DLCR: Aerial Predation

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other RtR card to rate is...

Aerial Predation

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what pack.
4.5: First pick pack 1.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color.
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me to this color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

Right now I'm going to rate this as sideboard only.  I don't know yet how common flyers are going to be to go up against.

Discuss! 
I'll go 1.0 on this, but the number of flyers in RtR is fewer than M13, so this may be a board card.  It's still useful, and anything that can kill bombs this cheap is worth having around.
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
1.0. This is worse than Plummet, but I think I'd give Plummet like a 1.5 or possibly 2.0 because of its strength as a sideboard card.

I played with a couple of these at the release, and ended up boarding them out every match but one. It should be noted they won me that match though.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

.5  I think this had more value at the prerelease as every Azorius deck played Archon.  Still, a solid removal spell from the board and ups your life a little.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
.5. This is only good against Azorius and even then it's not that effective. Sideboard.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
I'd put this roughly on par with Plummet. If your opponent is playing flyers they are often the cards you want to remove most. On the other hand, not every opponent is going to give you that opportunity.

I think a 1 is fair. I'll maindeck this but generally be happier to see it start in the sideboard.
I don't think I'd maindeck it, unless I really didn't have a threat to replace it.
From my limited experience at the Pre-Releases, it feels like there are a lot fewer targets for this. I would say .5 as a sideboard card.
0.5 seems about right.
The deal is, there are not many common fliers that you want to actively remove in the set. All common fliers are 2/1-2-3, low impact cards. In green, you'd rather have giant spiders (two of them in common) to deal with them.

It does deal with big bombs, though, so in a slow, controling "try not to lose" deck (hopefully with some card draw), it's understandable to md one in sealed, because the more you win in sealed, the more likely that you're going to run into flying bombs. 
The mage formerly known as kedi. Team GFG - Goons From Ghana - Playing sweet decks since 2010 1:31 AM Nighthavk_: I'm actually playing B/r zombies 1:31 AM Battle7: nice 1:31 AM Nighthavk_: yeah it's pretty sweet really 1:31 AM Battle7: playing esper tokens 1:32 AM Nighthavk_: I like that deck 1:32 AM Battle7: it's sweet
I'm new to this whole forum, but enjoying the learning. I would have to go .5. I havn't played a lot, but can't see removal as a green thing. And remove of a subset? Sideboard for a known flyer deck ok.
Sign In to post comments