DLCR: Abrupt Decay

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays RtR card to rate is...

Abrupt Decay

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what pack.
4.5: First pick pack 1.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color.
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me to this color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

I can't imagine not first picking this mainly due to value unless there's an insane foil rare/mythic in the pack.  In draft this card is still pretty solid.  It's not ideal removal by any means but I would still play it.

Discuss! 
2.5  Loves to eat Centaur tokens especially.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
There are a number of value drafts I'm sure people are going to take in RtR that won't fit into decks.

As for this one, I'll say 3.0

It can kill any token, but largely removal that is limited to low end creatures is a pretty big drawback here.  Still, it will always find a target and being able to kill something like Cryptborn Horror is solid, especially for cheap.
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
3.0. Guys, this kills Stab Wound
3.0-3.5

3-drops are very relevant in this limited, and it laughs at grove tokens.  

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

3.0. Guys, this kills Stab Wound

I didn't think of that.  Upping to 3.0

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."
3.5. Not only does it kill tokens, and Stab Wound, it also kills all of the guildmages as well as the cycle of uncommon three-drops (well, almost all uncommon). And solid dudes such as most of the Unleash guys, Selesnya beaters, Arrest, Civic Saber, Keyrunes, etc...
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Forgot about Keyrunes, that's pretty cool. I don't think it deserves a 3.5, I think something like Oblivion Ring (or similarly Detention Sphere) might because of its ability to deal with bombs, but this could possibly go up to 3.25. It's cheap cost makes it effective against aggro.
I was gonna say 2.5, but after hearing some of these arguments, I can go up to 3.0.  Not higher than that though.
I think 3.0 is fair. It is instant speed removal for a lot of the stuff in the set.
My ratings on this set are going to be hard until I draft it a lot. I would estimate this is a 3.0-3.5 card, trending towards 3.5 right now.
3 in limited.  Being uncounterable is hardly relevant but this kills about half the permanents in the set so that's pretty effective removal.
Hearing how many targets you can have, there is an 8/8 token creature in green. That would be huge if they don't have tokens to populate yet. I guess I find myself weighing all the cards like this:
Pack 1: 3.5
Pack 2: 3.0
Pack 3: 2.0

I think the big thing on this is that situational. That being said, if you get mana fixing that can increase pack 3 to 2.5
Sign In to post comments