Can multiple Life-gains stack?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

I'm running a Vampire deck with a pretty heavy Lifelink theme, and I wanted to ask if two "If target loses life, you gain life" effects stack.

Specifically, suppose I have [C]Exquiste Blood[/C] out and I hit the enemy player with a [C]Markov's Patrician[/C] Do I gain 6 life (3 from the Patrician's lifelink, 3 from [C]Exquiste Blood[/C])? Also, does playing [C]Taste of Blood[/C] with [C]Exquiste Blood[/C] out net me 2 life?
Lifelink does not stack
however, similar abilities will stack

so, no to the question you asked, yes to the question you meant ;)
proud member of the 2011 community team
I'm running a Vampire deck with a pretty heavy Lifelink theme, and I wanted to ask if two "If target loses life, you gain life" effects stack.

Nothing has such an ability. It doesn't even make sense. Surely you mean "Whenever ...", a triggered ability. If you have two triggered ability that trigger on the same even, they both trigger.

But then again, you mention lifeliink and lifelink is not a triggered ability. In fact, lifelink itself doesn't do anything at all. Rather, the game checks if the source has lifelink when damage is dealt. Since the game only cares whether the source has lifelink or not, it doesn't matter how many instances of lifelink it has.

Specifically, suppose I have [C]Exquisite Blood[/C] out and I hit the enemy player with a [C]Markov Patrician[/C], do I gain 6 life (3 from the Patrician's lifelink, 3 from [C]Exquisite Blood[/C])?

Also, does playing [C]Taste of Blood[/C] with [C]Exquisite Blood[/C] out net me 2 life?

Yes