Dragon 416 Compilation

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
D&D Insider ArticleDragon 416
Compilation

By Stan!, Keith Baker, Ed Greenwood, Doug Hyatt, Sterling Hershey, Walter Kammerer, Claudio Pozas, Rodney Thompson

This month, we're trying an experiment and publishing the magazines as single PDFs containing the month's worth of articles and adventures. We proudly present for your gaming pleasure, Dragon 416.

Talk about this magazine here.

It's great to finally have compiled magazines agains. 
i agree

i posted a blog in honor

frothsof4e.blogspot.com/

gj wizards
Yay for Stan's Editorial!

The History Check for Strahd amd Van Richten are great piece of Lore i must say and the artwork is really creepy...

Cazzeo's Themes are nice too ! I feel Dread Carapace is too good though with the encounter long buff and the fear effect.

The Life of Soth was another great read with an AD&D original art of Soth riding his nightmare!

The Bazaar if the Bizzare is a little too exclusive for my taste being centered strickly on Vampires but good for them i guess, since the newest classes generally lack support...

I didn't get to the 3 Eyes of yet... 

Nice to get all of it 11 days into the month. A big Thumbs up to those who worked hard to get it to us 

PS Glad to finally see Mags compiled again! Thank you, Wizards!
To start: WOOT RAVENLOFT!!!1one! Favourite setting, so glad to see it getting some love.

Now that's out of my system.

I've got mixed feelings about the compilation format. On one hand, it's good to see it back; it was nice having the full pdf.

On the other, there's a lot of things I miss about the seperate pdfs. So here they are:
1) Small download if I only want one file
2) Able to catalogue seperate articles for ease of reference (e.g. I have a Warlock folder)
3) Articles are available as and when they come up. I don't particularly care about the Eye on the Realms/Eberron/Darksun articles as they don't really give me much a lot of the time. I'd rather not have to wait for those to be edited and checked while the Bazaar of the Bizarre is sitting there, having been completed a week before.

So, why not have the articles loaded up seperately as and when they are done (or a on some kind of schedule) and then have it collected as a large, single pdf at the end of the month.

Tl;dr: Want best of both worlds etc etc.

Now, back to hitting refresh on the Dungeon 207 page 20+ times a day to see if that compilation's out...
Is it just me, or are  the hands on Rak Tulkhesh's illustration (Eyes on Eberron: Rak Tulkhesh, the Rage of War) backwards, with the thumb on the wrong side of each?
I'm not a subscriber so I can't see the image, but I suspect it's correct. Rakshasa have all their joints  backwards according to myth.
First thing for people working on providing new features should remember: People hate change for the sake of change. They usually don't mind genuine improvements, but change just because it's change and therefore cool tends to get hackles raised. Second thing for people working on providing new 'improved' features should remember: It shouldn't be hard for users to figure out how to turn them off if they don't like them. Just because the programmer thinks he's had a great idea doesn't mean everyone else is going to agree with them.
Thanks for bringing back compilations! Since stopping them a while back I would only read the blurb on the article and if that didn't catch my interest I'd move on. I downloaded very few articles. Now I get to browse them all ion one easy compilation. The way an e-zine should be. Wotc is still a publisher afterall.
Sign In to post comments