightsaber Forms talent tree. To start it off I don't believe Dun Moch can be taken by a lightsider; that aside it invalidates Trakata(which uses 2 swift actions to activate deception in turning off their blade and back on to skip past the blade on blade defenses), Dun Moch makes it 1 swift action instead of 2. Why is it easier to use 1 lightsaber form than the other? Trakata has the requirments of Weapon Focus Weapon Specialization and bab +12, Dun Moch has no requirements yet gives a bigger benefit(not that I don't have a problem with Dun Moch Sith Lord SQ as it is, it's just darksiders already have enough offensive benefits over lightsiders that they don't need more) why?
This starts a whole discussion on Lightsaber Forms talent tree. To start it off I don't believe Dun Moch can be taken by a lightsider; that aside it invalidates Trakata(which uses 2 swift actions to activate deception in turning off their blade and back on to skip past the blade on blade defenses), Dun Moch makes it 1 swift action instead of 2. Why is it easier to use 1 lightsaber form than the other? Trakata has the requirments of Weapon Focus Weapon Specialization and bab +12, Dun Moch has no requirements yet gives a bigger benefit(not that I don't have a problem with Dun Moch Sith Lord SQ as it is, it's just darksiders already have enough offensive benefits over lightsiders that they don't need more) why?

Indeed. Of all the lightsaber form talents, Trakata has got to be one of the WORST. The prerequisites are unreasonably absurd: Weapon Specialization and BAB +12, are you kidding me?? The benefits are weak: You can feint as 2 swift actions. Big deal. This talent can effectively be replicated by the Combat Trickery feat, which does the exact same thing, and all you need is training in Deception to take it. This is terrible!

Trakata does activate the special abilities of 2 lightsaber form powers: Unbalancing Block and Pass the Blade.

Trakata + Pass the Blade allows you to ignore any deflection bonus the target has from the Lightsaber Defense talent. Big deal. What are the chances your opponent actually has and is using Lightsaber Defense (which is itself crappy talent)? Slim to none.

Trakata + Unbalancing Block is pretty decent, allowing a +2 dice of damage with the first attack you make on your next turn against your attacker.

On the whole, Trakata stinks. It does not measure up to the gold standard of other lightsaber form talents, such as Juyo, Vaapad, Ataru, Shii-Cho and Soresu.

If I were to house rule Trakata so that it can be a worthy lightsaber form talent, this is what I would change:

-Remove the BAB +12 prerequisite.
-Remove the Weapon Specialization prerequisite
-Change the action cost from 2 swift actions to 1 swift action.

You end up with something like this:

Trakata
By harnessing the unique characteristics of a lightsaber, you can catch your opponent off guard by quickly shutting off and reigniting the blade. When wielding a lightsaber, you may spend one swift action to make a Deception check to feint in combat. Prerequisites: Weapon Focus (lightsabers)

Indeed. Of all the lightsaber form talents, Trakata has got to be one of the WORST. The prerequisites are unreasonably absurd: Weapon Specialization and BAB +12, are you kidding me??

I always had the feeling that the prerequisites for the Trakata talent were a copy and paste error - if you notice, they are identical to those of the Juyo talent...
Indeed. Of all the lightsaber form talents, Trakata has got to be one of the WORST. The prerequisites are unreasonably absurd: Weapon Specialization and BAB +12, are you kidding me??

I always had the feeling that the prerequisites for the Trakata talent were a copy and paste error - if you notice, they are identical to those of the Juyo talent...

Trakata's prerequisites are worse than Juyo's. Juyo requires BAB +10. Trakata requires BAB +12.

BAB +12 is the highest BAB prerequisite that a talent can possibly have. You would think that this max prerequisite would give you something awesome. Trakata is anything but awesome.

I'll play Devil's Advocate for a bit: The Trakata talent was made before the combat trickery feat was made. Like a lot of other things, a feat or talent in a supplment has proved better than anything in the original book. If you only look through the Core, Trakata isn't a bad talent at all. 

RIP Kit Fisto When your using CL 18 Stormtroopers, it might be time to roll up a new campaign. I think I may be the last person on the planet who doesn't think zombies are the coolest things ever... [spoiler]I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
[\spoiler]
I'll play Devil's Advocate for a bit: The Trakata talent was made before the combat trickery feat was made. Like a lot of other things, a feat or talent in a supplment has proved better than anything in the original book. If you only look through the Core, Trakata isn't a bad talent at all. 

I've actually seen a pretty brutal build which heavily utilizes Trakata to get the most out of Sentinel's strike.  Most Dark Siders stood no chance, when that character's lightsabre would deal 7d8+20 I had flashbacks to the RCR.
192523575 wrote:
-In loving memory of all the Squirrel Jedi hunted down during the Dark Times.
"any eye for an eye leaves the world blind" "No it doesn't, there'd be one guy left with one eye" my custom miniatures http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/29829771/ChainmailJedis_customs
Sign In to post comments