Resourceful Rapscallion

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Resourceful Rapscallion
Creature - Human Rogue

Haste
When Resourceful Rapscallion enters the battlefield, put target Equipment card in a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control and attach it to Resourceful Rapscallion. At the beginning of the next end step, sacrifice that Equipment.
2/2
Rules Advisor
Cool, but requires an incredibly specific deck to be built around him. Maybe you could let his ability also target Equipment on the battlefield?

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Hmm, that's a good point. How about this?

When Resourceful Rapscallion enters the battlefield, gain control of target unattached Equipment until end of turn and attach it to Resourceful Rapscallion. When you lose control of the Equipment, unattach it.

This also lets him get a free hit with a piece of Equipment you control.
Rules Advisor
Sounds about right. He would be fun to play with, I guess. A nasty surprise for casual players packing Swords and other powerful Equipment.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

once upon a time there was a gear grabbing ogre....

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Yeah, the original version pulled from the graveyard so that it wouldn't overlap as much Geargrabber Ogre.

Here's one more shot.

Resourceful Rapscallion
Creature - Human Rogue

Haste
When Resourceful Rapscallion enters the battlefield, put target Equipment card in a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control and attach it to Resourceful Rapscallion. When that Equipment becomes unattached, sacrifice it.
2/2

Added one to the CMC in exchange for permanent retrieval. Could maybe drop him to a 2/1 if it's a little too strong now.
Rules Advisor