Bridge from Below and Dread Return Combo's?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all,

So I'm wondering what other combo's are out there for me to try in my Dredge deck?

Say we have three creatures in play, a Bridge from Below and a Dread Return in the graveyard;
What tech can I use (with a very small amount of mana, or none at all) to then go crazy?

Bladewing the Risen & Sharuum the Hegemon can both create an infinte loop due to legend rule, provided we have two of them in the GY, thereby giving us an incredibly large amount of zombies to eat brains next turn.
(With multiple Dread Return in the GY, we could potentially then use , Flayer of the Hatebound etc)

What other combo's can I potentially exploit with DR & BfB to put us in a winning position?
Sadistic Hypnotist + Karmic Guide + Reveillark is cruel.
Viscera Seer instead of Hypnotist allows you to tutor stuff.
Add Anger into the equation and all your tokens can attack right away.
Add Murderous Redcap or Blood Artist into the equation and you have a way to kill your opponent without attacking.
Realise you need 3 Sharums or Bladewings to combo. Dread Return brings back 1st, targeting #2 which will need a third in the yard to target. Legend Rule wont put them in the yard in time to target themselves.

The Mimeoplasm as Murderous Redcap with counters from Lord of extinction is another option if you want to wait for 3 cards in the yard.
Thanks everyone!
Sleeping those idea's are pretty disturbing.  The Sadistic Hypnotist idea is pretty cute!  I like it.

Realise you need 3 Sharums or Bladewings to combo. Dread Return brings back 1st, targeting #2 which will need a third in the yard to target. Legend Rule wont put them in the yard in time to target themselves.

Not true - you only need two.
When the second one enters play, it triggers & the legend rule happens.
The legend rule kills both, whilst the 2nd Sharuums' trigger is still on the stack. Because a triggered "Enters the Battlefield" ability still happens regardless of whether the creature was killed (and regardless of how), you simply then grab back another Sharuum/Bladewing and continue on your merry way.

Thanks everyone!
Sleeping those idea's are pretty disturbing.  The Sadistic Hypnotist idea is pretty cute!  I like it.

Not true - you only need two.
When the second one enters play, it triggers & the legend rule happens.
The legend rule kills both, whilst the 2nd Sharuums' trigger is still on the stack. Because a triggered "Enters the Battlefield" ability still happens regardless of whether the creature was killed (and regardless of how), you simply then grab back another Sharuum/Bladewing and continue on your merry way.

Still not correct. The legend rule kills the legends before the trigger from Sharuum or Bladewing is even put on the stack. That's why, when the trigger finally is put on the stack, the legend is in the graveyard and thus a legal target for the trigger.
Regardless how many you need, I think combos in Dredge are completely unnecessary.  The biggest strength of the deck is that it's just so grossly consistent, trying to add a combo win would probably dilute that and end up making the deck worse overall.  And it already wins fast enough that going infinite is sort of redundant.
Regardless how many you need, I think combos in Dredge are completely unnecessary.  The biggest strength of the deck is that it's just so grossly consistent, trying to add a combo win would probably dilute that and end up making the deck worse overall.  And it already wins fast enough that going infinite is sort of redundant.

True - but I'm curious.

Cheers for the explanation rezzahan - i was sure you only needed two, but I'm not always dead-on with rules.