Sudden Olivia price spike?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, but I just noticed that Starcitygames and Channelfireball have Olivia listed at 20$ (or something close.) When I bought my playset of Olivia last month, it was only around 4$. Did she suddenly gain a bunch of standard appeal? I thought Aristocrat was the go-to 4 drop for B/R in standard. Now that I notice it, Aristocrat seems to have spiked as well...

I'm kind of new to standard so I'm sorry if this has an obvious answer.
While I can't say anything reliable on the Tier 1 playability of these cards in the new format, I wouldn't be surprised if the prices were hiked purely based on all the hype about Jund and BR Zombies, to say nothing of Rakdos-theme decks. BR did get some nice toys in RtR as well.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
It's based on the fact that she smashed face at SCG:Cinci 

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

That, and the only reason she wasn't played was because Delver Decks were so unfair.

(at)MrEnglish22

HOLY poo poo!
HOLY poo poo!

Yup. Traded mine away for some neat stuff. Glad I had 6 of them lying around.

(at)MrEnglish22

Just noticed that a few days ago & ordered 2 off a different site for $7 +shipping. Bought my first at the Dark Ascension prerelease. Looking forward to a Jund happy winter :-)
Yeah, Jund is likely gonna be one of the Tier decks to beat.  Cram all the best creatures and all the best removal into one deck.  It's gooood.  And Olivia is its finisher.  I mean, I'm not sure if you noticed or anything, but she's STUPID GOOD.  Hi aggro, wipe your board.  O hay midrange, hand me your board.  Hey control, I noticed you can't actually play your finisher right now. 

catowner wrote:
Welcome to 2012. Blue has the most efficient creatures, black has the all-in monocolored aggro deck, the most controlling deck in the format is green-red, control decks lose to aggro in attrition wars, and counterspells aren't an answer to fatties.
Islands wrote:
Pack Rat is like Bitterblossom and Tarmogoyf had a black baby.
Yeah, because control cares about olivia...

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGS1AL.png) Sig by zpikduM.

Of course it cares. You don't want your finisher dying to the legendary rule.

(at)MrEnglish22

I just saw Olivia just steal a board and singlehandedly own a Naya deck.

Like......... 3 mins ago from this post.

She is good.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
When control's primary finisher is a metric butt-load of angel tokens, Olivia seems less useful.

Still, she's incredible. I plan on running 3 for a long time. 

You heard it here first, folks.

catowner wrote:
Welcome to 2012. Blue has the most efficient creatures, black has the all-in monocolored aggro deck, the most controlling deck in the format is green-red, control decks lose to aggro in attrition wars, and counterspells aren't an answer to fatties.
Islands wrote:
Pack Rat is like Bitterblossom and Tarmogoyf had a black baby.

Of course it cares. You don't want your finisher dying to the legendary rule.

I snickered.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGS1AL.png) Sig by zpikduM.

Yes, of course Olivia is bad against control, especially against Entreat. But hey, that's what SB Slaughter Games is for. 
Sign In to post comments