A word of thanks

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

About a month ago, I started DMing for a group of kids (ages 9 to 15) who signed in for a D&D extracurricular activity. I now DM for them every Monday night, and things are going pretty well. Of course, kids will be kids, so I gotta work on some discipline, but we're otherwise having a grand time.

The reason why I'm posting this is to thank the members of this forum. Nobody in particular; just anybody who posts here with questions, and those who post answers. I know I don't post much here, but I do read most of the topics, which have provided me with invaluable insight into the DM's rolewhat makes for a fun game and the confidence needed to make it work.

I know this thread won't contribute much to the forum, but I feel like I owe you all a big "Thank You."

Thanks for your kind words, man. They are in short supply these days. And thank you for your own contributions. I remember workshopping a red dragon fight with you which was a lot of fun and produced some great results for my own game. So I look forward to your future posts!

No amount of tips, tricks, or gimmicks will ever be better than simply talking directly to your fellow players to resolve your issues.
DMs: Don't Prep the Plot | Structure First, Story Last | Prep Tips | Spoilers Don't Spoil Anything | No Myth Roleplaying
Players: 11 Ways to Be a Better Roleplayer | You Are Not Your Character     Hilarious D&D Actual Play Podcast: Crit Juice!

FREE CONTENT: Encounters With Alternate Goals | Full-Contact Futbol  |  Pre-Gen D&D 5e PCs | Re-Imagining Phandelver | Three Pillars of Immersion | Seahorse Run

Follow me on Twitter: @is3rith

You're welcome. I know there are tons of fights and arguments on here, but it's nice to know someone somewhere is getting use out of them.
My username should actually read: Lunar Savage (damn you WotC!) *Tips top hat, adjusts monocle, and walks away with cane* and yes, that IS Mr. Peanut laying unconscious on the curb. http://asylumjournals.tumblr.com/
I think this post is one of the best contributions in a long time.  I hope you won't feel threatened to express any of your own questions or concerns in the future. 

Additionally thank those kids for us.  They're going to help pave the future of this game, and tell them not to be distraught if they read any of the 20 pages of arguements that we create.  
I think this post is one of the best contributions in a long time.  I hope you won't feel threatened to express any of your own questions or concerns in the future. 

Additionally thank those kids for us.  They're going to help pave the future of this game, and tell them not to be distraught if they read any of the 20 pages of arguements that we create.  

Funny how a game that often involves resolving debate by play-acting two characters hitting each other with a stick can teach us how to debate without hitting one another with sticks. Cool
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.

Fully agree!
I think this post is one of the best contributions in a long time.  I hope you won't feel threatened to express any of your own questions or concerns in the future.  (snip) 

I agree.

And it's also great to hear that a new generation of RPGers is "in training". 
Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom