Provoke blocking question

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Was playing a game with a friend and had a slight disagreement on the rules of the cards, here's the situation. He attacked with a card using provoke and targeted my tormented soul with is a cant block and is unblockable. Saying the provoke would force my creature to block, fair enough. Makes sense. But can you force a creature that can't block, to block because of provoke?
Please Autocard: [c]tormented Soul[/c] = Tormented Soul

No, provoke causes a target creature to block the creature if able.  A creature that can't block is not able to block the creature so it doesn't.  The same would be true if your provoke creature has flying and you provoke a creature that doesn't have flying or reach, that creature too would be unable to block so it doesn't.

DCI Level 2 Judge

Rockford, Illinois

702.37a Provoke is a triggered ability. “Provoke” means “Whenever this creature attacks, you may choose to have target creature defending player controls block this creature this combat if able. If you do, untap that creature.”

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)