DLCR: Aquus Steed

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other RtR card to rate is...

Aquus Steed

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what pack.
4.5: First pick pack 1.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color.
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me to this color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

Ok admittedly Saltfield Recluse was pretty insane in drafting and probably to good.  I still think this card is a little to spendy for the ability though.  Maybe if it was 2 I'd take it more often but having to leave 3 mana up just isn't an option sometimes.

Discuss! 
Decent Filler fits this card.  I wasn't unhappy to be messing with people's attack steps, but three mana is not ideal.  1.5

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
1.5 sounds good.

I'm curious how much work this guy does, but it's spendy for him to do it.  Still in a heavy defender/control/mill deck he might find a home.
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
Also I still think he should be a horse.
Given MtG's history for Summon - X types I think they're much closer with 'Beast' instead of horse than they have been in the past.  Goblin Rock Sled
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
1.5 sounds good.

I'm curious how much work this guy does, but it's spendy for him to do it.  Still in a heavy defender/control/mill deck he might find a home.

Sometimes, especially against smaller creature decks like Rakdos, he can screw with the attack step.  With multiple flash creatures, he gets better as you can either use him or ambush with a creature.    (My pre-re deck had 2 x Hussar Patrol and the Predator)

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
He seems fine as a one of.
1.0. Three is a lot to leave open every turn.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
.5 this is a terrible card and has to have some synergy with Simic or Dimir, because it sure doesn't fit in any reasonable RTR decks.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
1.5 for me as well.  The extra toughness isn't massively helpful and the 3 mana to activate is really heavy.  I agree that Recluse was probably too good but this is too far the other way.
I was thinking 1.0 as well. Although there are certainly situations where this can dominate by effectively preventing any attacks when you have 3 mana up (as it likely allows a number of your creatures to survive when they would have otherwise traded.)
Sign In to post comments