Sphere of Safety: two on battlefield

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
What happens if one player has two Sphere of Safety in his or her control on the battlefield? Does the opponent by X mana per attacking creature, or 2X mana? Obviously X has increased by one when the second enchantment enter the battlefield, but does the opponent now also have to pay twice?
You have to pay both taxes. Paying the tax doesn't allow you to attack, it just prevents that Sphere from hidering your ability to attack.

(Can someone confirm this please?)
I fully agree. Hold on while I'm looking for a rule...

Tax evasion is nothing but legitimate self-defense against the theft that is tax collection.

Got it!

«If there is more than one Propaganda on the battlefield, the cost is cumulative.»

Tax evasion is nothing but legitimate self-defense against the theft that is tax collection.

(Can someone confirm this please?)

I can confirm that this is a rule:

508.1g If any of the chosen creatures require paying costs to attack, the active player determines the total cost to attack. Costs may include paying mana, tapping permanents, sacrificing permanents, discarding cards, and so on. Once the total cost is determined, it becomes "locked in." If effects would change the total cost after this time, ignore this change.

No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.

Sign In to post comments