A few of my favorite things

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here are a few D&D related things that you may not know about, so I thought I'd share:
1) Lords of Waterdeep (surprisingly good game with an expansion in the works)
2) DnDclassics.com (D&D pdfs available again on rpgnow)
3) Mini Counters (and Tiny Hair Bands for conditions)
4) Dwarven Forge Kickstarter (like the Reaper one, you don't wanna miss it)

I don't make any of these, I just like 'em
thanks for the links ^^
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Nice, thanks mvincent.  I kicked in for the Dungeon Crawler minis, and I really hope that one can do well.  I have all their other miniatures, and I love them.  (I just used the seductress last week, in fact.)  I'll add a couple of other links that may prove helpful, if that's okay.

One of my favorite online gaming stores is Miniature Market.  They have a lot of good deals, including lots of D&D 4E (and other RPG) products on clearance right now, including the first two Dungeon Command sets for $22 each.  They require $100 to get free shipping, though.

My favorite way of keeping track of conditions and stuff on miniatures is Alea Tools magnets.  They're expensive, but they're a lot easier to deal with than hair bands and other fussy things, because they stack easily and neatly with each other, don't get in the way of other things, and are easy to read, especially if you use their edge marks.  They're offering a 25% discount on 1" magnets for the next four days too.  (EDIT: The first generation of these magnets had repulsion problems for adjacent magnets, but they licked that problem a couple of years ago.  Their current line uses smaller magnets that don't interact with adjacent magnets.)

Game on!
Nice, thanks mvincent.  I kicked in for the Dungeon Crawler minis, and I really hope that one can do well.  I have all their other miniatures, and I love them.  (I just used the seductress last week, in fact.)  I'll add a couple of other links that may prove helpful, if that's okay.

One of my favorite online gaming stores is Miniature Market.  They have a lot of good deals, including lots of D&D 4E (and other RPG) products on clearance right now, including the first two Dungeon Command sets for $22 each.  They require $100 to get free shipping, though.

My favorite way of keeping track of conditions and stuff on miniatures is Alea Tools magnets.  They're expensive, but they're a lot easier to deal with than hair bands and other fussy things, because they stack easily and neatly with each other, don't get in the way of other things, and are easy to read, especially if you use their edge marks.  They're offering a 25% discount on 1" magnets for the next four days too.  (EDIT: The first generation of these magnets had repulsion problems for adjacent magnets, but they licked that problem a couple of years ago.  Their current line uses smaller magnets that don't interact with adjacent magnets.)

Game on!

Just wondering but do these magnets fit nicely into the standard 5/5 square for a dnd map ?  They seem a bit larger in the pictures provided, which is why I'm curious.  Either way they seem really useful and handy to use ^^
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

they fit near-perfectly into the standard 1" map square.  If my DM has the 2" markers he hasn't ever felt the need to use 'em, so I can't speak to them.

INSIDE SCOOP, GAMERS: In the new version of D&D, it will no longer be "Edition Wars." It will be "Edition Lair Assault." - dungeonbastard

The oppinion I have shared with all my friends on Lords of Waterdeep is this-
"Lots of D&D / Realms lore and story, traditional worker placement Euro-game play"

Of course most of my friends like or at least put up with worker placment Euro-games.  
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
Just wondering but do these magnets fit nicely into the standard 5/5 square for a dnd map ?  They seem a bit larger in the pictures provided, which is why I'm curious.  Either way they seem really useful and handy to use ^^

The smaller chips are 1" in diameter, whereas the larger ones are 2" in diameter.  They fit perfectly onto 1" battle grids.  Yay!
The Village and minis are nice,

Thanks for the link mvincent!
I added/updated a few things:
- A cheap Don't Break the Ice game works great with miniatures (say, as a prop for an encounter). The cubes are each about 1".
- Buying a single house from this other Kickstarter looks like it will get you extra signs that could be useful for the Miniature village Kickstarter
- The Pre-painted miniatures Kickstarter was relaunched to be easier to understand.
thank you once again ^^

The links in the original post have been (completely) re-updated again. Removed outdated ones. Changed the link to the hair bands. And most importantly:

added a link to the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter.
added a link to the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter.

Thanks! That one is going to be a big deal for D&D players!

Sign In to post comments