DIY cards

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok ive been advised to post my card idears on hear so that i can get some feedback and make sure iam not trying to make cards that are too overpowered! so hear is my first one, more to come

Drone
Creature-Xenomorph Coman
There is never just one
Search your deck for a Drone card and place into your hand,Shuffle deck afterwards.
 They're coming outta the walls. They're coming outta the goddamn walls.
2/2
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.
Is that activated abilities with flavor text?
I, uh, sort of like it. Although I don't think it's a good idea, since it will in most cases be massively confusing. If "There is never just one" is actually supposed to have any rules meaning, then you'll have to tell me.

Drone
Creature - Xenomorph Coman
, : Search your library for a card named Drone, reveal it and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Flavor text.
2/2

I don't know what either of your creature types are, but they're not Magic ones.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I don't know what either of your creature types are, but they're not Magic ones.

You don't know what a Xenomorph is? I admit, I have no idea what a Coman is (official term for the Human-DNA xenomorphs?), but for anybody to not know what a Xenomorph is...Have you not seen the Alien movies? Or Alien vs Predator? (Netherborn Phalanx has a depiction which always reminds me of the xenomorphs.)

As for the card...Drone is a valid creature type in Magic, so I don't quite agree with Mown's wording suggestion, even if the intent is to search out another copy of the card. I'd suggest adding Drone to the creature type line and leaving it open to interact with other Drone creatures.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

I care very little for space themed fiction.
It wasn't so much a suggestion as it was just clarifying how the wording should be. It specifically searches for a Drone, so I saw no reason to change it. I mean, I wouldn't want to try to take control of his card and make it my own now, would I?

Yxoque wrote:

This sentence makes me sad.

It also makes me hope Magic visits a plane with space-travel so it will annoy you.

But yeah, no, as his card is currently worded, it could search up any card with Changeling and any Drone creature card (all 16 of them). And whether or not that was the intention, I think it's an interesting effect that should be kept since xenomorphs generally behave in a hive-like manner.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

While true, it wouldn't actually be able to search for itself, and given the name, I assume that was the purpose.

Yxoque wrote:

Arrrgh damn you punctuation and my stupidity for not using the spell check! that line was meant to read "Creature - Xenomorph, Common" (as in its a common card) and yes the ability is meant to be able to find outer Xenomorph Drones within the deck. , Why would it not work? and the flavor text is meant for the card not the ability.

Thank you so far for your views on my first home made card
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
In hindsight, it's pretty obvious that it was supposed to be common.

The search ability doesn't work for the card itself because it's not a Drone. It's just a Xenomorph, the game doesn't care about names, or derivative creature types, in case all Xenomorphs are Drones. Fairly easily fixed by making it a Creature - Xenomorph Drone though. But for that I would proably change the name.

Yxoque wrote:

Hmmm! Yes i see what you mean! Thankyou for that, I will be makeing some changes so that its alot clearer 
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green

This sentence makes me sad.

It also makes me hope Magic visits a plane with space-travel so it will annoy you.

But yeah, no, as his card is currently worded, it could search up any card with Changeling and any Drone creature card (all 16 of them). And whether or not that was the intention, I think it's an interesting effect that should be kept since xenomorphs generally behave in a hive-like manner.

Show
although i did watch prometheus, didn't like it much except their costume maybe

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Hmmm, You had me at tap for flavor text. I want to find a way to make things like that work or something. . .

Political Elephantom
Creature - Illusion Elephant
Trample
: Replace Political Elephantom's rules text with its flavor text. Any player may activate this ability.

"If an Elephantom wouldst ever enter itself into a graveyard, why into exile shall you send it."

5/5

Rough draft.

Maybe better:

Flying Indrik
Creature - Beast
: Replace Flying Indrik's rules text with its flavor text.

"FLYING-"
- Ibgo, Goblin Ballooner's last words.

5/7

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
That made me giggle Pablo
Thankz!

Excited Dullard
Creature - Human Rogue
Haste, Deathtouch, First Strike, Lifelink.
: Replace Excited Dullard's rules text with its flavor text. Any player may activate this ability.

1/1

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
You realize that can only be activated once?
Of course. It'd be broken otherwise. Probably still is.

139359831 wrote: