Undying vs Tragic slip

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Allright so what i want to know is, if i have a creature like strangleroot geist who has a undying and that creature has a +1/+1 counter on him, and somone uses a tragic slip on him would he die? because doesnt tragic slip counter the +1+1 counters b4 it kills the creature
Tragic Slip gives -1/-1 or -13/-13, but no counters. The undying creature won't return if it has a +1/+1 counter on it.

Note, even if you did put -1/-1 counters on the undying creature with a single spell or ability, enough to reduce its toughness to 0 or less, the creature wouldn't return either. Annihilating +1/+1 counters and -1/-1 counters happens simultaneously with the creature dying, all as a single event, so the creature still dies with a +1/+1 counter on it. It goes from being on the field with a +1/+1 counter to being in the graveyard.

I have started up a Draft experiment in the Limited forums. If you're interested in Draft, come and check it out. The second packs have just been opened!

http://community.wizards.com/forum/limited-sealed-and-draft/threads/4206961

(It will go on for many more weeks, probably until end of July)

Once again aced the Rules Advisor test (Feb 2015). (I still make mistakes now and then, but who doesn't.)

"Simple questions" usually need rather complex answers, while complex questions often come down to no more than a simple "yes" or "no".

all right that's what i wanted to know
Sign In to post comments